• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek Vengeance (TM2YC FanFix of Into Darkness)

I'm finding a few further little tweaks, so this is time well spent. Including heavily regrading the establishing shot for Kronos (Original top. New version bottom)...

30056575011_52e4042047_c.jpg

...to better match the new sequence of events. In this cut, the long argument between Spock and Uhura is gone, so there is much less time between the establishing shot and the first exterior, so they needed to match a lot closer.

TM2YC said:
TM2YC said:
Now to...

- Render out what I hope is the final lossless file, give it a re-watch to check it's good

Bugger. Only 2 minutes in and I discovered there was a stray particle of preanimate matter caught in the matrix (Actually a bit of misplaced audio ;) ). On the bright side, one more preview-watch, can't hurt.

After the 20th or so remder having some issue of some type coupled with life, I'll admit, it takes a toll on the push to complete.

I watched the latest version last night and I'm finally happy with it. So with the actual edit finished, we are squarely into the prepping for release stage now. Uploading, artwork etc. I haven't decided if I'm going to do a full Blu-Ray, or just a compatible file. It's a right pain to do for just a fancy 'Play' button, but it would be nice.

I've been working on the trailer all day on/off and I think it's gonna be great, if I can find all the right shots I need. I'm slightly torn over wether to do it at 16:9, or at 2.35:1 but that decision can happen when it's complete.

The trailer nears completion...

...it's more work than the actual edit :D .

TM2YC said:
...it's more work than the actual edit :D .

That's the truth!

Watching this thread like a hawk. Can't wait for the release :D

@"DigModiFicaTion" I think we can all agree on that  ;) all I've seen thus far is pure effort and commitment to creating something memorable.

Drum roll... Here is the finished trailer for 'Star Trek Vengeance'...

(Click fullscreen HD button for full effect ;) )

This is the first "proper" trailer I've managed to make, that felt anywhere near the real thing and I'm very pleased with it. It's got a kind of three-act 'sad--happy--action' structure.

- The music is made up of different sections of the pieces 'Kirk Enterprises', 'The Kronos Wartet', 'Ship to Ship' and 'Sub Prime Directive' from Michael Giacchino STID score.
- The starfield is once again from 1997's 'Contact'.

With the trailer finished, I'd planned on spending all of this weekend getting the edit ready for release but due to a sudden family issue in the real world, that's not going to be possible. So expect this fanedit sometime in the next fortnight.

very noss trailer, tm2!
hope the RL issue resolves as well as possible, man.

The LIKE button doesn't seem adequate, this is phenomenal. Looking forward to seeing this when you're ready.

Well done sir! Well done indeed!!!!   :D

Sorry to hear of your family issue.  Hope it resolves as well as possible!  Thank you for taking the time for making a trailer!

Thanks for all the comments :) . I was torn between making that trailer in 2.35:1, or at 16:9 (so the IMAX shots are uncropped) but I much preferred the feel of the former AR in the end. But while I've got the project-file still open, I figured why not do both. It only took about an hour or less to reconfigure all the shots.

So here is the trailer again with the IMAX footage in full (about half the trailer?) and the regular footage blown-up and reframed for 16:9....

To be clear, it's the exact same trailer sound and shot wise.

I found a way of making Admiral Robocop more scary...!

..but seriously, his eyes have got this crazy purple glowing thing going on in this boardroom scene (Everyone elses eyes are normal) so I've decided to go to the extra effort of correcting this, by masking them off and colouring sepeartely in every shot. There must have been some purple spotlight shining in his direction because all the other actors facing toward him look totally normal.

Blu-Ray is rendering. Fingers crossed.

Front cover art is complete...

29821228694_310c6df2e6_o.jpg

Back, spine, disc still to do and Blu-Ray sized version. Full disclosure: I may have been a tiny bit massively influenced by the cover for 'MI: Rogue Nation'.

Awesome! Frankly I didn't notice nor do I care about the symmetry/style similarities to MI 5 since both demonstrate a unique sleekness and visual dynamic that would catch any eye on here ;)

Fantastic cover art!!!!   :heart:

Sweet poster but points deducted for not having Simon Pegg in the respective Simon Pegg spot.

Back
Top Bottom