• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode I: Shadow of the Sith by L8wrtr

Thanks! The DL of TRD has commentary and I will also be doing a commentary for DotE

Okay. Ill keep an eye out for DL's to purchase. Cause haven't been able to find 'em. Walmart, Kmart, Target, even Meijer aren't selling 'em anymore.

steelio2006 said:
Okay. Ill keep an eye out for DL's to purchase. Cause haven't been able to find 'em. Walmart, Kmart, Target, even Meijer aren't selling 'em anymore.

Whoa... Am I hallucinating? A member of this forum doesn't own all the Star Wars movies?

Steelio... you may possibly be the coolest guy here.

steelio2006 said:
I meant DVD-R DL's. Thanks if there was sarcasm.

Oh. My bad. All right. And no sarcasm in my first post. I honestly mistook what you said and thought I had found someone who didn't own the Star Wars prequels. Alas, my quest for that mythical figure will continue.

No problem. Yeah, i have the prequels on dvd. However, Shadow of the Sith is my replacement for The Phantom Menace.

Buy DLs online. You'll get a better price.

So just a small update. Upgrading to HD has been more painstaking than I had anticipated. In the end I am rebuilding the edit from the ground-up because the original audio is simply unacceptable to my now more experienced sensibilities. I just hit the 1 hour mark in the rebuild and with luck will have the conversion done by end of the month. I will then turn my attention to converting TRD through March and spend April making any last tweaks, building BDs, dvds etc..

And then.. and then.... I shall have.... peace.....

Can't wait for this. Release day will be a great day indeed - I will be inviting friends around shortly thereafter to introduce them to the glories of the Star Wars prequels as they should have been (and the glories of fanediting!).
Keep at it L8 - your fans are waiting. :)

Brief update.

My goal was to have SOTS basic conversion to HD done by end of February. This is more or less done. The edit is rebuilt entirely, so I have to now review all of the audio transitions and make sure they are properly crossfaded. I also need make a couple audio nips and tucks, removing droid dialog, making sure all yippees are gone and moving some of Anakin's dialog around, but the bulk of the conversion was completed on schedule.

Regarding the Deleted Scenes. I have run them through the upconversion process and I'm sad to report that due to the inferior quality of the original footage, the increase in quality is spotty at best. Much of the footage is grainy and lacks the sharpness that the deleted scenes from the other two episodes had. This means that the range of improvement is highly limited for a lot of the footage.

The Greedo scene appears to have been more successful and the Probe scene has the most problems.

I will still use these scenes and they will just have to be what they are. The Greedo scene is key in eliminating the Sabulba/Jar Jar confrontation, and the Probe scene makes a world of difference in the pacing (imo). I'll fix them up the best I can, but it will just have to be what it is.

Once this is done, onward and upward to TRD. My goal is to have that done before my birthday this month so that I can have a nerd-day birthday present of watching all 6 films in order:

1. Shadow of the Sith
2. The Republic Divided
3. Dawn of the Empire
4. ANH:R
5. Official BD
6. RotJ: Q2 edition.

L8wrtr said:
5. Official BD

Dear Sir,

If you insist on watching the official BD over Harmy's, or even dark_jedi's GOUT sourced, you will be dead to me.

Disgustedly Yours,
Me

Although I despise the SEs of ANH and ROTJ, I don't think Lucas actually messed anything up on ESB. In fact, he actually *gasp* improved it. You gotta give the man some credit.

Um...no. The colars are still messed up.

QuickCut said:
Although I despise the SEs of ANH and ROTJ, I don't think Lucas actually messed anything up on ESB. In fact, he actually *gasp* improved it. You gotta give the man some credit.

220094-BioWareFacepalm-Header.jpg

Apart from the colors, guess you must like digital PT-like aerial establishing shots for Bespin...

Well... at least he didn't add enormous CGI dinosaurs everywhere. The establishing shots for Bespin aren't really that bad. If the color correction wasn't off, I think Lucas's special edition of ESB would be my go-to version.

I still hate the SEs for ANH and ROTJ with a passion, but I'm willing to admit that the ESB SE is one time where Lucas didn't really screw up that bad.

People please.

We all know the best version of Empire is:

Back
Top Bottom