• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi

Here is the new trailer to alleviate the confusion.

For those on the fence about spoilers:  I don't think they gave away too much.  There are three moments where they might have gone too far, but there's enough ambiguity about both their context and resolution, that they will still probably be very emotionally evocative once seen in context.  I don't feel this is like Terminator Geinisys giving away its big reveal.  It's more akin to the previous trailer's "the time has come for the Jedi to end".  It's big, it's bold, but we still don't know exactly what it means.  But if you'd rather go in completely fresh, without even the slightest idea of what's going to happen, I wouldn't blame you for skipping it.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a great trailer, and I'm more hyped for the movie than before - which was considerably so, mind you.

theryaney said:
TVs Frink said:
gazza said:
TVs Frink said:
gazza said:
EDIT i posted teaser not the full trailer. dont worry it shows nothing spoilery

You said "new teaser."  So which is it?
it is the second teaser trailer for last jedi

No it isn't.

What he means by new teaser is the first 10 seconds of the video, with new shots of Rey.

Alright...I'd hardly call a couple of brief shots of Rey a "new teaser trailer" but I've modified my MOD NOTE in his post.

Watched the 10 brief seconds. I hope this isn't the color grade. Also, it looks like they filmed this in digital?

*Edit*
Gave into the dark side and watched the new trailer........pretty sure this was filmed in 48 fps....sigh.....

DigModiFicaTion said:
Watched the 10 brief seconds. I hope this isn't the color grade. Also, it looks like they filmed this in digital?

*Edit*
Gave into the dark side and watched the new trailer........pretty sure this was filmed in 48 fps....sigh.....

What’s wrong with Digital? Sure Film is better, but if that’s the director’s choice, then I guess we have no choice but to roll with it. Though I can kinda see the problem with 48 fps (though it didn’t bother me either in The Hobbit)... but who cares? I freaking love the new trailer!!!

I agree with @"matrixgrindhouse" just enough to get me pumped and excited than ever before, but not giving away too much.

Wow, thank you for postin this @[font=Raleway, sans-serif][size=small][font=Raleway, sans-serif]ImperialFighter[/font][/font][/size]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]If the director of a movie does not want me to watch the trailer, I will not.[/font]
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Even if it's not "really" what he said and was just answering a question, I think I wanted an excuse to avoid watching it anyway![/font]

Masirimso17 said:
What’s wrong with Digital? Sure Film is better, but if that’s the director’s choice, then I guess we have no choice but to roll with it. Though I can kinda see the problem with 48 fps (though it didn’t bother me either in The Hobbit)... but who cares? I freaking love the new trailer!!!

I think you answered all of your questions with your own opinions.  :p

It's visually a drastic departure from all of the others. The feel is off, imho. We'll see in December. I'm glad you like it though. ;)

Yeah, the trailer is definitely Rogue One-ish in that it hints, rather broadcasts a ton. Viewer beware. I'm honestly kind of getting checked out of the Skywalker saga.

I do think the small 10 seconds preview teaser of Rey are worth watching to prepare the eye for the artsy look of this film. I don't think I saw dirt in any frame. Too crisp, too detailed, and too clean to be Star Wars for me.

Where do I buy tickets? :p

DigModiFicaTion said:
I think you answered all of your questions with your own opinions. :p  

It's visually a drastic departure from all of the others. The feel is off, imho. We'll see in December. I'm glad you like it though. ;)

Yeah, the trailer is definitely Rogue One-ish in that it hints, rather broadcasts a ton. Viewer beware. I'm honestly kind of getting checked out of the Skywalker saga.

I do think the small 10 seconds preview teaser of Rey are worth watching to prepare the eye for the artsy look of this film. I don't think I saw dirt in any frame. Too crisp, too detailed, and too clean to be Star Wars for me.

Where do I buy tickets? :p

I love how you’re cautiously optimistic. I can’t say the same thing about myself. So excited!

Personally I’m fine with the clean look. It never bothered me in the prequels, it doesn’t bother me here. The gritty look of the originals were due to the limitations of the times. I also like how J.J. imitated the style to achieve the same grittiness for the Force Awakens. Rian Johnson chose the clean look, and I’m fine with that.

Of course the gritty style defined itself as Star Wars so clean looking Star Wars is probably not for the veterans, but being someone who had watched both the prequels and the originals, both style is okay for Star Wars if you ask me.

Just to clarify, I don’t like the plastic look of the prequels.

Just to say the least, I'm overhyped to the roof for this. Didn't want to watch it but it seems I don't have the self control. It is phenomenal.

Now, this is a breakdown video which explores the details and shines light on a very important detail:
Misdirection.

I was getting the "Rey's gonna turn to the dark side" vibe, but I agree with this guy on the fact that this whole trailer is misdirecting us. 

The fact that Rian suggests not watching could also imply that this is not the real thing, and I am expecting that he would be very careful with the marketing for this movie.

That spoiler is a little friendly with the people that didn't watch the trailer, but this is a spoiler for the trailer so you have been warned.

About Ren targeting Leia, I am pretty sure he won't do it, or at least it will only injure Leia but not kill her and this should play in his redemption.

All in all, just watch the trailer! :p

8Fb3naFl.jpg

in the 1990 all the kids wanted pogs in dec 2017 meet the next craze the kids will want the PORG

0v8uvv5sldfz.jpg

i think disney is trying to make the porg to be like the next baby groot but all i see when i see them are tribbles(i mean what if they were put on the island because all they do is eat and breed)or a furby

"Sometimes a porg looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a porg is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til he bites ya… and then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’."

TMBTM said:
"Sometimes a porg looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a porg is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til he bites ya… and then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’."
heres-a-large-and-ridiculous-collection-of-porg-humor-that-has-flooded-the-internet27.jpg

TMBTM said:

heres-a-large-and-ridiculous-collection-of-porg-humor-that-has-flooded-the-internet27.jpg

I hate Porgs already and I haven't even seen the movies yet. It feels like the marketing team are trying to push them more than the actual movie.

Back
Top Bottom