• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS REVISITED by Adywan

I have the DVD9. I don't have that problem. Did you get it from him his page, or elsewhere?

Have you tried a different player? If you have an old or incorrect version of VLC that can cause things to be glitchy.

The Scribbling Man said:
I have the DVD9. I don't have that problem. Did you get it from him his page, or elsewhere?

Have you tried a different player? If you have an old or incorrect version of VLC that can cause things to be glitchy.

His page yes. Player irrelevant as it still plays and the glitches happens in a flash. Vid editor simply shows the frame is damage. I do have the original so thinking of taking the frames from the original and replace the bad frames. I am sure the slight colour differences won't be noticeable.

I'm pretty sure the player is going to be very relevant in this situation. We're saying that the damage isn't in the original file, so its either not the original file (as in it's been recompressed in a different format) or it's whatever program you're using to watch it.

doubleofive said:
I'm pretty sure the player is going to be very relevant in this situation. We're saying that the damage isn't in the original file, so its either not the original file (as in it's been recompressed in a different format) or it's whatever program you're using to watch it.

Well I am dl it again and will see how that goes.

What program are you using to watch it? Are you mounting the ISO? Did you convert it to another file format?

doubleofive said:
What program are you using to watch it? Are you mounting the ISO? Did you convert it to another file format?

Kmplayer and original files are .vob. The bad frames are in the vob files. Converting from vob to any other format is pointless. Dl will be done in 40 minutes and I will see if there is any improvement and report back. If you have the files can you posted the vob details such as dates etc so I can cross-check.

cheers.

Have you tried using a different player though? 

If you haven't, try VLC.

The Scribbling Man said:
Have you tried using a different player though? 

If you haven't, try VLC.

Of course. Doesn't change the fact that the source file has damage frames.

This is probably the most watched fanedit in history after The Phantom Edit, you'll have to excuse everyone for being skeptical about something that has never been reported before.

Ok. Same old same. ISO filesize 7.78gb

file VTS_51_1.VOB to VTS_51_6.VOB
last modified 12/5/2008 11:29

TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
This is probably the most watched fanedit in history after The Phantom Edit, you'll have to excuse everyone for being skeptical about something that has never been reported before.

I do understand and do like this fanedit colouring better than mine. It isn't my fault if my eyes caught the bad frames flickering on my TV. Maybe nobody notice it. Perhaps everyone else dl a different version from me.

There are 5 versions available - DVD5's and DVD9's of both NTSC and PAL versions + the purist version. 

I have the same version as you, so if you share some specific time codes of where the problem pops up then I can check to see if I experience it too. If I don't, you know for certain that the problem is on your end. 

You can also try downloading a different version and seeing if the problem persists.

Do people watch VOB files on a player on their TV? I usually mount the ISO and watch from there like it's a disc or watch the disc I have or watch the .mp4 I made.

It makes sense to burn an ISO to disc for playback on a DVD/Blu Ray player. 

Until recently I've been watching edits on my computer, so I just right click on the ISO and click play with VLC player.

Ok i think i have solved it. I load virtualdub to check frame by frame and it produced a different picture. I then played directly from iso as suggested by double0five and kmplayer reported no problems. It seems that all this hullabaloo is avidemux bug. I will report it in their forum.

Below exact same frame pictures.

pic from avidemux

u55pgENl.jpg

pic from virtualdub

TBrTGLFl.jpg

pic from avidemux

3u7GGltl.jpg

pic from virtualdub

higFdRkl.jpg

Why does this have lines?

And thanks to all of you for your inputs.

there are all sorts of problems going on in the virtualdub frames too. your problem may have been, but it was replaced by another one. that's not how Revisited is supposed to look. you could try downloading the DVD5 of your region?

It's all ok now. I simply deinterlace the vob files again. Now I have hevc video that's clear and zero bad frames.

TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
This is probably the most watched fanedit in history after The Ridiculous Menace...

Meesa fix.

EDIT: Just tidying up a little here, as it looks like I double-posted.

( the 2 vids I originally posted here can be seen in my next post on page 43 )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom