• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

So, what's your favorite Science Fiction book?

While we're here, is Philip K. Dick your favorite author?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
really? how crappy is it that we have a classic german scifi film and europe doesn't??? weird.

Hurray!!! on amazon.uk is available!!! NTSC version but who cares!!!! :D

you're welcome... i hope you like it....
i think, for 1962... it's pretty fantastic... great classic scifi ;)

well.....I really enjoy old movies like Forbidden Planet. :-D

awesome... that's one of my favorite scifi movies ever.... love the 2 disc 50th anniv set ;)

Lem's Invincible is based on similar idea as Forbidden Planet is....... desert planet, unknown threat........but far better plot. Invincible is pure science with a little fiction elements.....and no fanatsy at all.....delicious :)

far better plot? that's difficult to believe my friend ;)
is tough to be "far better' than shakespeare's "the tempest"....
which is what forbidden planet is an adaptation of....
possibly better... but not "far better". ;)

believe me.......... far better....It is best sci fi book I read.....
Dont get me wrong. I love forbidden planet but it's plot is very theatrical......
it is some kind of advantage but failure too....if you know what I mean....

some great books are listed in this thread :) One of my all time favorite books is 'This is the Way the World Ends' by James Morrow. A fantastic read

Kaitain said:
Hello everyone my first post: Frank Herbert DUNE of course, but God Emperor was the worst book I have read.

Although you have to admit, God Emperor of Dune is the most bad ass title for a book ever.

I bought two Ben Bova's book today (Powersat and Moonrise) Did anyone read it? Review were cool.

Frank Herberts 6 dune books
Greg Bears Eon and Eternity
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Orson Scott Cards Enders Game Speaker For the Dead Xenocide and Children of the Mind (but not the new "Shadow of" books)
H.P.Lovecraft in general .... but i loved Shadow of Innsmouth and At the mountains of Madness and The Mound
Clark Ashton Smith in General .... but i loved The City of the Singing Flame and Murder in the Fourth Dimension and The Uncharted Isle
MP Sheils The Purple Cloud
Abraham Merritts Metal Monster
Carl Sagans Contact
Micheal Chritons Jurrasic Park, Congo and Sphere and Terminal Man
Philip K Dick - Do androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Flow My tears the policeman Said
Daniel Keyes - Florwers for Algernon

(i know its cheating because its not Sci-Fi but possibly my favorite book ever is American Psycho by Brett Easton Elis )

GyRo567 said:
Kaitain said:
Hello everyone my first post: Frank Herbert DUNE of course, but God Emperor was the worst book I have read.

Although you have to admit, God Emperor of Dune is the most bad ass title for a book ever.

Blasphemy! I have read GEoD at least 6 times ( I used to read the complete series of 6 once every) and loved it each time! :) (seriously, I have and I did)

Back
Top Bottom