• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS REVISITED by Adywan

Is the ESB:R BR available yet? And if not, has an approximate date been set? I know Adywan is famously averse to setting deadlines, but I'm more curious if this is something that is coming relatively soon or if it won't happen until the ANH:R BR is ready.

I guess I’ll post my confused questions here once per year. It seems there is an HD regrade that has been released. Is that the final FINAL version of this edit or is more work still going into it?

Was it released?  I thought he's redoing it in HD and he just posted screencaps of the regrade.

Yes, although it's going to be similar to the original with just a few planned changes IIRC.

wilhelm scream said:
It's just the regrade the eventual edit will use.

So is it a regrade of the SE or a regrade of his original Revisited with additional edits planned? Or... something else?

Moe_Syzlak said:
wilhelm scream said:

So is it a regrade of the SE or a regrade of his original Revisited with additional edits planned? Or... something else?

I think it's the SE option.

wilhelm scream said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
wilhelm scream said:

I think it's the SE option.

I don't think that's right, I believe it's a regrade (and HD upgrade) of his original Revisited with a few changes planned.  See the end of the first post:

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/S...WAN-720p-HD-VERSION-NOW-IN-PRODUCTION/id/5942

A 720p HD version will be coming out around 2016 after ROTJ:R is finished.

There will be some differences because i can’t recreate it 100% faithfully but it will be as close as possible. But i won’t be taking any suggestions for changes/ fixes for the HD version

Planned differences so far between the original and HD version of ANH:R

1 - No prequel music during the lightsaber duel
2 - No “lightsaber” effect on the torture droid needle
3 - Altered Mos Eisley entrance ( no mirrored stormtroopers and shorter intro)
4 - Final shot of Tarkin reinstated
5 - Spinning hyperspace jump starfield reinstated

Ignore the part about 2016 after ROTJ:R, I believe he decided to do this first now.

EDIT:

https://swrevisited.wordpress.com/2...cted-a-new-hope-2011-now-available-on-usenet/

Reminder that this is NOT A New Hope Revisited, just the color-corrected Blu-ray base Revisited will be built on.

So yes it's just the SE...but will be used to update Revisited.

Wow, okay.  Confusing. I’ll wait for a finished product.

This is an enormous thread!

Can anyone point me to the method by which can view all of Adywan's edits? I do not see a way to contact the editor directly. 

thanks in advance. 

-Noob

mymonstroddity said:
This is an enormous thread!

Can anyone point me to the method by which can view all of Adywan's edits? I do not see a way to contact the editor directly. 

thanks in advance. 

-Noob

Welcome @"mymonstroddity",

the long rectangle at the top said:
If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Do not make requests for links in the forum other than in the Trade/Requests forum. Also remember to check the Edit Request Resource Form. It will point you in the right direction to get the edit.

I have just watched and noticed there are bad frames in both films by adywan. Has anyone else noticed it or is it just me. I used avidemux to check the frames and so far over 100 bad frames during the fighting sequences in A New Hope.

coolfilm said:
I have just watched and noticed there are bad frames in both films by adywan. Has anyone else noticed it or is it just me. I used avidemux to check the frames and so far over 100 bad frames during the fighting sequences in A New Hope.

What do you mean when you say "bad frames"?

addiesin said:
coolfilm said:

What do you mean when you say "bad frames"?

That the image is damage, blocky, that sort of thing.
IRzpHmrl.jpg

aQ1nB71l.jpg

It seems you have a badly compressed version, as these errors are not in any "official" release.

Acquiring the CD-ROM version was probably the key problem here. :p

Back
Top Bottom