• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Space Consecution

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SPACE CONSECUTION - The true fanedit Chronicles

What is it about? This DVD contains a series of 8 short FanEdits that explore Space as it was brought to us in so many famous movies. Each short FanEdit has been created by a different FanEditor using the many Science Fiction sources available: animation, TV series and motion pictures.

3D_spaceconsecution_art_by_boon23.jpg

original film name: 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Solaris (2002) , Sunshine (2007), Event Horizon (1997), Transformers (2007), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009), The Fifth Element (1997), AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004), WALL·E (2008), Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008), Airplane II: The Sequel (1982), Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
new film name : Space Consecution
film studio name : various
edit crew name : Adabisi, Blueyoda, Elbarto1, Gaith, M77, ThrowgnCpr, TMBTM, Uncanny Antman
Date Original Films Were Released : various
Date Edit Was Released : December 2009
Fanedit Runtime : about 120 minutes

Fanedit details:
The forum poll ran for 4 weeks, the decision was crystal clear: this time it was going to be SPACE. As usual the rules were strict: 1. has to contain space as an important part of the story 2. 18 minutes runtime 3. must have a logical plot. The faneditors could choose from the entire universe of Science Fiction movies to create their shorts, cut them down to the essence or create a new plot by meshing them up. Blueyoda was the one in charge of this project, helping wherever he could with suggestions and advise, but was also in charge of allowing and disallowing submissions. In the end 8 fascinating works of fanediting art made it on the DVD.

The list of shorts:
Adabisi - Humans Are Limited (using 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)) - 18:01
The crew of a spaceship is endangered by a super-computer.
Blueyoda -Humans Are Limitless (using 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Transformers (2007), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) and various other sources) - 17:58
A space mind trip on the evolution of evil and violence.
Elbarto1 - Klone (using Solaris (2002), Sunshine (2007), Event Horizon (1997) - 17:58
The depressing story of a lost and hallucinating astronaut.
Gaith - Star Wars: Episode 2.1 - Attack Of The Phantom (Totally Unofficial) (using unfinished and deleted scenes from Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)) - 4:41
A documentary about the impact of deleted scenes and a space chase in the Star Wars universe, created from deleted footage.
M77 - Mayflower Madness (using Airplane II: The Sequel (1982))- 17:39
The crazy and funny adventures on a tourist space craft that gets out of control. Beware if you run out of coffee.
ThrowgnCpr - Alien Elements (using The Fifth Element (1997) and AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004)) -18:18
When evil invades help comes from where no one would have expected it.
TMBTM - WALL-E Fantasy (using WALL·E (2008) and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001))- 9:13
A lonely cleaning robot desires to leave the rotten earth and takes the first chance he gets.
Uncanny Antman - Clone Wars - Aggressive Negotiations (using Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008))- 17:12
Cut off without reinforcements, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker must battle the Separatists' forces for control of the crystalline planet of Christophsis.

Intention for this fanedit: To show some awesome works of fanediting art from the space movie genre.

Additional Comment: All the faneditors would appreciate your comments, both on the entire project as well as on their contributions.
Time needed for the edition: 2 months
persons involved:
consecution idea: Mollo
faneditors: Adabisi, Blueyoda, Elbarto1, Gaith, M77, ThrowgnCpr, TMBTM, Uncanny Antman
cover art and DVD authoring: boon23
production, supervision, menu and trailer creation: Blueyoda

additional information: the utmost interesting IN THE WORKS thread

uploaded to Rapidshare and Megaupload

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool! Gonna watch it today. :)

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Even though I've seen all the shorts, I can't wait to sit down with the DVD box in my hands (great job, AvP!) and watch everything as a movie experience on my home theater. Hurray!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
blueyoda is a plonker :D

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The last consecution I watched was the Batman one and really enjoyed it. It's amazing what some of you guys can pull out of the bag. This was no different. Even down to the credits and DVD menus, it's really really impressive and I'm jealous that I don't have those skills!

Boon - really cool menu, mind divulging how you did that?

So, I'll say a few words about each one here and remember, it's just my opinion - someone else could have completely different thoughts.

TMBTM - Wall E Fantasy.
I quite liked this one, the integration with Final Fantasy was pretty cool. In fact, I didn't see it coming until Aki stepped off the ship. For me, there was one slightly funky edit when Wall E is running away from them after dropping the plant off. Other than that though, a cool little tale.

Thowgncpr - Alien Elements
Mashup time. I liked what you were trying to achieve here and for the most part, it definitely works. The predators visiting the archaeologist in the temple looked a little odd. I assume that the pyramid and this temple are all supposed to the same thing?

Adabisi - Humans Are Limited
No complaints here. For me at this stage, this was the best so far.

Uncanny Antman - Clone Wars - Aggressive Negotiation
As above, this was a nice clean, tight edit and enjoyable tale.

Gaith - Star Wars: Episode 2.1 - Attack Of The Phantom (Totally Unofficial)
I'm not sure I missed the point of this edit. We start with clips of various Lucas personnel talking about why there are deleted scenes and why they are cut etc. We see B&W images of various scenes that are present in the film and then we see the asteroid battle between Obi Wan and Jango. Was this fight an extended one? Or was your overall message that all Lucas's scenes are just fluff and he doesn't know his arse from his elbow? Especially when the comment is made that Lucas is very harsh with his material? Quick one this.

M77 - Mayflower Madness
This is a fun little one that's marred by a couple non-seemless edits and some plot holes:
Over asks Elaine if she's checked with the computer(she just has) and he says 'good', it's not seemless to the next shot.
Over gets poisoned, not seemless to the next shot and of course, it doesn't make total sense as Elaine is walking into the cockpit that's just been filled with poison.
Where did Striker suddenly come from?

Elbarto1 - Klone.
* See Adabisi.
Simply because I like the look and feel of Solaris over 2001, this one pipped Adabisi.

BlueYoda - Humans are limitless
Like rock music? :wink:

I'm not sure what to make of this edit. Whilst it was seemless, had some clever ideas and well edited - I was distracted by too many things:

- The appearance of Linkin Park at the start made me think that this was a music video. Then I saw it wasn't, so that was a little distracting - but I did enjoy the montage.
- More rock music on the establishing shot of the Discovery One - goes on a very long time, feels a little off.
- Star Trek ambient noises....
- During the interview, the background music seems overdramatic.
- Megatron? Is this meant to be a comedy? Why don't the crew care what he says?
- 13:57 - dialogue here is drowned out by the score, what are they meant to be saying?
- The appearance of BlueYoda's avatar. OK, in joke.

I guess I'm not your target audience BY.

Overall - enjoyed this anyway, despite my various niggles. The highlights were TMBTM, Adabisi and Elbarto1, which I feel tried to tell a simple story and mashed up where it worked easily. Of course, kudos out to Throw and BlueYoda for some daring attempts and indeed to you all for being involved. I'm jealous that I didn't now.

8/10.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
For me, there was one slightly funky edit when Wall E is running away from them after dropping the plant off.

Spoiler ahead:
Well... he's not running away from them, but he tries not to miss their leaving ship.
I did not have shots of the humans walking to the ship so Wall-E could have followed them, slowly.
It would make more sens than cutting to Wall-E running like hell, indeed. But I was off footages! :oops:

Now, my reviews
(I did not put it on the front page yet, for I'd like to watch some shorts a second time to make a final judgment:

Adabisi - Humans are limited: 8/10
A nice condenced version of the HAL plot of 2001, nice move to remove you know what to make it the final twist.
Although it would only really work for people who did not see the movie.

Blueyoda - Humans are Limitless: 8/10
I like Blueyoda's work, but sometime he goes too far. And his edits are more and more dificult to rate!
I think he's starting to loose me a bit here (and I heard a previous version of this short was even more weird!).
However, how bizarre this short is, it's not boring. I even laughed a couple of times and it was, as usual, very VERY creative.
I can't rate so much creative work less than 8/10, even if I'm not that fond of the final result.
I only wish he won't "imprison" himself in this kind of weird fanedits (well...I could say the same to myself about the "grindhouse" thing!).
But maybe I'm wrong, maybe people love weird things! I do!

elbarto1 - Klone: 9/10
One or two weird cuts (just in my opinion, a matter of taste... and of time I suppose!)
but overall a VERY well made and quite moving and haunting short.
The best of all, to me.

Gaith - Star Wars: episode 2.1: 6/10
It starts very funny, but the chase scene is a little whatever to me. Maybe the joke was to long, or I did not get it.
Funny idea though.

M77 - Mayflower Madness: 7/10
Obvious continuity problems, of course, but who really cares here, the humor is already so over the top!

ThrowgnCpr - Aliens Elements: 7/10
It starts great and it continues good, but I somehow wanted more; difficult to point exactely what.
Lots of work put in this short though.
(side note: I think I saw 1 or 2 "flash" frames maybe?)

Uncanny Antman - Clone Wars agressive negociations: 7/10
A very well made condenced version of this Clone War battle.
Pleasant to follow and technicaly flawless.
I guess it's the choice of the movie that is a bit of a letdown here to me, not the faultless edit.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
blueyoda said:
I knew AvP didn't have THAT much talent...

maybe i could say the same about you one day when you make covers :p

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
REVIEW
Keep in mind that this review is probably biased since this was my project.

This suffers from being too long for its punchline. I did laugh out loud at the end but I fear many people will fast-forward this one.
6/10

Blueyoda -Humans Are Limitless (using 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Transformers (2007), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) and various other sources) - 17:58
I can't rate my own entry; all I will say is that I hope this is well received. After my fanedit [fe] la vie, it's another one straight from the heart. I am sure that a lot of viewers will find it too long but I'm glad how it turned out. I secretly consider it a companion piece to Elbarto One's "Klone".

Elbarto1 - Klone (using Solaris (2002), Sunshine (2007), Event Horizon (1997) - 17:58
Although I gave the highest note to TMBM, this short hit me the hardest. It really touched a nerve and even moved me to tears. I'm sure many people will be put off by the slow pace but it's my personal favorite of the consecution.
9/10

Gaith - Star Wars: Episode 2.1 - Attack Of The Phantom (Totally Unofficial) (using unfinished and deleted scenes from Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)) - 4:41
This is difficult to rate. It's an homage to the Phantom Editor and it's well executed but I feel it needed a punchline of some kind. But thankfully it's short - as it should be - and doesn't distract from the rest fo the consecution. That it comes right after the Clone Wars edit feels right.
7/10

Although not terribly original, the source material is so funny that this comedic short works and is still a pleasure to watch.
7/10

ThrowgnCpr - Alien Elements (using The Fifth Element (1997) and AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004)) -18:18
Much needed action for this consecution from a very talented individual. Lean and mean, this must have been a nightmare to create seemlessly. ThrowgnCpr gets a ton of admiration from me.
8/10

TMBTM - WALL-E Fantasy (using WALL·E (2008) and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001))- 9:13
This wins the consecution for me. A very original idea, masterfully assembled by a talented editor. I'm not crazy about the title texts but that's a matter of personal preference. The whole thing is simply amazing.
10/10

Uncanny Antman - Clone Wars - Aggressive Negotiations (using Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008))- 17:12
Rock solid editing from the Uncanny one once again. I haven't seen any of the cgi Clone Wars cartoons so I have no idea how much work went into this but I'll give the highest compliment I possibly can, I think: It felt like Star Wars and gave me shivers in some parts. I was 7 years old again.
9/10

OVERALL SCORE: 7/10
This score might not seem to make any sense considering I rated most of the shorts higher but I feel that as a whole something went wrong. Perhaps the whole thing needed more action, I don't know. Perhaps more of an emotional focus? The first two consecutions were character driven (Batman, Zombies); the third one (and weakest in my opinion) was a theme and this one was a location (space). Perhaps one of the future consecutions should be an emotion (love / hate / friendship / etc...). The menus are okay but not stellar. The editor info section is very nice. Overall I'd consider this consecution a success, despite its shortcomings.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't say I wasn't looking for trouble with my short. It's [fe] la vie part two in disguise and a goodbye to ghosts of mine. All I can say is "Thanks for bearing with me". I will eventually explain the meaning in my "train of thoughts" thread.

My next fanedits will stear clear of such weirdness. Until I meet the next weird girl, that is. I'll give you a head's up. :smile:

The following review was cross-posted in the other Space Consecution Thread.

REVIEW
Keep in mind that this review is probably biased since this was my project.

This suffers from being too long for its punchline. I did laugh out loud at the end but I fear many people will fast-forward this one.
6/10

I can't rate my own entry; all I will say is that I hope this is well received. After my fanedit [fe] la vie, it's another one straight from the heart. I am sure that a lot of viewers will find it too long but I'm glad how it turned out. I secretly consider it a companion piece to Elbarto One's "Klone".

Although I gave the highest note to TMBM, this short hit me the hardest. It really touched a nerve and even moved me to tears. I'm sure many people will be put off by the slow pace but it's my personal favorite of the consecution.
9/10

This is difficult to rate. It's an homage to the Phantom Editor and it's well executed but I feel it needed a punchline of some kind. But thankfully it's short - as it should be - and doesn't distract from the rest fo the consecution. That it comes right after the Clone Wars edit feels right.
7/10

Although not terribly original, the source material is so funny that this comedic short works and is still a pleasure to watch.
7/10

Much needed action for this consecution from a very talented individual. Lean and mean, this must have been a nightmare to create seemlessly. ThrowgnCpr gets a ton of admiration from me.
8/10

This wins the consecution for me. A very original idea, masterfully assembled by a talented editor. I'm not crazy about the title texts but that's a matter of personal preference. The whole thing is simply amazing.
10/10

Rock solid editing from the Uncanny one once again. I haven't seen any of the cgi Clone Wars cartoons so I have no idea how much work went into this but I'll give the highest compliment I possibly can, I think: It felt like Star Wars and gave me shivers in some parts. I was 7 years old again.
9/10

OVERALL SCORE: 7/10
This score might not seem to make any sense considering I rated most of the shorts higher but I feel that as a whole something went wrong. Perhaps the whole thing needed more action, I don't know. Perhaps more of an emotional focus? The first two consecutions were character driven (Batman, Zombies); the third one (and weakest in my opinion) was a theme and this one was a location (space). Perhaps one of the future consecutions should be an emotion (love / hate / friendship / etc...). The menus are okay but not stellar. The editor info section is very nice. Overall I'd consider this consecution a success, despite its shortcomings.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still haven't watched the final product but hope to soon. I just wanted to say thanks for all your kind words about my short 'klone'. I really didn't expect it to be as well received as it has been and I am so very delighted to hear that people are enjoying it.
I cant wait to see the full dvd as soon as the holiday busy-ness settles down I'll give this a watch/review.
Thanks again to all the reviewers, viewers and fellow editors.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heres my review of Consecution 4: Space

TMBTM - Wall-E Fantasy: Great concept, well excecuted but lacks a solid ending. I deeply admire and respect your ability to mash up different sources so seamlessly TMBTM, well done sir! 8/10

ThrowgnCpr - Alien Elements: Another great concept that gives AvP a new spin. I loved the talking predator even if he had no mask but retained the vocalization HUD ;) sorry its the Predator fanboy in me. 7/10

Adabisi - Humans Are Limited: Loved it. As a fan of the original I can recognize that it drags into arty farty territory. This edit speeds up the meat and potato's and makes for a quick ride to the good stuff. 9/10

Gaith - Attack Of The Phantom: I dont fully understand this one. I gather that it is poking fun at Lucas and co for making a 5 minute plot into 3 films and filling them all with useless eye-candy. 5/10

Uncanny Antman - Clone Wars: Well edited condensed Clone Wars film. This cut retained all the good stuff while trimming the crap. I didnt miss "skyguy" at all. 7/10

M77 - Mayflower Madness: A funny condensed version of Airplane 2. Too bad this was just one big rehash of Airplane. I liked the effort but didnt find the humor very funny (subjective) 6/10

Elbarto1 - Klone: I of course like my short but refrain from reviewing my own work ;)

Blueyoda - Humans are Limitless - I loved this peice. Like all interpretive art, you run the gamut from love to hate. from confusion to understanding. while I cant say I fully understood it, I certainly loved it. humans are cocksure, foolhardy syccophants who (regardless of interstellar intervention) still manage to destroy themselves through the technology they create. many subtle personal references throughout - the b.y. avatar on the screens the xxxfelavie on slim pickens h-bomb and the quick cut imagery - result in total sensory overload which gave me chills throughout. I am sure I am in the minority here but I very much enjoyed this effort and feel you have crafted a peice of art in video form. 9/10

Overall I feel this was a fine success and while hindered slightly by the vague theme/limitations I feel everyone involved did a great job and delivered a varied/entertaining peice of pulp for the community. well done team. looking forward to the next project.

thank you :)

*Edit* - I fogot to mention the menus! they were very nice. I really liked the layout, transitions and the individual star wars crawls higlighting each participants work. I always wanted my own star wars crawl :smile:
Cheers!

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really had high hopes for this one considering the wealth of possible source material and the faneditors involved, but in the end I was very disappointed. Mayflower Madness and Klone were the only ones I really enjoyed and I think are the standouts in this collection.

Sorry if my reviews come across as harsh. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but theoretically the Consecution projects should be getting better as they progress and that's not happening. Let's change that with the next one.

Wall-e Fantasy
Nice little short and well edited, but it felt like it ended halfway through the story. 7/10

Alien Elements
Lots of motion blur in the video. Nice idea and well edited, but no real central characters to speak of or care about really hurt this one. A few nagging inconsistencies that bothered me as well. And the whole thing takes place on Earth. Which, I guess technically, is in space... 6/10

Humans are Limited
Not going to rate my own edit.

Aggressive Negotiations
Well edited, but the narrative can't stand on it's own and would be fairly confusing without knowledge of the greater Star Wars universe. 5/10

Star Wars: Episode II.I
Audio was out of synch with the video. Switches to black and white randomly. Not sure what the point of this one was. 1/10

Mayflower Madness
This was great. Provided some much needed comic relief. Lots of continuity mistakes but that's part of this type of comedy. Fits perfectly, whether it was intentional or not. Some of the editing could have been better, though. 9/10

Klone
Very well done. Nice condensed version of Solaris. Loved the ending. Unfortunately, more motion blur in the video and dialogue coming from all 5 channels instead of being isolated to the centre. 8/10, but easily a 10/10 without the technical issues.

Humans are Limitless
More blurry video. At this point I'm starting to think the issue is somewhere in the authoring process. Made me laugh in spots and I liked the general concept but it felt more like a bunch of youtube clips mashed together than a cohesive narrative. The music video at the beginning felt horribly out of place and I hate that song (but considering this is blueyoda I'm guessing that's the point) and the cut-off -in mid-sentence ending is just strange (again, I'm guessing that was the point). Good editing but 5/10 because it made me angry (which I'm sure was the point).

Menus
I liked the old school Atari 2600 look to them, but the font was so small it was barely legible and there was a lot of blank space that could've been used.

Overall, I'll give the project a 6/10.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
More blurry video. At this point I'm starting to think the issue is somewhere in the authoring process

I think it depends on the player.
I watched this at work today on my PC and many of the shorts looked lousy. mine had a blur and M77's was very stuttery. I popped the DVD in at home and everything looks alot better, most issues are gone.

thank you for the kind words about my short adabisi :smile:

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
I think it depends on the player.
I watched this at work today on my PC and many of the shorts looked lousy.
I can understand it looking off on a computer, but I never watch DVDs on my computer. Maybe I'm just more picky than most.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Humans are Limitless
More blurry video. At this point I'm starting to think the issue is somewhere in the authoring process. Made me laugh in spots and I liked the general concept but it felt more like a bunch of youtube clips mashed together than a cohesive narrative. The music video at the beginning felt horribly out of place and I hate that song (but considering this is blueyoda I'm guessing that's the point) and the cut-off -in mid-sentence ending is just strange (again, I'm guessing that was the point). Good editing but 5/10 because it made me angry (which I'm sure was the point).

Thank you very much for your review. The lengthiest of the bunch :smile: . It is VERY appreciated.

Top Bottom