• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

TDKR - "The Consequences Edit" New 2021 Update

Wow, its amazing what time will allow one to see about themselves. ( I can never deny I have been EXTREMELY delusional about overestimating my skill level at this hobby. I realize am insufferable to say the least. I apologize.)

the late reveal of Bruce seems to work fine.

It most definitely did not.

I recently shared this edit with @lantern51 and hadn't seen it myself in a while, so gave it a watch.
And Lantern reached out to say the intro was so rushed, they couldn't finish. I had just checked it out and I completely agreed.

So when I released this edit, I tried to go over and above my initial goals, based on a youtube critique I saw of TDKR that commented on How Bruce "heals" twice in the film, and i attempted to remove any mention of Bruce being less than healthy. I realize not, that was most of Act 1 and what was left was crap.

Since this edit was never actually reviewed, I took the liberty of dialing it back to its original goals:

• Bruce dies at the end.
  • Removed Bruce sleeping with Amanda Tate
  • Alfred's dream vacation story is scrubbed.
  • All mentions of autopilot are scrubbed.
  • The history eraser program is minimized and is no longer a motivation for Selina after Batman saves her from the thugs.
  • Countdown to Core Meltdown Timecodes added to Bruce's scenes in the pit to spread out the timing of Bruce's recovery.
  • Any verbal mention of time outside of a more evenly paced decent into chaos are removed.
  • Blake gets the bag without being called Robin.
  • Gordon doesn’t go back to work. (He’s lucky he’s not being prosecuted for his perjury, at the minimum!)

So a whole new "v4" version is now available, with more restrained goals and (hopefully) better execution.

Back
Top Bottom