• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (NON-SPOILER)

Wowwwww. Awesome. If Arndt really is the writer, then the other parts of the earlier report are also probably true (that Arndt has written a 50-page treatment that has
Luke, Leia and Han as main characters
).

I still can't believe this is happening. :)

Reave: Yes, but who will be the gaffer? :p

TomH1138 said:
Wowwwww. Awesome. If Arndt really is the writer, then the other parts of the earlier report are also probably true (that Arndt has written a 50-page treatment that has
Luke, Leia and Han as main characters
).

I still can't believe this is happening. :)

Reave: Yes, but who will be the gaffer? :p

Roy Rodhouse, naturally.

I thought only Luke was "confirmed" and that the Solos were just potential players....

Bad news, everyone... :(

Vulture: Arndt's treatment reportedly features a "Son of Jar Jar and Chewbacca" child sidekick

Highly-placed sources within Lucasfilm are telling Vulture that Michael Ardnt's "Sequel Trilogy" treatment features a wacky child sidekick-type character who's the love child of Jar Jar Binks and Chewbacca. The "Gungie" hybrid, carried to term by Chewbacca's sister-in-law, was purportedly added at the request of senior consultant George Lucas, in order to "help the sidekick character motifs of the three trilogies rhyme". These same sources also tell us that, as a highly personal request that is one of Lucas' few contributions to the new trilogy, franchise steward Kathleen Kennedy is likely to be be "fiercely protective" of the character in future consultations with Lucasfilm's new Disney overlords.

Good find, Gaith.
Although a little too much to swallow to be taken for truth in the first place ;)

Also:
Spielberg said "No" to direct a Star Wars movie “It’s not my genre,” the director explained. “It’s my best friend George’s genre.”
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59560

Tarantino: “I could so care less” about the looming trilogy. “No, sorry. Especially if Disney’s going to do it. I’m not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars.”

Snyder said "no" too. (in some interview, of course, not to Disney/Lucasfilm)

Wouldn't wanna see a Tarantino/Snyder Star Wars anyway, to be fair. Shit Gaith, I thought that was a joke!

reave said:
I thought only Luke was "confirmed" and that the Solos were just potential players....

Well, I don't think that even Luke is technically "confirmed." But Mark Hammill said that he and Carrie Fisher both met with George for lunch a couple of months ago, where George told him of their plans. The reaction seemed positive, although Hammill didn't spell it out in as many words.

Harrison Ford is the only one to outright say he'd be happy to play Han Solo again.

Gaith: Good one! The bit about "making it rhyme" made it almost believable. Almost. ;)

Here's something that almost no one has talked about: What happened to Rick McCallum?

While I wasn't his biggest fan, Lucas seemed to be grooming him for the last two decades to take his place. I remember how stunned I was when I learned that Kathleen Kennedy was picked, instead.

When asked about McCallum on the ForceCast, insider Steven Sansweet said that McCallum has officially retired from Lucasfilm!

I have to say, I felt a bit sorry for the guy. Yeah, I find the whole "Everything is so dense" stuff to be as funny as the next person who watches Red Letter Media's reviews. But, honestly, Lucas didn't hire him to be the voice of the fans, nor did Lucas hire McCallum to argue with him. He hired someone who helped him see his vision through, whatever that happened to be. And that's what McCallum did. If any of us argue with our bosses too much, our bosses don't praise us and give us promotions; they fire us. McCallum just did his job.

It would have been interesting to see how McCallum would have done if he had a chance to work with someone who was easier to say "no" to. That said, I think Kennedy is going to do a terrific job.

All right, seriousness over. Back to the jokes. "Everything is soooo dense!" :p

It's possible McCallum said he didn't want the job and retired on his own.

Or Lucas had him "retired".

blade_runner_28693.jpg

Gaith said:
Bad news, everyone... :(

Vulture: Arndt's treatment reportedly features a "Son of Jar Jar and Chewbacca" child sidekick

Highly-placed sources within Lucasfilm are telling Vulture that Michael Ardnt's "Sequel Trilogy" treatment features a wacky child sidekick-type character who's the love child of Jar Jar Binks and Chewbacca. The "Gungie" hybrid, carried to term by Chewbacca's sister-in-law, was purportedly added at the request of senior consultant George Lucas, in order to "help the sidekick character motifs of the three trilogies rhyme". These same sources also tell us that, as a highly personal request that is one of Lucas' few contributions to the new trilogy, franchise steward Kathleen Kennedy is likely to be be "fiercely protective" of the character in future consultations with Lucasfilm's new Disney overlords.

That's got to be a joke. Even Lucas knows now that Jar-Jar was a failure of a character.

If it is true, I'm out until someone removes it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Neglify said:
Clicky the linky
Yeh, I almost made the mistake of replying with a quote, thinking it was serious at first until I did that. Plus when someone says Jar-Jar is gay, they don't mean it in the sexual-orientation way.

Darn, and I thought AOTR was done...now I gotta go back and add that in.

emanswfan said:
Yeh, I almost made the mistake of replying with a quote, thinking it was serious at first until I did that. Plus when someone says Jar-Jar is gay, they don't mean it in the sexual-orientation way.

Hahaha! Now this thread is getting good. If Jar-Jar ever went to prison, though, he definitely would be some wooky's bitch.

I can't believe the serious responses were deleted... Forum etiquette violation. They were precious to me.

geminigod said:
I can't believe the serious responses were deleted... Forum etiquette violation. They were precious to me.

Wait, what got deleted? I didn't delete anything. Frink? Reave?

Neglify said:
Wait, what got deleted? I didn't delete anything. Frink? Reave?

I could have sworn there was another one besides Reave's. Might have imagined it.

So... Can I delete my response asking about the deleted responses? :D

Glad some people enjoyed my wee bit o' fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom