• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR TREK "Perdition's Flames"

I totally LOVE it!!! :smile:

You rock Rogue-theX!!!

I agree with L8WRTR, just put a synopsis under the image of the Enterprise and I think it would be perfect!

Thanks again for the awesome art. :)

Very well L8/bob :D , all is heeded and will be put to use.

I like the minimalist cover, without synopsis, so will have to nab it before it is changed. It does look excellent, Rogue-theX. :)

Glad to hear everybody likes the cover art :D
It hopefully will be available sometime soon.

Captain Khajiit said:
I like the minimalist cover, without synopsis, so will have to nab it before it is changed. It does look excellent, Rogue-theX. :)

Variety is good, no? We could make both available!

Just wanted to THANK Rogue again for the wonderful cover art he has designed for the dvd.

It is now available for download for all who want it. :)

bionicbob said:
Just wanted to THANK Rogue again for the wonderful cover art he has designed for the dvd.

And he also did one for The V'ger Incident that is also now available.

TMBTM said:
bionicbob said:

And he also did one for The V'ger Incident that is also now available.

"oops!"--

Sorry, forgot to mention that! :razz:

Yeah, Rogue has also designed an awesome companion cover for THE V'GER INCIDENT!!!

And last night, I got a sneak peak at his prelim art for my next edit STAR TREK RESURRECTION.
It is BEAUTIFUL! :)

Always glad to be of service :D .

Watched this last night. Have to say that I enjoyed it quite well. I'm looking back at the The Original Series now. I was interested after watching Abram's Star Trek. But now I'm even more interested in taking a look at the series after watching Perdition's Flames. Awesome edit. Although there was some audio buzzing in the main menu and the feature itself.

steelio2006 said:
Watched this last night. Have to say that I enjoyed it quite well. I'm looking back at the The Original Series now. I was interested after watching Abram's Star Trek. But now I'm even more interested in taking a look at the series after watching Perdition's Flames. Awesome edit.

If I can just turn one person away from the dark side of the Force
and onto the one true path of enlightenment that we call TREK,
then I can die a happy man. :smile:

Seriously though, glad you liked the edit.
You may wish to check out my previous Trek edit, "The V'Ger Incident" (shameless plug) :lol:

Abram's Trek is an awesome movie, though some would argue it's more like Star Trek on steriods than real Trek.
TOS is still the best. I think it has stood the test of time very well and is still very relevant.
TNG is entertaining and has some great mythology building, but many episodes feel very dated to me and make me cringe.
DS9 is fantastic and IMO the true heir to TREKdom. It pushed and evolved Star Trek in bold new directions in terms of storytelling and character.
VOY has it's loyal fans but I could never get into it. After 20plus years of Trek, it felt too much like "been there, done that" to me.
ENT had incredible potential and was cancelled just as it was finding it's stride.

So there is lots of Trek to choose from....
Find the one that suits you and
Live Long and Prosper. :)

THANK YOU TMBTM for the review!:)

I have to say that I am reluctant to give this edit a spin, not because Wrath of Kahn shouldn't be messed with or anything like that; while i do quite like it I am not of the group that regards it as the best Trek movie, Undiscovered Country is my personal favorite.

Thing is, I watched the Vger Incident a while back, and I really liked quite a few things about it: TOS sounds and ambiance, leaner storytelling, nice inclusion of flashbacks from the series... yet when it went downways for me was the twist ending... I don't want to spoil things for anyone, so here it goes:

Lets just say that from where I'm standing there is no way that the human consciousness that was merged could ever spawn that, plus the contradictions about locations that the twist implies - we are talking galaxy quadrant mismatch here.

I dunno, perhaps there is nothing of the sort this time around?

havok1977 said:
I have to say that I am reluctant to give this edit a spin, not because Wrath of Kahn shouldn't be messed with or anything like that; while i do quite like it I am not of the group that regards it as the best Trek movie, Undiscovered Country is my personal favorite.

Thing is, I watched the Vger Incident a while back, and I really liked quite a few things about it: TOS sounds and ambiance, leaner storytelling, nice inclusion of flashbacks from the series... yet when it went downways for me was the twist ending... I don't want to spoil things for anyone, so here it goes:

Lets just say that from where I'm standing there is no way that the human consciousness that was merged could ever spawn that, plus the contradictions about locations that the twist implies - we are talking galaxy quadrant mismatch here.

I dunno, perhaps there is nothing of the sort this time around?

Sorry you did not like the twist ending in VGER. I thought it was a fun idea.:D
Plus, it is based on a Trek fan theory that has been floating around for years, so I thought, what the heck, lets do it!

As for PERDITION, I don't want to give anything away for those who have not seen it, but I can assure you there is no BIG TWIST as there was with VGER. However, the funeral scene is significantly different....;)

8/10

A very cool edit, even though less Ricardo Montalbán means less of his impressive performance, but this is not the goal of this edit.
Perdition's Flames really feels like a great two-episode finale of a star trek tv-season and if they would have presented a story like this in the star trek series it would have definately become a legendary entry.
With cutting the Khan scenes out and just focusing on Kirk the story progresses without many of the redundancies that the original suffers. The scene with Chekov discovering Khan's vessel is a great opening and bionicbob manages to make it feel like a tv-opening, everything is there, the captain's log voiceover as the starship flies by ending with the beaming sound of the away mission, there are dramatic fadeouts and fade-ins, one very very cliffhangery freeze frame

with about half an hour cut this is a very quick and exciting ride. it doesn't replace wrath of khan, this was never the intention it just gives us a new take on an old classic
also with cutting khan, the lowering the shields of the reliant scene works way better for me - in the original there was a very "long" sequence of reliant crew staring incompetently at the controls while the shields were lowered, i really liked the quick cut from sending the codes to khan to the phaser fire
The funeral scene with the "happy b&w flashbacks" was really the best Tv-like thing this edit has done

Sunarep said:
8/10

A very cool edit, even though less Ricardo Montalbán means less of his impressive performance, but this is not the goal of this edit.
Perdition's Flames really feels like a great two-episode finale of a star trek tv-season and if they would have presented a story like this in the star trek series it would have definately become a legendary entry.
With cutting the Khan scenes out and just focusing on Kirk the story progresses without many of the redundancies that the original suffers. The scene with Chekov discovering Khan's vessel is a great opening and bionicbob manages to make it feel like a tv-opening, everything is there, the captain's log voiceover as the starship flies by ending with the beaming sound of the away mission, there are dramatic fadeouts and fade-ins, one very very cliffhangery freeze frame

with about half an hour cut this is a very quick and exciting ride. it doesn't replace wrath of khan, this was never the intention it just gives us a new take on an old classic
also with cutting khan, the lowering the shields of the reliant scene works way better for me - in the original there was a very "long" sequence of reliant crew staring incompetently at the controls while the shields were lowered, i really liked the quick cut from sending the codes to khan to the phaser fire
The funeral scene with the "happy b&w flashbacks" was really the best Tv-like thing this edit has done

THANK YOU.
I am very happy you liked it.

I found this edit extremely challenging and frustrating.:-x
Several times I almost gave up on my NO KHAN rule,
but luckily the awesome members of the forum kept me honest and on course.

The new funeral scene is the sequence I am the most proud and happy with, so I am glad you enjoyed it too!:)

Thanks TMBTM for noting to stay after the credits, I turned vlc off after "a bionic bob edit" at the very end, just watched what's come afterwards, really really cool addition

Sunarep said:
Thanks TMBTM for noting to stay after the credits, I turned vlc off after "a bionic bob edit" at the very end, just watched what's come afterwards, really really cool addition

I was wondering if many people would catch it.....;)

bionicbob said:
I was wondering if many people would catch it.....;)

what episode is that final scene from?

Back
Top Bottom