• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Amazing Spider-man FINISHED

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally finished Spence's download of this film (thanks to peers) and thought I'd add my touch to it. I had started one back on **.com months ago but now I'm looking to tie it into the font used. I'm going for simplicity, all the other great covers have a lot of colour in it and I thought the wallpaper I found was too sweet to pass up. Very early stage here (about 1/2 hour). Thoughts?

The-Amazing-Spider-man.jpg

I like the front. sometimes simple works really well. some covers go a bit overboard and things get cluttery. Do you have any ideas yet for the back? images, fonts, etc??

The imp goes imaging again!!!!
YES!!!!

I think it works great. I'm also staying away from covers that look like they were released by a studio. They seem to be trying too hard to SELL! Meanwhile, we've already bought. So No logos, No info.You're downloading this stuff from a torrent client or a webpage. All the info is there. You're not browsing through a WalMart.
Also I like the idea of no front or back, just one BIG CANVAS.

Thanks everyone! I'm a bit stuck on the back since it's such a blank canvas at the moment; suggestions?

The-Amazing-Spider-man-1.jpg

Here's what I would do.

Move the image to the back, and put the description & logos (DVD, Dolby etc...) on back at the bottom.

Get a good shot of Spider-Man's mask and put it on the front, then use lighting effects to make it look all mysterious and dark, to match the back.

It looks great though, very different from most of the garrish covers out there!

Some pretty good suggestions there Cassidy. I'll see what I can find.

Tried your suggestion Cas, and I'm liking what I have so far. This might just be a keeper.

The-Amazing-Spider-man-2.jpg

looking good. :) are you going to put a lot on the back? you may want to fade a bit of spiderman a bit if you are going to be putting on logos (DVD, Dolby etc...) on back at the bottom. he's already got great lighting so a little fade may work to keep the clutter down

Wasn't it the intention of Spence to get rid of the Power rangers look of the Green Goblin? So it might be not the most fitting front for this edit...

Yeah, but then he'd have to take out Goblin altogether and you'd be stuck with an origin short film. I can try and put something else there, but I always liked that you have the hero and villain on the cover.

well, that is of course right, CI. And GG is the enemy in this one.

Well I could always fill it in with something. Any suggestions?

The-Amazing-Spider-man-3.jpg

hehe... I catually like this one better, but it would be even better with some kind of reflection effect...

If you'll forgive my beer fueled compliment, cas...

THAT LOOKS FUCKING GREAT!!!

Right with you guys; added the reflection. Just have to work on the back and disc art and I'm done.

The-Amazing-Spider-man-4.jpg

i don't know.... i mean i agree about the power ranger look to the green goblin..... but i also liked the image with him in there best... because showing him in there looked cool...... maybe you could take an image of the green goblin from the comics and just barely ghost him in there....

I'm not sure about the white drop shadow on "THE AMAZING SPIDER MAN" it worked on the black, not so good on the red mask. maybe you should move it to the back cover. have the mask by itself in the front. more dramatic.

What about just reflecting Gobbie's eye in Spidey's, kind of like they were face to face?

Back
Top Bottom