• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Supergirl (CW)

This show has done a complete 180 for me.  I kept telling friends they HAVE to start watching this show now because they really got this season off to an amazing start!  Tyler's Superman left me wanting MORE and I'd be in fan boy heaven if they gave him his own Superman show.  Supergirl is really standing on her own and her struggle of what she wanted to do with her life as Kara is relatable and genuine.  

Metallo next week?  My all-time favorite Superman villain!  To see our new Superman fighting him alongside Supergirl will be awesome!  Their relationship is portrayed better than I expected.  He is always calm and hopeful and not brooding and you can see how she looks up to him like a big brother.  The writers somehow managed to take one of the most iconic superheroes of all time and not have him overshadow Supergirl.

On to the next episode!

A general season two teaser trailer..... but the scene at the 50 second mark should make comic book readers of a certain age go "Wow"...

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUoyiOwP2h0[/video]

Supergirl-Crisis-Infinite-Earths-Pose-Comic-Comparison.jpg

All the Arrowverse shows are hitting it out of the park so far this season, but by far for me, the most improved and best show of shows, is Supergirl!

I am so loving this second season so far.  The mantra from the producers this year for all the shows is "fun with substance", and Supergirl has really embraced this... I love how it has incorporated current day social and political issues and explores it with a comic book twist... Aliens vs Humans.  Kryptonians vs Daxamites.  Green Martians vs. White Martians....  all the while remaining optimistic and full of hope.   Reminds me of old Star Trek in some ways... lol.

Alex coming out and then being friend zoned I thought was handled with extraordinarily well and broke my heart a bit too.
The Cadmus as Alien Hating extremists terrorists are fantastic villains.  And the Luthor twist totally surprised me.
James becoming Guardian... I was hesitant when I first read about this development, but it in the context of this universe it makes sense.
Mon-el has turned into a very interesting and amusing character, though why don't the writers explain why he has the same family name as Supergirl?

Some fun stuff in the last episode.... an indirect reference to Batman, Nth Metal from Hawkman and KWAI CHANG CAIN!!!!  Love it! lol

Next week the big INVASION crossover begins!  Though I think the CW is misleading the audience, as my understanding only the last 5 minutes of Supergirl will connect to the overall story with Flash showing up to recruit her since the adventure will take place in the Earth-1 universe.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UA1HbmEeag[/video]

bionicbob said:
All the Arrowverse shows are hitting it out of the park so far this season, but by far for me, the most improved and best show of shows, is Supergirl!

You could not be MORE right Bob!  What was once my least favorite show has quickly become my new favorite at super speed!  

All of the shows have been great this season with MAJOR improvements from SG, Arrow and Legends.  The crossover episodes are just days away and I couldn't be more excited given the trailer that came out I believe yesterday.  Have a look and see what you think below.  It looks and feels like a movie and I won't lie when I say I'm already hoping there's enough material to fan edit this into a full on movie!

Agreed @"musiced921" -- EPIC TRAILER!!!  I actually posted it earlier in the Flash thread lol

But I am trying really hard not to get too excited or build up my expectations too high, as I keep thinking about the original LEGENDS concept trailer from Comic Con and the actual show we got.... lol   :p 

Plus, when you read the synopsis for the crossover eps, they all seem to focus more on the continuing show story lines than the actual Dominator plot.  I am certain it will still be an exciting fun adventure, but it may not be the show we are imagining or hoping for.... but I am constantly amazed what they can pull off on these shows with their limited TV budgets!

Hopefully this crossover is a huge ratings blockbuster for the CW and they will go bigger and bolder next season!  Could you imagine something like a two week, eight episode adaption of something like CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS?!?!??  :D

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE1sMWu-LEA&t=5s[/video]

As suspected, this episode really had no connection to the big FOUR night crossover.

But still a very fun episode.

But that better not be the resolution to the Cadmus/Lillian Luthor arc, as it wrapped up WAY TOO quickly.  J'onn's White Martian arc was also wrapped up way too soon, not to mention it happened OFF SCREEN?  Yeah, the last act felt very sloppy and rushed to me.

Also, I am assuming Cadmus modified the Kryptonian Medusa virus so it would not harm HUMANS???? lol   I mean, Humans are Aliens from the Kryptonian pov.... plot hole or deleted scene? lol

Supergirl posts have been merged in from the joint Supergirl Archie thread Mark Moore started.

addiesin said:
Supergirl posts have been merged in from the joint Supergirl Archie thread Mark Moore started.

Damn, I lost credit for starting the exclusive Supergirl one.  I have no place in the world anymore..... :(

musiced921 said:
addiesin said:

Damn, I lost credit for starting the exclusive Supergirl one.  I have no place in the world anymore..... :(

Don't be sad, you will always be SUPER to me.  :D lol

musiced921 said:
addiesin said:

Sorry buddy. 

Let it be known henceforth that "musiced921" started this individual Supergirl thread! 

bionicbob said:
Don't be sad, you will always be SUPER to me.  :D lol

addiesin said:
Sorry buddy. 

Let it be known henceforth that "musiced921" started this individual Supergirl thread! 

superman-smile-o.gif

Nice little video that showcases why Supergirl (and to an extent, the other DCCW shows, most of the time anyway) succeed where the DCEU movies have (according to popular culture) have failed so far.

Why does J'onn continue to take the form of Hank Henshaw after Henshaw is revealed to still be alive?

I've wondered that too @"addiesin" .  It probably has to do with the budget to make him take his true form.  I wish they could make a convincing looking mask he could wear when he takes his martian form, but even for TV I doubt they want to put on or sit through hours of makeup.

Seven episodes into S1, and though I'll check out the Flash crossover, I think I'm done for now. Yes, Benoist is great, Chyler Leigh is also very easy on the eyes, and Flockhart has her moments, but it all just feels a bit bland. Jimmy Olsen is even duller than Iris West ever was, Winn sucks, and the writing in general is pretty lame. The effects are solid, true, but while The Flash nicely balances the extraordinary yet mostly grounded superheroics with its soap opera elements in a way that feels human, if not quite realistic, Kara's god-like powers clash badly with the uninspired direction and wholly unconvincing, plastic-doll sheen of her show's character moments. Say what you will about early Smallville (the only Smallville I truck with), but it just about always felt cinematic, and gave the characters space to breathe. Benoist's winning performance aside, however, Supergirl often feels like a sitcom minus the jokes, with some (damn loudly mixed) action sequences thrown in. 

Kudos to the show for actually getting Superman onscreen in S2, however; I imagine I'll check that out someday.

Gaith said:
Seven episodes into S1, and though I'll check out the Flash crossover, I think I'm done for now. Yes, Benoist is great, Chyler Leigh is also very easy on the eyes, and Flockhart has her moments, but it all just feels a bit bland. Jimmy Olsen is even duller than Iris West ever was, Winn sucks, and the writing in general is pretty lame. The effects are solid, true, but while The Flash nicely balances the extraordinary yet mostly grounded superheroics with its soap opera elements in a way that feels human, if not quite realistic, Kara's god-like powers clash badly with the uninspired direction and wholly unconvincing, plastic-doll sheen of her show's character moments. Say what you will about early Smallville (the only Smallville I truck with), but it just about always felt cinematic, and gave the characters space to breathe. Benoist's winning performance aside, however, Supergirl often feels like a sitcom minus the jokes, with some (damn loudly mixed) action sequences thrown in. 

Kudos to the show for actually getting Superman onscreen in S2, however; I imagine I'll check that out someday.

Season 1 was really hard for me to sit through and I wanted to give up a couple of times, but I didn't think it would make it to season 2 so I held on.  The move to CW really saved this show tremendously to the point of being my current favorite of the Arrowverse shows this season.  Granted, it still has its eye rolling moments, but they all tend to (even Flash).  Season 2 found its footing and while the immediate changes that came with switching networks was a little jarring at first (Winn's new job, Jimmy's new job, Cat's departure, Lord being MIA, etc.), you'll be glad you stuck it out.  You probably could just watch the last 3 episodes of S1 (from The Flash crossover to the finale) and still pick up what is going on.

Agreed.
Season two is vastly superior to season one in almost every aspect.  @"Gaith" you may want to skip season one all together and just start over with the second season, as it really captures the magic of the Superman mythology better and corrects many of the issues you had with season one.

Interesting recent casting news...

Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo will be joining the show for a three episode arc, reportedly as villains.

Rumor says they will be playing Mon-el's parents.

According to Hollywood legend, Sorbo was originally cast as Superman or was in the final two - depending on who is telling the story lol --  for the tv series LOIS & CLARK but the part then went to Dean Cain.

For some unknown reason I have always enjoyed Sorbo's acting style, Andromeda continues to be one my favourite guilty pleasure shows. :p

And Teri Hatcher.  What can I say, except....

superman%20teri%20hatcher%20dean%20cain%20lex%20luthor%20lois%20lane%20clark%20kent%20lois%20and%20clark%20lois%20and%20clark%20the%20n_www.wallpapername.com_50.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom