• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode I - Return of the Sith: Revisited Edition

Stefsarch said:
So I've sent you a PM asking for the links.
I know, and I'm sorry for the delay. Same apology goes out to all the others who have PM'd me as well (there are a bunch of people now) I really will get back to you, RL has been swamping me lately. Without .info, I now need to recreate the DLC file and I just haven't had the time up yet. I really will try to get this done over the weekend and send out the links. I greatly appreciate everyone's interest in my edit (I really mean that!) and I thank you for your patience.

Moe_Syzlak said:
I recently watched this and a few other highly rated edits. This is my favorite.
Thanks!! :)

One question I had, has anyone ever tried to remove the Gungan battle completely. Other than my favorite image from the movie (the Gungan riders emerging from the fog), it occurs to me that this serves little to no narrative purpose in edits such as this. Further it would allow for even more trimming of Gungans.

this could be a valid approach, but you would need to also cut other things as well. It would make the padme/queen reveal scene problematic (it happens while she asks for their help) so if you cut that scene, you need to go the route of no hidden identity, which I personally think is way more trouble than it is worth (the attempts I have seen just don't work too well since it is so ingrained within the story). Also it would make the space battle superfluous - why stop the droid army when they no longer exist on screen?

that being said, I think it could be done, and if done well, it would certainly be a very unique edit!

seciors said:
I know, and I'm sorry for the delay. Same apology goes out to all the others who have PM'd me as well (there are a bunch of people now) I really will get back to you, RL has been swamping me lately. Without .info, I now need to recreate the DLC file and I just haven't had the time up yet. I really will try to get this done over the weekend and send out the links. I greatly appreciate everyone's interest in my edit (I really mean that!) and I thank you for your patience.

Argh, you invalidated my post ;)

At any rate, you may have missed the news - info is back up :)

Sorry Frink! I just felt bad, as people have been asking me for links and I haven't got back to them.

but that's great news about info, it will make things much easier for me now! :)

seciors said:

this could be a valid approach, but you would need to also cut other things as well. It would make the padme/queen reveal scene problematic (it happens while she asks for their help) so if you cut that scene, you need to go the route of no hidden identity, which I personally think is way more trouble than it is worth (the attempts I have seen just don't work too well since it is so ingrained within the story). Also it would make the space battle superfluous - why stop the droid army when they no longer exist on screen?

that being said, I think it could be done, and if done well, it would certainly be a very unique edit!

Good point about the decoy reveal. I always thought diverting the droids was an unnecessary narrative used only to give the Gungans something to do. The Droid Army is occupying the planet or at the very least the capital city. Shutting down the command ship would seem necessary to any plan to take back the city. There are certainly droids when Padme goes after the viceroy. In fact, the whole droid control ship seemed like a dumb concept to me anyway. Probably pipe dreaming now, but wouldn't it be nice if the space battle was about simply removing the blockade.

I'm not an editor, so I understand that these things might be more problematic. But everything about the Gungans always seems forced into the story to show off how GL could do it technically. That seems to be the problem with so much of all three movies. Instead of coming up with a good story and then figuring out how to film it, he seems to have cobbled a story out of "cool things" he'd like to try to put on screen.

Ric Olie said:
So I've sent you a PM asking for the links.

TV's Frink said:
Posting that you sent a PM is not necessary.

RicOlie1.png

Obviously it wasn't obvious to everyone. :p

seciors said:

So another thought on this. I know TM2YC did an edit where the Queen and The handmaiden are the same character. I've yet to see this one, so correct me if I'm wrong. But what if they are two separate characters and there is no decoy? In other words, the female hero is the handmaiden. Period. I mean Star Wars has a rich history of dumb name usage for characters that are trying to hide, but why would a Queen disguised as a handmaiden use her real name!? I'm trying to remember any scene or narrative that would be negatively impacted by this. But I can't think of any other than the decoy reveal. Get rid of the ruse, get rid of the Gungan Army! You'd probably end up with an hour long movie but I've never been one that feels these have to be standard Star Wars movie length.

My first fan edit viewing. Excellent work and 85mins well spent. Review left.

Hi People

I just discover the star wars fan movie edit yesterday, and I am totally crazy to watch it!

Where can I download it? I already sent also a private message to seciors

Help Me!!!!!!!

thanks

Hey everyone,

my edit is available via fanedit.info

please try there before contacting me as Iin still not able to process many requests at this time.

Thanks!

melkor185 said:
I already sent also a private message to seciors

be patient, and if you read the rules, you'll see we don't allow download requests in the forum.

Hello, first post. The last time I watched The Phantom Menace in its entirety is when I saw it opening day in the theater. I bought the full set of blu rays just to own Harmy's and other fanedits. So last night was quite a milestone for me, as I haven't watched the Prequels in a very long time. Return of the Sith makes amazing improvements in this flawed film, and really highlighted the things that I enjoyed about it. Thank you!

Is there any chance that you will release a version of Return of the Sith with a replaced Jar-Jar voice? Either with alien sounds and subtitles as I see Magnoliafan has done, or with a different voice actor? That would take this edit over the top, in my opinion.

Hello seciors,

Great edit! I finally enjoyed this movie without cringing and losing complete interest. Big improvement, better then the other edits I have seen.

The edits were smooth and unnoticable, the sound was great too.

You captured the essence without the crap. Made Aniken look like a decent actor that wasn't terribly annoying. So many good edits, which is hard because of all the really bad acting in this movie.

I really like how made the Pod Race faster, more exciting without the silliness.

THANK YOU SECIORS for making a watchable film out of the garbage GL made!!!!
Looking forward to more of your work.

Hi all,

I'm really late to the game here, but I just discovered FanEdit.org last month.

I just wanted to say that I've watch all of the top Star Wars fan edits now, and Seciors is by far my favourite. His Episode I and II are astounding.

I've looked but not seen much activity by Seciors lately. I really hope that he plans on releasing an edit of Episode III. I want his trilogy to be the one that I show to my son when he's old enough.

the original creator hasn't been on here in 2 years, and this isn't listed on fanedit.info that i could see. Could anyone PM me? thanks

@"repkyle", that is unfortunate, but please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Back
Top Bottom