• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Rise of the Empire

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
killbillme said:
lewis886, I...

I think KBM should finish this sentence.

Apologies to lewis886, you seem like a really great guy and a cornerstone in the FE community, but this was the first fanedit I downloaded and didn't like. Well, actually, perhaps that's not said right. Let me rephrase: This was the first fanedit I've seen that I simply couldn't watch. Starting it up, I wondered why it was letterboxed. Then I was wondering, why is it so grainy? And then... the scene with the droid destroyers looked so bad, I just... :? I couldn't watch it anymore. I know that isn't a very fair review, as I haven't seen the whole thing but... Life is too short for poor quality encodes. Maybe I will give this one another chance, but looking at the backlog of FE's I have it will be many rainy days before I come to it.

If anyone is on the fence about downloading these 8 gigs, my voice is in the corner for Don't.

ab5tract said:
killbillme said:
lewis886, I...

I think KBM should finish this sentence.

Apologies to lewis886, you seem like a really great guy and a cornerstone in the FE community, but this was the first fanedit I downloaded and didn't like. Well, actually, perhaps that's not said right. Let me rephrase: This was the first fanedit I've seen that I simply couldn't watch. Starting it up, I wondered why it was letterboxed. Then I was wondering, why is it so grainy? And then... the scene with the droid destroyers looked so bad, I just... :? I couldn't watch it anymore. I know that isn't a very fair review, as I haven't seen the whole thing but... Life is too short for poor quality encodes. Maybe I will give this one another chance, but looking at the backlog of FE's I have it will be many rainy days before I come to it.

If anyone is on the fence about downloading these 8 gigs, my voice is in the corner for Don't.

's ok, ab5tract, don't apologize... i understand all your problems with it... and they are mine too haha... i started that fanedit about 6 or 8 months before i found this place.... and i really didn't know what i was doing in terms of ripping and such... just jumped in and started doing it... and only later did i find this community and all the tutorials and such... by the time i did find this place i just didn't want to go back and redo everything... so pressed ahead. in terms of the weird artifacting that happened towards the beginning of the film (especially noticable in the scene you mentioned), i am not quite sure where it came from... i think it was a problem with the divx codec that cropped up in on of their stupid updates... i have early renders that didn't have that artifacting in them.... then one day, i updated to a new version of the divx codec, and suddenly NONE of the files were recognized by Vegas any longer... lol i just about cried... fortunately throw showed me a trick that let vegas recognize the files again... but now they had that weird artifacting in them no matter what i did.... sucked....

so yeah, don't feel sorry.. it has it's problems, i know... i'm just so into my filmmaking right now that i haven't had time to work on ANY fanedits (much less go back and fix one this huge). sorry for your trouble, my friend. you might enjoy my Wing Commander edit more (though it was letterboxed as well... the original dvd was letterboxed). i had some experience under my belt by that time, and it turned out much better. maybe someday i'll get around to finishing up my riddick edit. we'll see.

Hey Lewis886.

Thanks for replying and letting me know there are no hard feelings. Good luck on the filmmaking. I'll try your WC edit someday, I'm sure.

Pretty cool. Now it's almost watchable. :D

[spoiler:1e3uvbcv]- Wow, the lack of Dooku is actually an improvement. :)
- The Jar Jar voice removing works ok. Some of the subtitled lines are a little silly though.
- Even less pod racing wouldn't hurt. :D
- The final Gungan scene. Honestly, the whole thing is embarassing and could be removed.
- The part where Amidala and her soldiers climb the wall is still in. What is this, "1966 Batman"?
- Maybe a little more of Jango Fett. Actually seeing him try to assasinate the Queen would be nice. Maybe combining the blowing of the ship in the beginning of Ep2 with shot of Jango flying away or something. I'm not an editor, but I think it could have been done.
- The Diner scene. The robots in the archive could just tell Kenobi what he needs to know without going to something as stupid as a space diner.
- No editing can save this movie from the horrable acting by Darth Vader, but this trimmes away some of the embarassing and badly acted love scenes and I'm thankfull for that.
- Some of the Griveous chase scene could have been trimmed.
- You cut a bit too much from episode 2, but didn't cut enough from 1 and 3.
- The deleted scenes are pretty good too. I really enjoyed seeing those[/spoiler:1e3uvbcv]

Thats just my opinion, so try not to hate me. Oh and and gave you a 4, since all and all its a very good edit. Great job. I'd rather watch these than the original movies. ;)

relentless... thanks... i'm glad you enjoyed it.

yeah... i really just never felt that the character of Dooku had any real purpose at all, which is sad because christopher lee is such a great actor. it's like he's nothing but an appendage of the emperor... and doesn't actually have a personality of his own... a waste of great talent imho. so, i just completely took him out. i felt grievous was fairly pointless too, and initially i tried to take him out, but it didn't work... so i had to leave him in.

on the gungan subtitles... yeah, i was never happy with the sound of them... nor that i wasn't editing in 5.1 and so didn't have effects to leave behind them... but, to me, just about anything would be less annoying and idiotic than the original gungan voices... and i'm rather surprised you thought the subtitles were silly... as i thought they greatly improved jar jar's character and his part in the story.. but that's ok... i don't mind...

lol and yeah... so much of the podrace was painful... i agree haha but i culled it down from 30 minutes to 5... so it worked. i kept what i felt was the bare minimum i could have and still have it be somewhat coherent.

glad you liked some of the stuff i cut for anakin, young and old.

we'll just have to agree to disagree on EP2 and the diner scene. i thought ep2 was terrible, and i felt like i kept only was what somewhat usable, and pertinent to the story. and i really liked dex, and thought he was just about the only person in the trilogy with any real personality. i'd watch a whole movie just about him. haha

I'm pretty new here, just wanted to give some feedback, sorry if it sounds a little harsh here and there. I just realised it's not possible to make an edit that is perfect for everyone, someone would always dissagree about this or that. Still, as I said, I loved watching it.

About the subs, they work 100 times better than the "Mesa take us with a bongo to planet core". There were one or two lines that just sounded a little off. "My father has a boat" and "I hope my father hid with his grand army" as far as I remember. I don't recall the exact words, but these two kind of came out of nowhere. Anyhow it could be just me, trying to get used to the subtitled gungans and the minor plot changes. :wat:

Dex is cool, I don't mind the character I just disliked the american diner setting. It allways felt out of place for me, I mean, when did "a long, long time ago" turn into the 1960's? I guess it was another dissapointment from Lucas. :)

Going totally offtopic, I hate Haden or whatever his name is. He acts SO FREAKING BAD I WANT TO..AAAAAAARGGGH! Soz, every time I watch the prequels I want to murder that guy and Lucas. :-(

But your edit really eased the pain. :wink:

haha.... no, don't worry... i didn't think your review sounded harsh at all.... :) you were just giving your opinions and that's perfectly fine :) feel free to rip it up all you want, that's what reviews are for ;) lol was just trying to explain why i did some of the things i did.

yeah, why they decided to make dex's place a 50's style diner, i don't know.... maybe a reference to american graffiti or something... no clue.... and i agree, he easily could have had Dex in some other setting that would have made way more sense... but i guess i just didn't find it nearly as offensive in there as most people did... and i just really really liked dex's character so much that i wouldn't have considered taking out his scene... as i said, to me, he's the only character with any real personality in the whole trilogy.... he felt like he could have come straight out of the original trilogy to me... i'd love to see a movie or a series just about his adventures... you just feel like this guy had a lot of adventures in his day...

anyway lol yeah, i can see how the 50's diner wouldn't work for you... sorry you didn't like that i left it in here...

lol yeah... i don't necessarily hate haydn... i think he could have been halfway decent under a halfway decent director... even ewan mcgregor, liam neeson, and frank oz gave very subpar performances.... and if good established actors like them can't give a good performance under lucas, what chance does haydn have? that's my opinion anyway.... but i do totally agree that his performance, as is, pretty much sucked balls.... lol no arguments there.... especially in EP2... was just painful. and i thought EP2 was just terrible overall.... as bad as ep1, but with an even worse script... that's why i cut so much of it out... i thought he was a little better in EP3... but not a whole lot...

and i'm glad my edit eased the pain somewhat ;)

random question... did anyone ever watch this edit more than once?

just curiosity...

Does anyone have a working copy of this? The current archive has missing/corrupt files on disc one. Thanks.

Damn, another one? I'm pretty sure I've got it somewhere.

If it helps, here are the specific errors when decompressing the file.

! C:\Downloads\various\sw-riseoftheempire.part004.rar: Packed data CRC failed in SW-RiseoftheEmpire\DiscOne\VIDEO_TS\VTS_05_1.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! C:\Downloads\various\sw-riseoftheempire.part011.rar: CRC failed in SW-RiseoftheEmpire\DiscOne\VIDEO_TS\VTS_05_1.VOB. The file is corrupt
! C:\Downloads\various\sw-riseoftheempire.part072.rar: Packed data CRC failed in SW-RiseoftheEmpire\DiscTwo\VIDEO_TS\VTS_05_4.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! C:\Downloads\various\sw-riseoftheempire.part081.rar: CRC failed in SW-RiseoftheEmpire\DiscTwo\VIDEO_TS\VTS_05_4.VOB. The file is corrupt

Hmmm...if it's a corrupt download, I don't know that I can help. The files worked for me, so you might try redownloading the corrupt parts. Also, what are you using to decompress?

Its ok. Originally I decompressed with winrar. But just went back with 7zip, it extracted and dvd shrink is creating the image now. Thanks for the replies! :)

Well, I got this error in DVD Shrink: "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Out of memory. Not enough storage available to process this command." I have 8 gigs of memory and 2 tb of storage on HD so I know that's not the case. Googling that error it points more to the file itself.
No probs shrinking disk 2 or shrinking other files I got from FE.info. Just that disc one.
Think dl'ing with cryptloader vs jdownloader makes a diff? Going to DL it again with jDownloader, hopefully will make a difference.

Was able to create the iso with Clone DVD, got no errors, will post if it works.

Why are you using DVD shrink?

^^ I'm wondering the same thing. Also, why are you making a .Iso file? VOB files are DVD compliant, just burn those on a blank DVD with something like Imgburn or Nero! :|

Well see, I did not know that. Not everyone knows these things. And another reason I was making ISO cause i mount those and watch in a player. If there is a better way I your humble student.

I'm pretty sure you can just use VLC Player to watch the vob files. If you want to burn to disc, use Imgburn to burn the vob files as Stank said.

Back
Top Bottom