• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Rise of the Empire

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well.... after a year and a half i've finally finished this silly edit... and learned a LOT along the way. so here's where you get to voice your opinions on my work.... hate it? let me know.... love it? let me know.... think it's just ok? let me know lol

anyway, rate how well you think i've focused the story, gotten rid of the more annoying parts, and overall improved this trilogy :) if you don't think i improved it at all.. give it a 1.... if you loved it... give 5.... or anything in between :)

either way i think you'll agree it's definitely a different experience than the originals. took me a couple of times watching it thru to really get used to the different way things happen... now i really enjoy it.

anyone? anything?

anyone watch any of it? look at the menus? anything? lol

yeah, i know... takes a while to download an 8 GB file, and
then watch something 4 hours long.... but that doesn't
mean i'm not impatient anyway ;) lol

I watched about 45 minutes of it this morning while I was folding laundry :) I took lots of notes so far. You will get a detailed report when i finish it ;)

wooohoooooo lol
you're more than halfway thru the EP1 section ;)

It?s down and ready to watch, just have to find the time to pencil it in for an afternoon viewing. It isn?t going to be this week due to work, but I hope to maybe catch a glimpse at the weekend.

anybody watch any of it yet? anything? lol

or are you all just keeping quiet to be nice to some idiot who wasted a year and a half working on some crappy edit? lol ;)

i think D1 is almost downloaded for me and i'll be watching this in 2 parts :)

it's taking longer than usual for me tho - don't know why...

yeah... i'm thinking most people are still downloading it.... the first full torrent hasn't finished yet.... so we'll see once that finishes in the next day or two.

WOOOHOOO a vote :)
thanks to whomever that was :smile:

woohoo indeed, a 5!!! I am looking forward to watching the rest of this today lewis ;)

yeah :) i was pretty happy about a "5" too ;)
glad you'll get a chance to see the rest of it, throw ;)

Finished it this morning. Great job on this edit. I gave you a 4 out of 5. It was a nice edit that trimmed the prequels down into 1 flick. The video quality, and a few minor things kept this from a 5.

video quality: ~4
I did notice some obvious pixelation in the beginning of the film, but the video quality seemed to improve throughout the film. It was not distracting to the story.

audio quality: ~4
seemed like most of your cuts were really good. Some of the gungan effects were a bit distracting for me. perhaps an attempt to edit this in 5.1 would have worked a bit better.

storytelling: ~4
Great job. I liked this one better than "Fall of the Republic" You cut a lot of unnecessary stuff out. I woule have like to seen a bit more hacking away, especially the remaining "yippees" but all in all good cuts

that makes it an all around 4. Maybe when you are old and grey and running out of films to edit, you can take a re-edit attempt at this, but if not, I will be satisfied :) Some things to consider if you ever do: widescreen (but you already know this), work in 5.1 maybe to try to fix the noticeable gungan parts. Get rid of yippees if possible.

Thats, my quick review. Again, great edit lewis!!! :)

thanks for the review throw :) i'm glad you liked it

Whoa! I thought you were still working on it.

4 out of 4

I have to agree with the commenter above about the yippees.

I would say that the strongest edit is the Episode 3 materials. The only thing that doesn't make sense with your edit though is that prior to being put on the Jedi Council Anakin has never really proved himself at anything. I actually think that the Chancellor rescue does serve as an important plot device. I suppose it that it is that much more outrageous the Palpatine appoints Anakin in your version, but then there's no real reason to believe Palpatine should have that much faith in him. The more I think about it, the more there are problems with getting rid of the Dooku story line.

thanks for the review, johnny :) i'm glad you enjoyed it overall :)

i agree, there are some things that were lost by cutting dooku... but for me it was more of an advantage to get rid of him, than a disadvantage....

as far as anakin "proving" himself.... i don't think that's really necessary for palpatine.... or the council.... anakin has been proving himself for the past 10 years, first as excelling as ob1's apprentice, and then even more in the 3 years of the clone wars leading up to EP3. and palapatine has been grooming him for this for the past 13 years... mentoring him, preparing him for this moment.... i don't think palpatine needs to have "faith" in him.... to me palpatine is the puppet master, pulling the strings, and anakin is just his puppet that he's been preparing for a long long time... he knows full well what anakin will do... he's made sure of it....

that's my view of it anyway.... yeah, it's not a perfect edit... but i enjoy them more than the originals :)

oh, and johnny, did you mean that the editing most improved episode 3? or that the episode 3 section was just naturally the best?? (not surprising since that movie was the best) if you mean the first, then i'm surprised, i would have thought that most people would view EP1 and EP2 as the most improved since they started out sucking so bad. either way, i'm glad you liked it :)

thanks again for the review. .... sorry about the remaining yippeeess .... believe it or not i did take most of them out...

Back
Top Bottom