• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Amazing Spider-man FINISHED

Okay, using all three of your suggestions I came up with this:

The-Amazing-Spider-man-5.jpg

Better or worse?

No me gusta. Green Goblin looks like a rubber action figure. Why not use something from the actual film? what happened to simplicity? now it's got the vague odour of fromage.

Sorry dude, simplicity got a little lost in the suggestion box. Maybe we should take the whole thing back to formula. :D

GG looks like plastic there. true.

Hmm...cas, yeah, lose the pic of GG.

Maybe you could do something to suggest the presence of evil, rather than overtly showing it.

It might be tough to pull off, but how about a still from the movie with an explosion or something, really subtly reflected? Otherwise, I tend to like your first version with the GG in the eye.

Kepp it up, you're doing a remarkable job!

i like cassidy's suggestion.... you dont acually have to show the GG just suggest something. subtle explosion or storm would work

Couple of more suggestions:

Could you please match the red from the mask to the red in the suit. The shot of the suit is looking a bit orange.

The red spider icon on the spine, could you reverse it so its a red spider on a black background. It will match the suit.

The mask looks like CG work, Peter Parker looks like Graphic Art. It would be stronger if they both match. Find a mask that is also Graphic Art.

Black drop shadow on THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN

a friend says to check out covers from amazing spiderman #115 - 124.
he says there are a lot of great green goblin images on the covers of those. you can probably find some high rez scans on ebay or something.

Careful not to get too demanding guys, otherwise it doesn't become cas's vision and more yours, which of course, you are free to do.

It's tricky when you use images that weren't created specifically for the movie - I'd say keep it as simple as possible and you'll get the nicest result.

Move the image to the back, and put the description & logos (DVD, Dolby etc...) on back at the bottom.

Get a good shot of Spider-Man's mask and put it on the front, then use lighting effects to make it look all mysterious and dark, to match the back.

Yeah, I'll try not to be too demanding. lol

Cassidy said:
Here's what I would do.

Move the image to the back, and put the description & logos (DVD, Dolby etc...) on back at the bottom.

Get a good shot of Spider-Man's mask and put it on the front, then use lighting effects to make it look all mysterious and dark, to match the back.

It looks great though, very different from most of the garrish covers out there!

That's what I said in it's entirety.

I only said that is what "I" would do, cas didn't have to take my suggestion.

Regardless, I wasn't having a go at you, I was just getting Cas' back.

I'm hoping killbillme didn't take that too personal, but I appreciate it Cassidy. Everyone's suggestions have been spot on IMHO. It's challenging me and I like to see what the suggestions look like on the cover. The end result will of course be on my end and it's totally up to others if they want to download it, find another or have a go at it themselves. That's what's great about this hobby; choose or choose to do your own. :)

Nah, just pointing out that everyone is "suggesting"
so were is the latest version?

Trying out your suggestions at the moment with the reds and a graphic mask. Needs a little more fx to it. Maybe in an hour or so.

Would you settle for Queen instead?

I want it all...
I want it all...
I want it all...
And I want it now!

(que guitar)

Okay, taking all suggestions into account (hopefully) and still trying to stay close the previous versions, I come uo with this:

The-Amazing-Spider-man-6.jpg

i am really liking this one ;) i think the comic book GG works wayy better than the other one. fantastic work.

i'm going to be a little picky, merely because it's looking so great already, and there aren't any major flaws left.....

i think the dark shadow of the "amazing spider-man" should be a little more off-centered, just so it shows up a little better, and highlights the title a little more.

and i don't know if this will work or not... but try it and see if it does..... make the green goblin image a close-up.... so his face fills most of the spider-man eye. it is a roughly the right angle that it would fit in the eye nicely...... just a thought.... i think it could look really cool.... possibly even better than what you have.... and what you have is amazing.

Yes, I like the comic book appearance of this one too. Nice work!

Yes, Thats coming along.

Now Because the black from the back spills into the front and since the lighting on Peter implies that its dark, the image of GG should also have a dark background, unless spidey is watching a tv image of GG. And it would also be good if GG was looking straight at Peter (not unlike the first GG image you used. It's stronger that way)

what are the eyelens supposed to be anyways? Are they mirrors or some white substance?. I don't remember. if they are mirrors, the reflection should be clear and use darkness and distance and enviroment to create diffusion. If they are white...? hell I don't know. what dope would wear white lens?

It would make sense that if they are meeting/rumbling, it'd be high on a building, so a city skyline at night might be nice.

Back
Top Bottom