• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (NON-SPOILER)

I suggested this on OT, but figured I would here too.

How bout casting Jake Lloyd as Ben Skywalker? He kinda got screwed with TPM, maybe the ST can redeem him? Poor guy never even got a lightsaber...

nightstalkerpoet said:

How bout casting Jake Lloyd as Ben Skywalker? He kinda got screwed with TPM, maybe the ST can redeem him? Poor guy never even got a lightsaber...

nightstalkerpoet said:

I hope that Disney refrains from intentionally casting shitty actors...

I've actually never found him that bad of an actor; I really think that the script/direction really was so awful on Star Wars that the bad performance was inevitable. Compare his acting in TPM to his acting in Jingle All the Way - HUGE difference.

I think Jake Lloyd deserves a second chance, but maybe through indie comedies or something like that. I'm not sure I'd want to see him in a Star Wars film.

As for the Vader rumor, nothing is impossible these days, but I find this to be a huuuuuuge stretch. Any note of finality in Return of the Jedi will be gone forever if Vader comes back.

Will we be forced to watch Hayden Christensen again? (Again, it was probably the direction more than the acting, but still, does anyone want to see a new Star Wars movie with Christensen in it?) If he's being brought back because he's the best villain possible, then what happened to his whole redemption in Jedi? Otherwise, will he and Luke be good buddies? None of it makes any sense.

Even bringing back Darth Maul, which was indeed cheesy, isn't as crazy as this idea. Darth Maul's fate is less directly tied to the saga of the six films. And, frankly, since Darth Maul was the only character that anyone liked in Phantom Menace (new or old), Lucas made a mistake in killing him anyway. I don't think anyone would say that Vader shouldn't have been killed in Jedi.

But I'm not really worried, because this sounds like a crazy rumor.

How bout a vision in a tree sequence where Luke has to battle Vader one last time? If they could tie it into whatever plot they were doing that'd be a cool way to have Vader appear.

Otherwise, they should just concoct their own villain. And let's be honest, a new villain means new toys to sell so I hardly see them falling back on Vader.

Frink: Fair enough. Liam Neeson's performance certainly elevated the scenes above the silly dialogue he was given to say. But Lucas failed to include him in the later films in any significant way, either.

Hymie: Ooh, yeah. Excellent point. I hadn't thought about that, but having Vader as the villain again would deeply limit the amount of toys that Hasbro could release. A lot of kids already own Darth Vader, and his appearance never radically changes. It's not like how Luke has a Hoth outfit and a Bespin outfit and all that. (And of course, I'm not counting Anakin in this.)

I bet that the next villain will not be Vader and will look slightly different from film to film, the way that Threepio did in the prequels.

Throw: Thrawn is cool, but if he does show up, expect that he'll appear in a very different story than the novels. He'll probably be working with the Yuzhan Vong or whatever they're called.

Throw: Thrawn is cool, but if he does show up, expect that he'll appear in a very different story than the novels. He'll probably be working with the Yuzhan Vong or whatever they're called.

I already doubt that Timothy Zahn's books are anywhere near being considered but there is no chance the vong will be in it - unless i'm wrong

The problems with using the books are alot of the best stories take place between the movies. Just whatever they do lets hope they stay away from the "death troopers" book.

Obviously they would never do a full film on it but including any aspect of that book would suck.

Honestly i would love to see a shadows of the empire movie but thats a pipe dream

Vader is possibly the most recognisable brand associated with Star Wars. Toys aside, I think they will definitely utilise him in some way. Disney has to make their 4 billion back and they will want their star Sith off the Bench. I call legit on that particular rumor.

And to be honest, if they get it right, it could work. Not to resurrect Anakin, but to resurrect the suit. I know this is steering into the 'what would you do with E 7,8,9' territory, but I can imagine the remaining imperials being very keen to reinstate their most iconic and feared image of power and fear across the universe. So perhaps they find a new sith recruit who is willing to wear this mantle to re-galvanise and unify a fractured empire... or something like that.

And what better insult to an ageing Luke than to see the image of his now redeemed father being used for evil purposes once again? I think that would serve as an appropriate motivator to get the old jedi off his taun taun and wanting to do something about it. It might even motivate an old friend like han to deliver the message to Luke personally, who has been busy converting those in the rebellion who were open to his teaching in the ways of the force etc...

I predict something like this anyway...

That's feasible, but would be a pretty pathetic way to dig up Vader. I think Disney should know better.

imo they can use vader - but first they have to earn it.
tell a good story that we want more and use vader similar to a certain car in a certain franchise - but as a treat and not an all dominating desperate move to rape a cultural icon

Bring Vader back and when unmasked it is actually Maul.

Back
Top Bottom