• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rogues Alternate/Retro Cover/Poster thread/thread

untitled%20rogue_zpsebz89xbo.jpg~original

d227b386323ed57ef543d5e452d7bcf4.jpg

great work!

side note: holy hell that girl's ear gauges are huge!

Thanks man!

What are the ear gouges? On the drawing or the photo? I admit to lazyness for the face which resulted in its weirdness.

Rogue-theX said:
Thanks man!

What are the ear gouges? On the drawing or the photo? I admit to lazyness for the face which resulted in its weirdness.

ear gauges. On the photo. Like these:

52331a7c5322c.image.jpg

Oh those, lol, I though those were plain old earrings, holy!

That looks stunning. In fact it could even be...

32798048845_78832b425a_z.jpg

Thanks guys! I love the mockup, TM2YC  :cool:

When I was scrolling through, I thought your poster was legitimately from the 20's and we were going to see your version.  Once I scrolled down and realized I was already seeing your version, my jaw dropped.  Incredible work there @"Rogue-theX"!

I asked @Paulisdead2221 if it was okay if I posted this in here, but haven't heard back from him yet, but I don't think he'd mind and I haven't posted any new works in a while so here goes:
dracula%20silent%20poster%20rogue.1_zpslapln0og.jpg~original

Paul helped me figure out how to finish it: I was going to have Van Helsing where the castle is but after drawing his face unsatisfactorily (whoa, can't believe I spelled that right) 6 times I went with the castle instead. Not totally happy with Winona's face but there's only so much room on the page to work with, but I think her expression works well.

Wood panel (top is probably pine) with gunstock stain and some finish, and ink (in that order). Not sure if the finish is appropriate for the ink though, have to wait and see in a day or two if the ink will wipe off or not:
landscape%20ink%20on%20wood%20panel%20rogue_zps4l8iwqdh.jpg~original

chinook-sunsets-over-the-rockies-c2a9-christopher-martin-9926.jpg

Doing this practice piece too see if I can use the technique on some steampunk speaker boxes I'm working on.

Wow, very pretty stuff!  It gave me a very Bob Ross kind of relaxation while looking at them and just letting my thoughts wander into the art.

Speakers ITW, one of them anyways:
speaker1_zps10rw4j93.jpg~original

speaker2_zpshhvhqtvb.jpg~original

Yes I am making them out of pine, I don't need a lecture, make 'em like you want IMO. Am using weather stripping around the back so the back cover will fit real nice. I'll make the bass sub box out of mdf however, I'm not completely stupid, but I'll try and wrap the mdf in pine so it matches the rest, or something...

About that wood+ink piece I posted last, yeah the ink still wipes off, I'll have to find something else to finish the wood with before inking, you can put the ink on the raw wood but it will bleed into the grain so...

Back
Top Bottom