• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS REVISITED by Adywan

I thought it was time for a little update here for anyone who may have missed some of Adywan's ongoing efforts.

Here's a few snippets which give an idea of the way the STAR WARS REVISITED HD re-grading turned out. (Note - these first couple of examples below do not show all the final enhancements yet, but suggest you click on the 'full screen' icons on the vids for maximum impact)

This clip is Adywan's first comparison to the blu-ray that he previewed back in November 2017 -

...and this one was previewed in July 2018 -

...and this one was previewed in December 2018 -

Exceptional work as usual.

Last edited:
As far as progress on RETURN OF THE JEDI REVISITED goes, Adywan put out a casting call for some 'B-Wing pilots' for his enhanced Endor space battle plans back in June of last year, and constructed a full-size cockpit set and costumes for filming his additional 'Blue Squadron' moments!

And then in March 2019, this short preview was released to give an idea of how things turned out. (Note - the clips are randomly sequenced without their dialogue and sound effects, and not how they will appear in the finished version. It was all filmed in 4k to give Adywan the option of cropping to whatever frame size he decides on for any given shot, and the final one seen here is an example of a 4k to HD crop. Also, it's just a quickly graded example, and there's more work to do on the final look yet) -

In addition, there were 6 individual helmets crafted for the shoot (with their own particular differences) , so it's likely there's another 3 as-yet-unseen pilots eventually.

The large B-Wing cockpits weren't really seen in the movie, and the wide look of Adywan's version was based on the dimensions of the ILM filming miniature -

https://www.facebook.com/swrevisited/photos/p.2572969812718585/2572969812718585/?type=3&theater

Here's some original concept art of the B-Wings -

And here's another bit of B-Wing artwork that I happen to like too -

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140530212231/starwars/images/3/30/Blade_Squadron.png

Whatever we get, it will certainly be neat to see a little more B-Wing action, and I'm hopeful we get an extra 'vertical' mode shot or two along the way, as I always loved this configuration -

http://i1.wp.com/moviekits.net/wp-c...-gallery-1/Star-Wars-B-WING-Final-Model-3.jpg

(At the end of the day, I think it's safe to say that I'd have preferred this kind of thing added to the 'special edition', rather than the likes of 'Jedi Rocks'... ) :)

And then in April 2019, this first clip from ROTJ:R showing Oola's demise in Jabba's lair was previewed, which features some FX work and editing tweaks already. (Note - there is still more FX work such as creature eye-blinks to be done amongst other things, as well as some further re-grading. It also only features rough temporary sound for now, and the jokey, 'cartoonish' wails from the tortured Gonk droid will be replaced eventually too) -

And then earlier this month, this re-graded clip was previewed, which brings us up to date somewhat. (Note - again, this is mainly a re-grading example, with no FX or editing tweaks yet) -

Great stuff once again!

Last edited:
A few new preview shots from the ongoing STAR WARS REVISITED HD re-do -

71350244_2903018053047091_399542837403713536_o.jpg

70654518_2903018023047094_8548487427449159680_o.jpg

70528933_2903018126380417_8732655728180854784_o.jpg

71221893_2903018169713746_4493321027601825792_o.jpg

70523549_2903018216380408_5608307650178580480_o.jpg

71082862_2903018289713734_5516781416064483328_o.jpg

70903092_2903018283047068_2461089803333009408_o.jpg

Beautiful work once again.

(EDIT: trust me they were, but unfortunately are no longer available it seems)

Last edited:
A few more tidbits to add here -

Back in April 2020, this ANH REVISITED:HD sample reel clip was shown, at a point where it was still planned to be a 720p HD release (hit the 'Full screen' icon on the vid for a better look) -

Then in December 2020, Adywan announced that he wanted to do his whole Original Trilogy REVISITED in 1080p HD quality instead, which was yet another great development in the project.

Here' s what was done originally to smooth the continuity issues of Ponda Baba's 'flippers'/'furry' arm -

AM-JKLV-LvtmzIwbBNPM53qlsqSxBGEsGZ_oZK7TA7Mc_GD3HLo6fMtbQvs2S0VUGwAdTMTV6D6lGfRgpzcZTRFr6pldLrJ2g9d0KUHr2TJv62NSdSi77EzUGJwxdsn3MaX5tZIiAdTxTP1yjU_Ll5l0_tEt=w720-h596-no

....but it was recently revealed that Adywan hoped to reinstate the original sliced Ponda Baba 'furry' arm this time around...and alter the brief original shots of Ponda Baba's 'flippers' to match instead!

Here's a still unfinished shot that was previewed -

Image1.jpg

Personally, I'm really pleased with this, as although Adywan's original solution was inspired and effective (after all, Obi-wan did swipe at Dr Evazan too), I kinda missed the colour and 'alien-ness' of the original shot.

And just to bring things up-to-date, here's a new clip that's just been released from ANH REVISITED:HD (click on the Facebook icon for a larger version without the subtitles)-

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the revisited trilogy edit is going to have high dynamic range and wide color gamut? Because even if it’s only 1080p it can still have this done to it. but if messes with the trilogy’s color timing and brightness too much that it ruins the trilogy I understand.

Sorry I’m posting again but I thought since this is a little long and is completely different thing when it comes to updating the Star Wars trilogy and it would look really messy if part of the first post. The can someone look into updating the good cgi in the the original trilogy in a new hope update mos esly maybe update the spy droid look for r2d2 and c-3po update the ships heading toward the Death Star update the ships leaving yaven base remove the jabba’s scene completely removed the digital rocks r2d2 is hiding remove the droid slapstick maybe remove the whomp rats remove the ronto I think that’s it for a new hope. When it comes to the empire strikes back don’t know if the was any bad cgi scenes but I know of two things I would like to see update one is if someone wants to do this part deepfake the return of the Jedi version of the emperor in the hologram scene the reason why as great as adywan did with the look a like of the emperor I feel a deepfake if done right would look even better. Two update the look cgi of cloud city to a modern cgi look. Last return of the Jedi remove the new jabba’s door remove all the garbage coming out of r2d2 remove Jedi rocks and the new singers and restore the original jabba’s place song and update just sly snootles to look better not sure where I land on this but I guess if it possible update the sarlacc to look cooler get rid of the blinking Ewoks update the planets celebrating the destruction of the second Death Star to look better. these last two might be controversial but update the unmasked Vader to look like an older Hayden Christensen and make the young anakin force look better and less creepy when he smiles. If I miss any bad cgi or cgi that would benefit a redo add that to this list. Not demanding someone does this just asking.

Sorry I’m posting again but I thought since this is a little long and is completely different thing when it comes to updating the Star Wars trilogy and it would look really messy if part of the first post. The can someone look into updating the good cgi in the the original trilogy in a new hope update mos esly maybe update the spy droid look for r2d2 and c-3po update the ships heading toward the Death Star update the ships leaving yaven base remove the jabba’s scene completely removed the digital rocks r2d2 is hiding remove the droid slapstick maybe remove the whomp rats remove the ronto I think that’s it for a new hope. When it comes to the empire strikes back don’t know if the was any bad cgi scenes but I know of two things I would like to see update one is if someone wants to do this part deepfake the return of the Jedi version of the emperor in the hologram scene the reason why as great as adywan did with the look a like of the emperor I feel a deepfake if done right would look even better. Two update the look cgi of cloud city to a modern cgi look. Last return of the Jedi remove the new jabba’s door remove all the garbage coming out of r2d2 remove Jedi rocks and the new singers and restore the original jabba’s place song and update just sly snootles to look better not sure where I land on this but I guess if it possible update the sarlacc to look cooler get rid of the blinking Ewoks update the planets celebrating the destruction of the second Death Star to look better. these last two might be controversial but update the unmasked Vader to look like an older Hayden Christensen and make the young anakin force look better and less creepy when he smiles. If I miss any bad cgi or cgi that would benefit a redo add that to this list. Not demanding someone does this just asking.
This might do better in a general star wars ideas thread. I believe Adywan is set on what his team will do.

Here's the latest preview of a segment from ANH REVISITED:HD (Note - the audio isn't complete on this clip yet) -

^^ I love the little details he adds, like Vaders suit flashing at 1:09 in the background. I have to admit I've never been keen on the reworked planet explosion at 2:04 though. It looks too digital.

3:39 - I can't believe how bad the lightsaber looks on the official bluray.

@ The Scibbling Man - indeed, the sheer amount of minor little things that get spruced up in his work are as impressive as his more obvious big enhancements.

For instance, I'd never noticed that the blurry background behind the 2 close-ups of Artoo in this latest clip were wrong until I saw his original edit. They were actually from the red control room on the death star! :D

Oh man, that's a thing of beauty! I've been waiting patiently for this and RotJ!

2021-09-20-1.png

What the hell is going on with the lightsaber on the official blu-ray?? lol. It's yellow!

I guess technology just wasn't advanced enough at that stage to allow for yellow lightsabers.

Back
Top Bottom