• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS WITHIN)

I guess I’m glad I don’t visit any other SW sites (inasmuch as this is a SW site). I don’t know what the plot leaks are and I’m glad for it. For me there’s not a ton to chew on from that trailer other than images. I have to admit having Carrie Fisher deliver the “always” line was great.

Not necessarily a spoiler, just more of a thought and hope for what might happen in the new movie.

I've stayed away from spoilers, but I read one the other day when it said that the reviews have been a disaster and there have been massive changes made to "fix" the ending. I watched the Portal/Temple episode of Rebels where Ezra saves Ashoka and it made me wonder if the new movie will have a Donnie Darko type ending. It would be similar to what JJ did with Star Trek. I actually think it would be neat for Rey to be like Anakin and be a literal child of the force who goes into the realm where Palpatine had found a way to enter and then ultimately makes the choice to to stop Anakin interfering and Sidious killing Mace Windu, thereby stopping the entirety of what we know of the Skywalker saga. This would allow for a completely new narrative on a different timeline. That way we preserve the old characters, and allow for a true New Dawn where anything is possible. Sure it would make some people mad, but it would be liberating at the same time. Imagine Anakin Skywalker not falling to the dark side. Luke and Leia would be raised in the force. Obi-Wan would be alive, etc. Sebastian shaw could take up the new adventures of Luke Skywalker, or better yet, they could just tell the story in the future after another 1,000 years of the Jedi guarding peace and justice in the galaxy. Anyway, I hope it's something like that just for the fact that it ends the saga with a truly New Hope for the Future.

I just noticed it says it opens 20 December. However my local theater has it opening on the 18th. Is it opening in Europe two days before the US?

theryaney said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
I just noticed it says it opens 20 December. However my local theater has it opening on the 18th. Is it opening in Europe two days before the US?

The release date is different for different countries, so yes. Here are the release dates worldwide from IMDb.

I’m surprised for such a big movie that so many places are getting it ahead of the US. My kids are off school that week so I’m taking them to a matinee. Which means we’ll have seen it by the time the US is waking up on Wednesday. For someone as spoiler averse as JJ Abrams, giving two full days for spoilers to come out in the US seems unusual.

I love these clips and TV spots, what's wrong with you people??

tumblr_pkcx5ezm5f1xqq5qqo2_540.gif

I won’t go so far as to say I love them, but I’m not sure what anyone was expecting at this point. And I don’t mean that in a bad way. It’s just that all these clips and trailers seem consistent with the trilogy thus far. I’m curious as to what, specifically, are the issues people are having.

I don't disagree with you, but I long for a movie experience that I know nothing about and can just be surprised. But I guess it kinda is my fault, I can't help clicking on these trailers/spots. Consider me hyped!

theryaney said:
I don't disagree with you, but I long for a movie experience that I know nothing about and can just be surprised. But I guess it kinda is my fault, I can't help clicking on these trailers/spots. Consider me hyped!

Hahah I getcha, but for me these get me even more hyped for the movie. We'll see if this is a good thing or a bad thing lol!

theryaney said:

I’ve heard that there are plot leaks. Is it that these scenes seem to confirm those leaks? I’ve avoided spoilers for most part so what I’m seeing don’t seem all that spoilerish to me.

Moe_Syzlak said:
theryaney said:

I’ve heard that there are plot leaks. Is it that these scenes seem to confirm those leaks? I’ve avoided spoilers for most part so what I’m seeing don’t seem all that spoilerish to me.

Well given that I never read leaks or anything while anticipating a movie it really doesn't matter to me. Although I did hear one thing that got me worried but it depends on how the movie uses that? Below is that spoiler

Apparently that laser in the first teaser are Death Star cannons that Palpatine has built on a fleet of Star Destroyers while laying low in the dark regions of the Outer Rim, and the gang's objective is to destroy them before Palpatine takes over again with them, which is the reason for the countless amount of ships in the trailers, giving us a Star Wars space battle in the vein of those final battles in LOTR: Return of the King and Avengers: Endgame. I'm having mixed feelings because to me as I've gotten super tired of planet destroying super weapons in Star Wars!!! But it comes down to execution, besides the final epic battle which is Return of the Jedi times a hundred sounds pretty fucking cool to me. But I'm sure people will also hate it calling it a lazy copy of RotJ as they did calling The Force Awakens a copy of A New Hope

Masirimso17 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
theryaney said:

Well given that I never read leaks or anything while anticipating a movie it really doesn't matter to me. Although I did hear one thing that got me worried but it depends on how the movie uses that? Below is that spoiler

Apparently that laser in the first teaser are Death Star cannons that Palpatine has built on a fleet of Star Destroyers while laying low in the dark regions of the Outer Rim, and the gang's objective is to destroy them before Palpatine takes over again with them, which is the reason for the countless amount of ships in the trailers, giving us a Star Wars space battle in the vein of those final battles in LOTR: Return of the King and Avengers: Endgame. I'm having mixed feelings because to me as I've gotten super tired of planet destroying super weapons in Star Wars!!! But it comes down to execution, besides the final epic battle which is Return of the Jedi times a hundred sounds pretty fucking cool to me. But I'm sure people will also hate it calling it a lazy copy of RotJ as they did calling The Force Awakens a copy of A New Hope

Yeah I’m not even looking at that. I’ve got relatively little info and I think I’m happy to keep it that way for two and half more weeks. I probably should avoid this thread even, but so far people haven’t been posting anything without spoiler tags, despite the thread title.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Masirimso17 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
theryaney said:

Yeah I’m not even looking at that. I’ve got relatively little info and I think I’m happy to keep it that way for two and half more weeks. I probably should avoid this thread even, but so far people haven’t been posting anything without spoiler tags, despite the thread title.

Smart

Masirimso17 said:
I love these clips and TV spots, what's wrong with you people??

Others have different opinions than you. There's nothing wrong with that. Shouting via gif and calling people wrong because they don't share your views isn't productive.

Back
Top Bottom