• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS - A Narrative Experiment Commences

AN APOLOGY

Hi All

In the process of finalizing the “MAKING OF SUG” video ( now at the 27 min mark, and 90% done), I noticed an issue in the final render of SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS.

For some reason I cannot fathom, some of the replacement foley audio (3 so far) have reset to 100% volume. When viewed on a TV, big sound setup or headphones, there is a momentary imbalance in the sound, but on my PC speakers, it creates an audio pop.

This must have occurred after the final test View renders but befor the final render.

Only one person has pointed out this issue, which I put down to their set up, but it is clearly not the case.

I watched the final render again on a recent trip with earbuds, and did not note any such problem.

I will however commit to rewatching on my PC speaker in full AND check all those foley sound levels, one by one and if necessary, will re-render and notify you all here. I will also remove the glimpse of Dr Fletcher’s corpse (which one reviewer spotted, and we all missed) as well, since she is not in this film.

Again, my apologies. I can assure any who has not seen this that this issue is very minor and will in no way impact your enjoyment.

Until then, the “MAKING OF SUG”, should be ready this coming week at some point, lifting the hood on some of the things that this monster had done to it and how. I hope it may even surprise a few who know these films well, shining a light on changes that maybe even they did not notice.

Humbly
W

Last edited:
UPDATE: THE MAKING OF SUG

The edit stage of THE MAKING OF SUG is complete. Run time 33 mins (+ 2min post credit clip from another fanedit feature length commentary I made as a Special feature a few years back)

I am now polishing, correcting typos, caption alignments etc....

I would have loved to have shared some of the underlying work on two HUGE moments/scenes, but it is ultimately more of the same). I would also have liked to have shared some of the planning spreadsheets, especially some of the paths initially planned AND actually edited, but ultimately, not taken.

Not long now, and DEFO no spoilers...(well, two tiny tiny ones showing new sequences, but that's ok since they are not significant narrative changing moments).

Last edited:
THE MAKING OF SUG - UPDATE

Final render is underway.

Previews have been reviewed, polish applied and a couple of missing examples added taking this to 36 mins.

Artwork for the edit has also been revised in case any old fashioned folks (like me), want to burn these to Blu Rays.

Imminent.

THE MAKING OF SUG - UPDATE

THE MAKING OF SUG has been submitted as a Standalone SPECIAL PROJECT (could be educational for some).

This will be freely available to view below under fair use provisions for a limited time ONLY.
You know what to do for Uber Quality ! Thereafter, normal access rules apply.

I hope this will give some of you additional insights and maybe even contain changes and things fellow editors may have missed first time (I salute you all for your inspirational work that led to this).

ENJOY...(now I am going on a proper break from editing, but will still be around).

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TREMENDOUS SUPPORT AND ENTHUSIASM!

W

Last edited:
Had a bit of a nightmare getting this up, but here it is freely available for as long as the disputes run. If all back off, it will remain up, otherwise, it will be gone in 30 days and the usual means of access will apply.

ENJOY
ps
Apols if any typos remain...I am dyslexic, and it has been previewed...but it is what it is.
Separate Artwork has also been made for this and the SUG Main Feature Artwork revised to allow for a two disc set if anyone is so inclined (as I am)....

FINALLY

Thank you all who have reviewed and respected the narrative mystery and PM'd me to discuss away from this thread. It has been cathartic for me to be able to share the more complex elements of this openly including the many roads not taken...believe me, there were MANY....

Off to watch the Matrix Re-hashed Trailer........

This edit was amazing! Wraith has certainly gone all out. The documentary is very revealing. Thanks for spending so much time and effort to create art that is mind blowing and showing us how you did it!

I'm really looking forward to watching the edit (and the featurette) - been meaning to ever since it dropped. So much going on atm, but I'm endeavouring to see it this month if I can.

This edit was amazing! Wraith has certainly gone all out. The documentary is very revealing. Thanks for spending so much time and effort to create art that is mind blowing and showing us how you did it!
I only wish I could have share and show the real “meat and potatoes “…but that would ruin it!

Seriously, the spreadsheets alone….
Sometime you HAVE to keep a secret…
Some f@@@ing film reviewer just ruined the Shiang Chi Marvel movie for me by saying “unexpectedly blah blah fucking blah”
THANKS FOR THAT SHIT FOR BRAINS.

when are reviewers going to realise a plot synopsis is not a review!!!!!!!

Last edited:
ummmm....still...too funny...thanks to my own inquisitive mind and your transparency in discussing the edit, and your documentary, I know more about this edit and fanediting in general, than I ever thought I would. Thank you for that!

Humbled sir!
The more we share, the better…
But I didn’t ruin the movie, RIGHT?
And you already knew the story, huh!
Hence the strap line….

You couldn't have ruined it for me once the edit was completed because no amount of spoiler reveals could have prepared me. The reviews didn't even spoil it. I'm not sure all of them truly saw what I saw. 🤔

"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe" - Lex Luthor

UPDATE: REVISION

Thanks to bionicbob I have revised and removed the glimpse of Dr Fletcher from the edit. I have also taken the opportunity to remove a couple of flash-frames I spotted too. V 6.01 will be up in 24 hrs. UBER 52 GB and the usual MP4 circa 15 GB.

PM accordingly.

Thank you for your patience.

I thought some of that was intentional. I saw the flash frame of the warehouse and thought it was intended to cover up something that was difficult to edit. It did seem out of place at the end of that scene. Now I want to watch it a fourth time with an eye for that kind of detail.

EXCELLENT! you may spot a tweak or two? The "flash frame" is the COVID of fan editing! No one thinks they will get it...

Back
Top Bottom