• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Space Consecution

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
About my ending.

I added the little text at the begining of the movie to explain that
getting out of the earth was the thing Wall-E wanted the most.
So in the end Wall-E gets what he wants.
He gave the plant to the human girl because he listen to her say "I'm not leaving witout that life form",
and Wall-E wants to leave.

So it's true we don't know anything about the humans, or why the girl wants the plant etc.
However I feel the edit have an eding from Wall-E point of view:
future adventures awaits him now that he leave the earth.
It's an open ending if you will.

But I agree it can bring frustration.

I did rate this consection 8/10 overal.
I wanted to rate it 7/10 but I saw someone did rate it surely WAY under 5/10 without giving a review. -_-
So I gave the consecution one more point for it to not fall under the 5/10 mark so soon in the rating process
because even if it's not an incredible gem, this consecution is quite solid work and do not worths to be doomed so soon.

I'm all for giving bad rating to the edits you don't like, but under 5/10 needs a review,

It's the law
sylvester-stallone_judge_l.jpg

Adabisi said:
the narrative can't stand on it's own
For what it's worth, it wasn't supposed to stand apart from the Star Wars universe as a whole. Just to be an episode from season 1.

and would be fairly confusing without knowledge of the greater Star Wars universe.
No argument there. :)

TMBTM said:
About my ending.
I got your ending just fine. It's all spelled out in the opening text. That said, I did have to explain it to my girlfriend. She did the whole, "It's got no ending" thing too. :)

TMBTM said:
About my ending.

I added the little text at the begining of the movie to explain that
getting out of the earth was the thing Wall-E wanted the most.
So in the end Wall-E gets what he wants.
He gave the plant to the human girl because he listen to her say "I'm not leaving witout that life form",
and Wall-E wants to leave.

So it's true we don't know anything about the humans, or why the girl wants the plant etc.
However I feel the edit have an eding from Wall-E point of view:
future adventures awaits him now that he leave the earth.
It's an open ending if you will.

But I agree it can bring frustration.
I think the main issue people have with your short (as well made as it is) is that there's no real conflict.

1. Wall-e wants to leave Earth
2. He does.
3. The end.

You're right in saying that there are future adventures waiting for him, but since everyone knows there won't be a continuation of the story, they're left unfulfilled. It's like ending a movie when you get to the first plot point.

Imagine A New Hope went like this:

1. Luke hates boring life on Tatooine and wants to leave.
2. He meets Obi-Wan and Solo.
3. He leaves.
4. The end.

Uncanny Antman said:
Adabisi said:
the narrative can't stand on it's own
For what it's worth, it wasn't supposed to stand apart from the Star Wars universe as a whole. Just to be an episode from season 1.
I know it wasn't supposed to, but I just think for a short film to be effective, the viewer shouldn't have to rely on knowledge gained elsewhere (regardless of the fact that 99.9% of the audience of this short will have watched the SW films) to fully understand what's happening.

I have downloaded the Space Consecution last night and I will watch it as soon as I can. I will write a review and rate it once I have seen it.

I'm not sure whats going on with the motion blur. I've been away from home, so I haven't had a chance to properly check the DVD out, but I am quite sure that blurry video should NOT have been an issue with the version I submitted. Since there are a few shorts that may have this issue, I would assume its from the re-encoding of videos for the final DVD. It would surprise me since I think boon took care of it, but these things can happen.

That said, I'm getting pretty frustrated with the consecutions and the anticipation / reactions of each. I'm not sure what everyone is expecting, but I think its quite hard to hit the mark on whatever that is. The first consecution was successful for a variety of reasons: 1) people were on a Batman high. Fanboys were drooling for more. 2) It was something NEW and exciting. 3) the shorts were mostly well done. I really don't think the 3 following consecutions (as a whole) are all that different. However, peoples expectations have really changed things. I don't necessarily understand the notion that "every consecution should get better and better" If you have a high bar to begin with, you are setting unrealistic expectations. I think an entertaining group of edits on a cool DVD should be a valid expectation.

That said, I am strongly considering NOT participating in future consecutions. The hype, organization, and negative reactions is taking this far away from a fun community experience.

^I hear ya.

But I'll continue to take part (when I can) just 'cause it's fun. Reaction doesn't matter so much as whether it's enjoyable to do.

Yeah, I can see what you're talking about. It's a shame that it should feel like that, this should be fun. I still really like these things!

and it is getting big attention. Over 30 downloads in 2 days is pretty great.
People are talking about the consecutions, they care about them, so I think it is very worthy to still continue making them.
The rather bad ratings for space are a bit deserved though. IMO it lacked in many ways and I will put a lot of effort into the next one to let that not happen again.

I post the original idea that started this whole thing. I notice that the only rule about "narrative" seems to have been of little importance for the last two Consecution projects. I have yet to see Space Consecution but I have read reviews that state a lack of plot or narrative in some of the short FanEdits.

The fun comes from telling a story in a short amount of time. That was my objective. Not making it too easy but challenging at the same time. Batman and to a lesser extent Zombie held true to that simple and important rule.

It is sad to to think that someone as talented as ThrowgnCpr feels that the 'fun' has left the Consecution idea but a return to the franchise concept, the less lengthy time of each short and the objective of telling a story should bring that all important 'fun' back into future projects.

Mollo said:
BATMAN CONSECUTION: The True FanEdit Chronicles

This is a pretty broad idea and needs the participation of some talented Fan-editors.

What I was thinking was a DVD containing 8 or 9 Batman short films, each between 5 and 10 minutes approx in length and edited by different fan-editors. These short stories could be made from any of the Batman sources, movies, animated shows or even the Adam West series and presented in anyway the fan-editor wishes.

The only rule is that each Batman short must be a True FanEdit and have an individual narrative.

I know this is a long shot but it would be great to have one DVD that showcases some of the best that FanEdit.org Fan Editors have to offer and as Batman fever is in the air now could not be a better time.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4617&hilit=+consecution&start=0

I don't think anyone considers the first consecution as perfect. It was just the first of its kind.
As usual things have to develop and improve. No one wants more of the same.

boon23 said:
I don't think anyone considers the first consecution as perfect.

I agree and I am sure reviews reflect that.

boon23 said:
It was just the first of its kind.

Yes true...and I think the most coherent.

boon23 said:
As usual things have to develop and improve.

That is the desire but it has not happened.

boon23 said:
No one wants more of the same.

This is debatable because if we take Star Wars Fans, for instance, they appear to want more of the same. I don't think FanEditors like to repeat themselves much, even if they stay in a specific genre, like horror. Each contributor wants their short FanEdit to be different and I have read, in the past about FanEditors changing their ideas so as not to conflict with others. The only constant is the word, Consecution.

I sure would love to read a review by boon.
When he puts his reviewer hat on he has a laser-like perception that sees all. :)

Space Consecution: A Review by Mollo

As the DVD menu opens there is a really brilliant opening title sequence to the menu. This sets the tone for the project perfectly.

First up is:

Wall-E Fantasy by TMBTM

There is quite a contrast in the production design of Wall-E and Final Fantasy but the editing is very good, seamless. There are some excellent special effects created by TMBTM, which integrate the two sources very well. As for story, it is slight and felt like it ended too soon. That is a good thing right? 8/10

Alien Elements by ThrownCpr

A lingering opening credit starts an atmospheric short. The arrival to earth is done perfectly. Also the ending is beautifully cut. The opening Predator introduction where it talks feels a little rushed. Also the Predator POV's felt odd. Over all a good effort that shows moments of real perfection. 8/10

Humans Are Limited by Adabisi

I was expecting some more radical changes but there are none. It feels like a very long teaser trailer for the original. Still the editing is crisp and it has a story to tell. The ending worked well but some more time could have been spent on an opening and ending credit sequence. 6/10

Aggressive Negotiations by Uncanny Antman

Not being familiar with these animated films posed no problems. This is a fun an action-packed addition. It is seamlessly cut and more importantly I enjoyed it. The Jedi do seem totally invincible against all that hardware, so an element of threat is missing. I mean after the opening battle they are not even out of breath. 8/10

Star Wars: Episode II.I by Gaith

Is this the first documentary to make a Consecution? There are syncing issues and I am not sure what the point of the short is as the asteroid chase is featured in the theatrical? I am unsure how to rate this but as a part of Space Consecution it feels out of place. 2/10

Mayflower Madness by M77

It is always nice to has some comedy injected into the proceedings and I think it is harder to pull off. There are a few rough edits and most jokes fall flat in my opinion. The ending was what was needed. The decision to do an out and out comedy was a good one. 6/10

Klone by Elbarto1

This begins very well. I like the credits, very subtle, nice font and seamless. This short FanEdit grabs you and sucks you in. It works on a higher level and I really enjoyed it. I loved towards the end the dream and the integrated footage from Sunshine. The sound design was faultless too. Great ending. Great work Elbarto1, you should be very proud and pleased with yourself. Your skill and talent is ever growing. 10/10

Humans Are Limitless by Blueyoda

...and so to the last of the short FanEdits. Very nice opening logos with brilliant sound design. This begins so well and then turns into MTV?!!!? Maybe a better song would have helped but I think not. What am I watching? I struggled through but it simply appeared as a collection of images strung together with endless music and sound bites. Logic appears absent. Then Blueyoda purposely throws a spanner into the works by using his own icon. The final credit bears no repeating and is hard to take, for that alone I feel that this is the real shocker of the set. Still very good technique and sound design. A story would have helped. 5/10

As a whole this is not a bad collection of short FanEdits. It shows a lot of evolving talent particularly by ThrownCpr, Blueyoda and Elbarto1. Uncanny and TMBTM continue to prove their mastery of this medium. The brightest star for me is Klone by Elbarto1.

I enjoyed Space Consecution and that is the main thing isn't it?

wow. tears of joy.
thanks mollo, i am jacks elated sense of pride.
:)

a very nice review, Mollo.

Thank you. :)

....and thank you to all those that made the time to contribute to Space Consecution. I think it was well worth it.

Very nice review indeed. Good to have you back.

Overall pretty good, though I enjoyed "Wall-E Fantasy" & "Klone" the most. Regarding the second, it prompted me to watch "Solaris" (which I admit I had not seen before). The edit was much better than the entire film, as it bored me to tears. I was surprised there was no contribution from Boon himself, other than artwork and disc authoring.
I also would rate this 7/10.

Back
Top Bottom