• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS - A Narrative Experiment Commences

REVISION 6.02 - DETAILS

Hi all...these are VERY minor, but necessary from my POV.....
I can't stress enough thou, these changes are barely noticeable and will certainly not prevent full enjoyment, but I HAVE to fix these.

Here are the changes:
- Flash frame removed after David and Joseph store chat
- Dr Fletcher's corpse removed when Casey is in the room frantic
- Improved the TRAIN JOURNEY crossfade between Glass and Unbreakable.
- Revised the FanEdit Logo (a revision to the version on DigModiFicaTion's Rise of the Rebellion thank you sir)

DETAILS:

Dr Fletcher's Corpse:
This was an oversight error, and I'm glad it was pointed out by BionicBob. The lazy thing would be to leave it. The next laziest thing is to remove the shot from the previously rendered, its quicker to far far quicker to re-render, but then a shot is lost and the image WILL start to introduce artifacts since it is in effect a third generation re-render (RIP/Render/Re-Render).
The proper thing to do is crop Dr Fletcher out of the shot and up-res the new shot and maintain the audio flow and run time. That is what I have done.

TRAIN WIPE:
The Train piece bothered me coz a shot on David changes color in an odd way before the wipe...I could not find out why. So now there are 3 wipes...
The Theatrical wipe,
The color grade wipe and
The pan back to the lady wipe....I think it is perfect now, or as close as can be.

So...rendering started again for v6.03

The Diner Scene :( NO CAN FIX (SEE BELOW, IT IS FIXED)
(music cue I wanted to fix) cannot be fixed.
The voice channel has too much music still despite a 5:1 surround rip and channel isolation, so for now, it remains. I even tried to rip the DVD, since I only need the audio and it could have had a better cleaner mix. It does not. Further, the encryption on the DVD (as in DRM) is worse than the Blu Ray. Took ages to sort that out. Alas, the voice track still has music, albeit a lot lower, it is too prominent to permit a clean overlay or replacement unless one of you can do better and drop me a clean center channel...for that scene only +60 sec either side?
:)

I am going to try to subtract the music but creating an inverse waveform to cancel it out.... That will mean replicating the awful mix extension of that cue which made the theatrical version...I mean it is AWFUL....I tried overlaying the correct clen version I made, but it either made the music too loud or crushed the dialogue. Wave subtraction I believe is what YouTube does when it removes music but leaves a clip intact...go figure...Noise cancelling headphone do the same...so I'm going to give it a go...BUT.....

I will not delay the update further.

6.03 is rendering and I will let you all know when it is UP, so you can PM accordingly should you want to update.
There will be a 50 GB 5:1 UBER Size and High bit rate MP4, also 5:1

Ciao 4 Now

Last edited:
Wraith, the effervescent perfectionist. He will never be completely happy with his awesome masterpiece, even if we are. 😁

REVISION 6.02 - DETAILS

Hi all...these are VERY minor, but necessary from my POV.....
I can't stress enough thou, these changes are barely noticeable and will certainly not prevent full enjoyment, but I HAVE to fix these.

Here are the changes:
- Flash frame removed after David and Joseph store chat
- Dr Fletcher's corpse removed when Casey is in the room frantic
- Improved the TRAIN JOURNEY crossfade between Glass and Unbreakable.
- Revised the FanEdit Logo (a revision to the version on DigModiFicaTion's Rise of the Rebellion thank you sir)

DETAILS:

Dr Fletcher's Corpse:
This was an oversight error, and I'm glad it was pointed out by BionicBob. The lazy thing would be to leave it. The next laziest thing is to remove the shot from the previously rendered, its quicker to far far quicker to re-render, but then a shot is lost and the image WILL start to introduce artifacts since it is in effect a third generation re-render (RIP/Render/Re-Render).
The proper thing to do is crop Dr Fletcher out of the shot and up-res the new shot and maintain the audio flow and run time. That is what I have done.

TRAIN WIPE:
The Train piece bothered me coz a shot on David changes color in an odd way before the wipe...I could not find out why. So now there are 3 wipes...
The Theatrical wipe,
The color grade wipe and
The pan back to the lady wipe....I think it is perfect now, or as close as can be.

So...rendering started again for v6.02

The Diner Scene :( NO CAN FIX
(music cue I wanted to fix) cannot be fixed.
The voice channel has too much music still despite a 5:1 surround rip and channel isolation, so for now, it remains. I even tried to rip the DVD, since I only need the audio and it could have had a better cleaner mix. It does not. Further, the encryption on the DVD (as in DRM) is worse than the Blu Ray. Took ages to sort that out. Alas, the voice track still has music, albeit a lot lower, it is too prominent to permit a clean overlay or replacement unless one of you can do better and drop me a clean center channel...for that scene only +60 sec either side?

I am going to try to subtract the music but creating an inverse waveform to cancel it out.... That will mean replicating the awful mix extension of that cue which made the theatrical version...I mean it is AWFUL....I tried overlaying the correct clen version I made, but it either made the music too loud or crushed the dialogue. Wave subtraction I believe is what YouTube does when it removes music but leaves a clip intact...go figure...Noise cancelling headphone do the same...so I'm going to give it a go...BUT.....

I will not delay the update further.

6.02 is rendering and I will let you all know when it is UP, so you can PM accordingly should you want to update.
There will be a 50 GB 5:1 UBER Size and High bit rate MP4, also 5:1

Ciao 4 Now
Even tho the dining scene was significant in the theatrical cut, imho it can be left out completely as it doesn't add anything to the narrative. Plus, David's completely shaved face, straightly deeper voice(can you fix his voice lol), and uniform stand out like a sore thumb.

They do and you are right…the provisio however is the line of dialogue and the jump off to the scene which follows it. The trigger is what I used that for …I could find no other way that was as effective.

im not saying more in the open but if there are any suggestions PM me. Also happy to discuss too. I want to keeps the narrative structure under wraps for as long as we can.

Reactions: oku
Even tho the dining scene was significant in the theatrical cut, imho it can be left out completely as it doesn't add anything to the narrative. Plus, David's completely shaved face, straightly deeper voice(can you fix his voice lol), and uniform stand out like a sore thumb.
I have an IDEA? Just an idea, but I'm going to test it out....

If you have seen the EDIT, and want to see the idea, PM and I will share including a test render of a POSSIBLE solution (ish) to the Diner....

I think this issue (DINER SCENE) may be resolved!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get the clean channels of the discrete 6 channel mix, I had to rip the DVD version; the blu ray is worse for some reason. Fortunately, the fidelity of the audio is just as good at 48,000Hz (but the DRM on the DVD is a nightmare).

I then selected a piece of music which has the same melody (VISIONS), but more violins and no percussion, laid over the "distant" sound of the bleed-thru beat, it sounds like a different arrangement AND it eliminates/minimizes the crescendo build up, saving that for later. It then also switches to a more reflective music cue which still fits the distant percussion melodically, so the overlay does not clash and it closes out the scene nicely. It then closes off with solo piano overlaid on the audio of the next scene (SPOILER).

No better result is possible given the constraints of the slight percussion bleed-thru. Any other music cue that does not match the melodic tempo of the underlying percussion, WILL clash and sound awful (I tested a dozen or so). The final part will be to fade out before we see David in full (I think)...is anyone bothered that he saved that morning?

The voice channel is about 80% of the feed...a vast improvement. I tried using a noise cancelling 180 degree waveform inversion to cancel the music, and it sounds like a catastrophe; BANE comes to mind LOL.

Last edited:
The scene is FIXED !!!!!

Thank-you Oku for the prod that tipped me over to try again...I'm so glad you did not pull your punches in the review!

I believe the fix addresses both our "needs" so to speak...

Semi-full audio rebuild to boot...about 20 hours to do, but it's been bugging me (despite the good reception) and since two people commented, nuff said.
JOB DONE!

For those that have seen the edit, a preview of the fix is available (I know who you are...for the most part).

Now I just need to render AGAIN, all of it.

Couple of other minor fixes, including a shotgun re-load audio that was muted, Station David music re-balanced too.

I will let you all know when the revised is loaded should you care to update (highly recommended).
There are no further updates anticipated.
Time stamps of fixes will follow FOR THE GEEKS!

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few"
:)

Plus a small homage to noir in the fix, most notably, Leone’s Once Upon a Time in America

The fix looks/sounds great. I certainly hope that your quest for perfection with this edit has been realized. 😉🤔😁

Last edited:
Just kidding! 🤣😂🤣😂
LOL...wrong attribution anyway....

It was in the Novel Prisoner Of Zenda...I recall thinking when I read it many moons ago that it was very modern idiom for an old novel...I thought it was written by Alexandre Dumas....grabbed my copy to find the quote again, only to find it was written by Anthony Hope

SILLY ME

LOL...wrong attribution anyway....

It was in the Novel Prisoner Of Zenda...I recall thinking when I read it many moons ago that it was very modern idiom for an old novel...I thought it was written by Alexandre Dumas....grabbed my copy to find the quote again, only to find it was written by Anthony Hope

SILLY ME
Now...THAT...is hilarious.

I could also have said....

"MY WORK HERE IS DONE"

Leonard Nimoy: The Simpsons
no idea which year (won't use Google either, or the brain will just empty out...use it or lose it)

REVISIONS UPDATE/STATUS:

DONE! LOADED!

Well, that took longer than expected!

FIXES
- Hybrid Fanedit Netflix style dark logo with added back caption at both ends of edit
- Flash frame of warehouse removed after David and Joseph store chat
- Muted Shot gun re-load, un-muted
- Glass to Unbreakable Train Ride wipe improved (v tricky)
- Audio foley levels checked (again, with tweaks)
- Dr Fletcher's corpse, removed
- DINER SCENE from Split, partial audio rebuild, score overlay... the theatrical bad music edits (there are two of them) are no longer audible thus, no musical crescendo in the scene which ends now with a gentle musical motif. The scene now thematically foreshadows the later Iconic music cue but is no longer repeated. This was my one and only compromise on initial release since I had not at that point thought of checking if the DVD audio was cleaner (which it was). The transition to scene which follows uses an homage to Sergio Leone in the transition (won't spoil).
- miscellaneous tweaks which only I would notice....tiny tiny tiny.

UBER HD (53gb) and Hi Bit Rate MP4 (14 gb) are now loaded.
The updated version file is "SUG v 6.03 A DFT"
PM me accordingly.

FINALLY (again), thank you to Artisdead for a productive discourse, Bionicbob for stepping up in the review flagging the issues I missed (repeatedly), Oku's input, Dwight Fry and all of you who have continued to be patient and supportive.

"now, what was I doing?"

UPDATE

one file in the zip archive was corrupted on upload.

reloading whole thing.

I will update once fully loaded.

Wow! I ust finished downloading it...now what? Delete all of it and start over? 🤔🤨🤣😂🤣😂

apols....nothing i can do...sometimes a file gets screwed...someone alerted me to it. could not unzip with the password...

i tested my copy and it was fine...so easier to re-load

Back
Top Bottom