• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Rise of the Empire

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
i agree with you on the dooku treatment. and yeah, dont take the yippee's personal ;) if there were a way to completely remove Jake Lloyd, I am sure we all would do it!! :lol:

agree with who, throw? me or johnny?

and yes, if i ever re-do this version... it will definitely
be in 5.1 so i can have more control over the audio...

:lol: :lol: :lol: rock on!! lol that was hilarious ;)

well lewis, i dont think you check the OT boards, so I thought I would pass this review on. It was posted by "Doc1980":

Doc1980 said:
"OK, so I just got done watching Rise of the Empire and I found it very enjoyable. Aside from the obvious little audio/video hiccups I thought the whole thing was executed rather nicely. I was happy to see Jar Jar not cut completely out, because as much hate as there is for him he is still a part of the story. I was a little iffy on cutting out Dooku, but I understand why and thought it was handled pretty well.

I really liked the inclusion of the deleted scenes. It made the whole thing feel a little more original and added to the overall feel of the thing. I also like saving the Death Star for the very end, that would have been a sweet little surprise at the end of it all in the theatres. I have to say I was puzzled as to why the Sidious/Mace fight was cut out, but oh well. I also thought there were some scenes that built up the Anakin/Padme relationship that were cut out when they didn't need to be. It felt like they just sort of got together out of no where and the whole thing was a little forced. Would have like to see Boba too.

Like I said though, really cool way to watch the three movies and definitely something I'll be watching again. "

Any chance of that Divx version in the near future?

Finished watching this yesterday. Saw it in 2 sittings.

SPOILERS

Ok, first: bravo on a well told story about Anakin as a troubled young man. This should be the central part of the films, and it really is in your edit.
But with focus on Anakin I agree that more of his relationship with Padm? could have been left in.

The last movie was treated greatly. Sure it had some of the best moments of the series, but you handled them excellently. Maybe some bad acting near the end from Padm?/Obi-Wan could have been cut...but then it's hard to tell the story.

The second movie. Well done, removing all the nonsense with their capture and whatnot, and move straight to Jedis fighting the droids. I was worried about how you'd solve it, and this actually works. Feels a little forced perhaps, but knowing what we don't have to see, I'm happy. There was one noticeable audio problem during that fight, someone starts to say something that is completely off.

First movie. Hard to say, but I was really disappointed. Most of the things that I feel are the problems of this movie are left in. And the gungan voices possible annoy me more than the original ones.

Another problem with this movie is that it doesn't feel in sync with the other two. That makes your movie as a whole feel rather odd.

When I reached the duel of the fates and the kid and the others are left in just as they were, I was really turned off. And I actually turned off, as I felt that our views on what needed fixing clearly differed a lot.
I returned much later to watch the rest and am glad I did.

Audio: 4
There was much creative editing of sound in this one! I liked your work with it a lot. There were a few spots that missed out, so not perfect.

Video: 4
Nice transitions, keeping with the series way of doing them. There was one frame off near the beginning, and pixels in the start (thats ok), and one frame problem on Obi-Wan just before he battles Vader.

Story: Hard one to judge. The telling of it is mostly done very well. I remember some objections...
The actual work: 4
The first movie :x

Final grade: I really liked the second disc, but I had too many objections on the first one, for my personal taste. I give it a 3 on account of this, I feel it comes in about on par with the original movies, slightly better.

Oh, and really nice menus. I mean, those are great!

thanks, spelledaren, for the review :) was surprised to see your review pop up... has been a while since i released this one ;)

sorry you didn't like the first one very much, but i'm glad you returned to it and enjoyed the last part.

i was never happy with the gungan voices either :( wanted them to just sound all garbled, like they were normal star wars aliens, but didn't really succeed with that... oh well.... they definitely don't annoy me more than the original ones though... then again i'm not sure anything.... ANYTHING ... could annoy me more than the original gungan voices haha. what did you think of the subtitles... and the story liberties that i took in rewriting the dialogue? just curious....

i'm surprised you said that anakin and the others were "left in just as they were".... since i took out quite a bit of stuff in that section of the movie... yes, they are still in there... but definitely trimmed down a lot... watch them side by side and you will see that most of anakin's lines are gone in the attack on the droid control ship, a lot of the dumber things are gone from the gungan battle..... etc... still sorry you didn't like it :(

thanks, i'm glad that you liked the episode 3 section... i'm glad you weren't upset at the very large thing that i took out... as many people have been lol

and thanks for the kudos on the menus :) they were fun to do.

Heyhey, you can't please everyone all the time, right?

I'm a little surprised you answered right away like that!

Yeah, there were things cut from the other battles during the duel of the fates, but not enough :eek:

But I think you got that I was mostly positive :)

I think you did what you felt had to be done with the gungans and dialogue, and it works. I might have been hard on the voices, but they grated me for some reason. Surely better than to remove them completely!

yeah... it was a good review... thank you :)

yes, i saw it was mostly positive. and i'm very glad you
liked it.

i answered so fast because i happened to be on here right
when you wrote it :)

and for the battles... trust me, besides the duel of the fates... i really tried to trim that battle down as much as i could while still keeping the basic story intelligible.... well... as much as i thought i could anyway :( maybe i just wasn't creative enough with those parts... dunno.... oh well....

still glad you came back to it :) glad you liked the rest.

though after giving me 4's on almost everything... i was surprised you lowered it to a 3 for the final.... i cried myself to sleep last night because of that haha :lol:

its ok lewis. sometimes it nice to fall asleep in a pool of your own sorrow ;) :lol:

lol thanks throw.... glad i can count on you for sympathy ;) hehe

Hehe.

The last two movies got the fours ;)

Was a daunting project you took on. Hard to make the first movie really feel like a part of your one movie, it feels like a seperate story.

Pretty good edit overall. There are some video issues in the first part that are a bit distracting with noticeable de-interlacing issues and obvious video compression. Likewise, I didn't like the voice modulation of Jar-Jar. I realize you had to cut a lot to condense the story but there's a few plot holes that require you to stretch your imagination and make to many assumptions. This is one step from a 5 star if you ever have time to clean it up and I still really enjoyed it! Nice work- I gave it a 4.

thanks juk, glad you enjoyed it :) thanks for the review.

by Lewis886
What is it about? This combines all the Star Wars prequels to one epic watching experience, heavily trimmed to a complete and more serious movie. Many of the more painful aspects to the trilogy were removed. The fanedit focusses on the story back on palpatine's orchestration of events.

original film name:

1. Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace
2. Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones
3. Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith

new film name : Star Wars: Rise of the Empire
film studio name : Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox
edit crew name : lewis886
Date Original Film Was Released : 1999, 2002, 2005
Date Edit Was Released : 10/29/07
Original Runtime : apprx 7 hours
New Runtime : apprx 4 hrs
Amount of time Cut/Added : apprx 3 hours

Cuts removed/added/extended :

* there are around 300 cuts in this edit, and it's impossible to list them all, but i'll do my best to list the biggest changes.

* -New Title & opening scroll
* -gungan speech has been altered & subtitles added
* -we briefly see the gungan city, but the rest of their visit is cut, as is the planet core
* -last bit of waterfall deleted scene is inserted, only part showing them entering palace
* -R2D2 and C3P0 show up in a couple places, but are not referenced and almost never speak.
* -many many dialogue cuts, including most of jar jar's & anakin's lines in EP1.
* -no virgin birth
* -all sequences with other kids on tatooine are gone.
* -all references to midichlorians are gone
* -almost all of the lead-up to the podrace stuff is gone
* -entire podrace sequence is about 5 min long
* -anakin does not build C3P0
* -the deleted sequence with the probe droid is inserted
* -almost all references to chosen one and prophecy are gone. The only 2 left in trilogy are when qui-gonn dies, and when ob1 screams it at anakin at the end of the last fight. I wanted to make it as if it was something qui-gonn said to ob1 right as he died, and ob1 kept it to himself all those years, and then it finally burst out of him at the end.
* -no discussions about whether anakin should be trained or not.
* -no visit to the gungan hideout, no begging for help... as far as we know there are no problems between gungans and that naboo.
* -removed much of jar jar/gungan & anakin lines from final battle.
* -removed ending celebration scene for EP1
* -removed all of opening landing/explosion scene
* -added amidala addressing senate deleted scene
* -removed last half of scene in palpatine's office
* -removed all of meeting amidala scene in apartment
* -removed all of night apt scene, assassination attempt, and subsequent chase
* -removed most of council meeting following assass. Attempt
* -removed scene with yoda, ob1, & mace walking/talking in jedi temple
* -added jedi temple droid analyzer scene
* -removed scene with anakin & padme packing to leave, and departure scene
* -added hangar scene with mace where ob1 leaves for kamino
* -removed talk aboard freighter
* -removed arrival scene on naboo, created montage to show arrival on naboo
* -removed anakin padme meeting with queen
* -removed sand talk and arrival at lake house
* -removed picnic scene
* -jango fett now is never heard to speak, and never is seen without helmet, he is just there and does what he does.
* -boba fett is completely removed
* -removed dinner floating fruit scene at lake house & fireside chat afterwards
* -removed count dooku from the entire trilogy, and all references to him
* -removed workshop scene at skywalker farm, inserted some lines into yoda meditation scene
* -removed droid factory scene
* -removed execution scene
* -removed entire EP3 opening battle sequence, fights, landing, etc. (yeah, i'm going to get yelled at for this, it looked cool... but really it served no story purpose, was just a way to get a big battle in somehow)
* -removed scene after landing with politicians greeting them
* -trimmed most of grievous' lines (that voice actor was atrocious and his script was worse)
* -removed balcony scene before dream (padme looked kinda creepy in that one for some reason)
* -added all of three seeds of the rebellion scenes
* -added the scene of mace, ob1, & yoda discussing in meditation chamber (trimmed for redundancy)
* -removed almost all of palpatine fighting the jedi who come to arrest them. He jumps up to face them and then it cuts so you don't see the pathetic way the other jedi die. The rest of the sequence follows from anakin's point of view, so the next time you see mace/palpatine is when anakin runs in and palpatine is laying down in window with mace over him.
* -removed scene of george lucas' son putting up a better fight than all the jedi masters combined
* -removed scene of yoda & ob1 fighting their way into the jedi temple (yes it was cool, but i wanted to make it so the first time you really see yoda or palpatine fight is when they fight each other)
* -yoda doesn't get blasted by a lighting bolt from palpatine that he should have seen coming a mile away
* -anakin & ob1 don't stop to chat right before the end of the fight. Ob1 jumps up and anakin jumps up right after him.
* -removed NOOOO in birth of vader scene, and conversation about padme
* -removed netherworld talk between yoda & ob1
* -added yoda arriving on dagobah

* All in all the edit runs about 4 hours, including all 3 sets of credits that run at the end. That makes for about 3 hours that i cut from the trilogy. (more than 1 entire film)
* Here is the breakdown for the episodes...

1. EP1 1 hr, 18 min (2 clips from deleted scenes added)
2. EP2 52 min (3 deleted scenes added)
3. EP3 1 hr 48 min (5 deleted scenes added)

* The edit is spread across 2 discs.... EP1 & 2 run back to back on the first disc, and EP3 & the credits is on the 2nd disc. There are scene selection menus and the trailer on each disc.

* As i said, there are far too many cuts to list them all, roughly 300. so there are many many dialogue cuts that i didn't list.... and when i said something like dooku is gone i did not bother to list all the subsequent scenes that were removed because of that.

Fanedit details: Letterboxed - NON-anamorphic format (sorry)

Your intention for this fanedit:

* to remove many of the more painful aspects to the trilogy and focus the story back on palpatine's orchestration of events.

Your way to achieve your intention:

* removing useless dialogue, scenes, characters, and subplots... and trying to get rid of most of the things that really annoyed me.

Hardware and software information : Vegas, DVD architect

Additional Comment:

* i started this edit way before i even knew about fanedits, and i learned a LOT in the meantime.
* unfortunately this means i had to do many things over, and even now it's not perfect. there is some weird artifact-ing
* going on, and it's not anamorphic widescreen... but i'm just tired of working on it... lol i hope you guys will
* like what i've done with the story and the characters.

Time needed for the edition:

* Total real time about 1-1/2 years, actual time- don't know. i edited on and off, but it was a lot.

persons involved: lewis886..... and throwgncpr did the cover art (which is included in the file)

http://fanedit.org/327/

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Sounds interesting, and i would like to see it play out. It would of been cool to have some flashes of ep3 space battle pop up now and again rather than completely removed, (not showing obiwan or anakin though) It could have popped up throughout the movie as if war was raging above coruscant throughout.

Back
Top Bottom