• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Amazing Spider-man FINISHED

i can't decide.... i keep looking at it and i like it how it is.... can't decide if the closeup on the GG would be better or worse..... was just an idea.

You're a tough audience, but it's the best feedback on a cover I've ever gotten. I'll be right back.

we're only tough because you're so good..... we have to nitpick about stuff because overall this cover just rocks!!!!

i just asked a friend and he said he likes it better the way it is... rather than a closeup....so i don't know

Yeah, looking at the wide shot of Peter holding the mask, it appears as if the eyes are covered in white cloth. whats about in the movies? is it cloth or what? anyways, I supposed you can have a reflection off cloth.

I was also thinking that if you dont want to use a city skyline at night you could consider the spidey-sense effect. The front of the mask kind looks like the half mask that Peter gets when his spidey sense is tingling.
so IF you want, shoot out some spidey-sense tingling effect beams that will start from the mask and work their way to the back. In a simple way. lol

Of course, I'm just throwing ideas. Its all looking real nice.

Another good suggestion, but I was looking to have the mask blend a bit into black to use for the back. As to the reflection, they've been using that look since the Ultimate line for which the films are based on. I did however find a pic of GG with a blue background. Enjoy. :)

The-Amazing-Spider-man-7.jpg

Well, while the votes come in for the cover, I'll share the look of the labels for ya. Two choices - who says I'm not generous? :)

Disc-Label.jpg

Disc-Label-a.jpg

Oh, quick FYI the mesh is fixed, just not in the previews.

Nicely done - I'd say go for the second (red) one, and save the first one for the inevitable Spider-Man 3 "Venom" edit. Eh?

yeah, i like the second one better for this one too... though the first one is really cool.

Oh, good call on saving the black one for 3; I'll do that. Now, onto the back.

All of this is looking great, I can't wait to see the final product

You think this would look good on the back? Spent awhile trying to get the blends right.

Photo-Blend.jpg

Okay, so I decided to use the above but make it look like watercolor to match the rest of the image. The whole motif has a whole art, comic feel to it. I've yet to do the synopsis and features. I tried the balloon in standard comic white, but it just over-powered everything. This is probably 90% what the end result will be.

The-Amazing-Spider-man-8.jpg

that seriously rocks, my friend. it rocks good.

Don't think this merits it's own thread, so I am going to piggyback on this one.

I finished my rough cut of Spider-Man 2. I cut almost 13 minutes out, hopefully pacing the movie up and deleting a few moments that I found either unnecessary, gratingly irritating, or both. I also changed the ending around a little and nixed the rock music in the end credits.

I am going to hold off on screening this until it gets closer to Spider-Man 3 time, though. I also won't be releasing this. It's just a bunch of changes that I felt personally help the movie, don't think it's something for mass-consumption. Plus, my editing is pretty novice, and I can't be bothered to go through the trouble of releasing is.

Scenes Deleted:
-Peter delivers the pizza late. It's perfectly implied with this scene missing. Now cuts from Spidey web-slinging the slice back from the guy, to the scene where Aasif Mandvi fires him.
-Aunt May's money troubles and guilt. I just felt that the pacing needed to be amped up in the first few acts, and the party scene already went on long enough. I didn't see anything terribly important in this scene.
-The scene where Peter returns to his apartment. The landlord and daughter are cut from the movie completely. I found these characters to be nothing more than self-indulgent comedy from Raimi. All they do is slow down the pace. The movie now crossfades from MJ walking away from the street scene to the sunset shot, and then the Octavious introduction scene.
-The laundromat scene. Another self-indulgent comedy bit from Raimi that only slows down the movie.
-Peter getting ready for the play. Mainly cut because of the continuity problem of his landlord and daughter showing up (wouldn't make sense in this version, 'who the hell are they?). Couldn't cut just them out because of music audio continuity. The movie cuts from the Octavious dinner scene to the shot of the theater in the 'getting ready' scene, and I faded the music in. Kind of a bad cut, but I couldn't get it better.
-In the scene where the kids see Peter do the flip move, I end it on Peter's reply. The "That's what my mom always said" line annoys me, so I cut it.
-The Hal Sparks scene. More pointless indulgence for a cheap laugh.
-The "Raindrops keep falling on my head" montage. For pacing, and also because I find it rots my teeth too much. Movie now cuts from Peter throwing away the suit to Peter finally making it to the play.
-The reprieve of the street musician singing the old Spider-Man theme. I tried to cut her out completely, but couldn't. But at least the second appearance is gone. A nice nod to the classic cartoon, but it's irritating.
-The landlord's daughter visiting Peter, for the previous reasons stated. A kind of hard one, since cutting from the push-in on Peter at the fire to Aunt May moving out wasn't working visually for me, so I left in the crossfade and Peter's short soliloquy up to the moment where the girl walks in, and then cut to Aunt May's house. Her having called him doesn't matter, the scene plays fine as a random visit instead.
-MJ at her apartment with Captain Jameson. The movie isn't about her, and cutting the scene paces the movie up a bit.

I also changed the ending. After Peter drops MJ off with Jameson, we fade to the wedding scene. The little moment of MJ worrying about Peter as he 'flies' off fades into the final Harry scene, which now becomes a full-fledged cliffhanger. I think this creates a cooler tone as a lead-in to the next movie, and also I like the way the scenes now lead in to each-other. MJ is reunited with her fiancee and Peter leaves, leading in to her final decision to leave Jameson, and then MJ's obvious wariness for Peter's safety leads in to what will soon put that in jeopardy. The second cut works much better than the first for me, though.

Finally, I overlayed the opening credit music over the end credits. I hate blaring rock music in movies.

Back
Top Bottom