• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare (TM2YC Fanfix) - Restructure/Less fanservice

The scene is very good.  The removal of the scene between Darth Vader and Krennic appears to quicken the time frame a lot, and can appear slightly off to someone with the original in mind, but with that ticked off, the cut isn’t smooth and well executed, and works.

My idea about using the Vader Bacta tank scene later in the movie has worked out great but I need to do quite a bit of audio replacement on it. I wasn't planning on using anything other than Giacchino's music in this edit but a little bit of William's ROTJ score had to be deployed in this case ;) .

Titles? Ideas anyone?

Rogue One: Re-planned (Because plans)
Rogue One: Restructured (Probably implies a heavier edit that it actually will be)

Something that includes the re-sequencing element, or less Vader, or less-Fanservice maybe? But I don't know, I'm not feeling inspired, so any ideas really.

(I'm not looking for a "Rise of the Last Jedi from the Fall of the Shadows of the last Dawn" type title, by the way :D .)

Rogue Two? :p

Rogue One: Fan Serviced (ironic) 
Rogue One: Fans Unserviced (How it is) 
Rogue One: Resequenced

Rogue One: Rogue Cut (Implies controversy)

Rogue One: "Light" Speed Edition (Implies a light cut)

Might not be good for a light edit, but I've been thinking about how it fits, so:

Stardust: A Star Wars Story

I suggest something reminiscent of a WWII caper flick, or a classic Legends paperback...

"The Databanks of Scarif"
"Fire over Scarif"
"Galen's Legacy"
"The Erso Affair"
"Where Rebels Dare"
"Darkest Night"

etc.

Rogue One: Rerogued

The Scribbling Man said:
Rogue One: Resequenced

Rogue One: Rogue Cut

I should have thought of the first one and the second makes me grin (becasue X-Men).

theryaney said:
Stardust: A Star Wars Story

'Stardust' has got a nice ring to it but maybe not for this edit. I'd go for 'Rogue One: Stardust' though.

Gaith said:
"Fire over Scarif"
"The Erso Affair"

These two are good but this one...

Gaith said:
"Where Rebels Dare"

...made me genuinely chuckle :D . I love it! I once experimented with using the WED theme in my aborted SW:Workprint edit...

(Password: fanedit.org)

...so my brain bizarrely associates that film with Star Wars now.

Here is the front coverart that has been waiting on a title:

(click to see hi-res version)

Looks like I'm a bit late to the name game party. I was going to suggest Rogue One: Take Me To Your Death Star ;)

Rogue One: Cloak and Blaster
Rogue One: Rebel Assault
Rogue One: I Rebel cut
Rogue One: Focused, More Direct Edition

How about "Rogue One (TM2YC Fanfix) - No title yet. Restructure. Less fanservice"?

Really rolls off the tongue

TM2YC said:
btw, I just noticed that in R1 Cassian angrily says "I've been in this fight since I was 6-years old!" to Jyn. Since Diego Luna was about 36-years old when R1 was shot, that means the Empire has been in control of the Galaxy for a minimum of 30-years. Was this Gareth Edwards crafty way to de-canonise the PT (if you consider them canon) and re-allign events with the sane OT timeline. Naturally, Wookieepedia has Cassian as 26-years old to make his character as old as possible, while still making the ludicrous PT timeline lineup with R1. Wow the Rebellion has sure aged Cassian!  :D  (Not as badly as Ben, Owen, Beru and Anakin).

Notable, William Hartnell was only 55 when he played the Doctor. When David Bradley played the same version of the character in the most recent Doctor Who Christmas Special, he was 75. 

da2a5894fef6906db6376173f457f373--doctor-who.jpg

Some people have rough lives I guess.

^ Real life Time-Lord confirmed.

Here is what will be the first glimpse of Vader in this fanedit (The first and last 30-seconds of the clip are unedited and just uploaded for some context of where everybody is in the plot)...

(Password: fanedit.org)

- Recut scenes of Jyn and Cassian.
- Trimmed a couple of shots of the Rebels fighting.
- Inserted edited version of Vader Bacta-tank scene into just after Tarkin says "Inform Lord Vader", to imply that the scene is him being informed. Hopefully placing Vader's first appearance here is like a "Time to call in the big guns!" response to the Rebels assault on Scarif. Unlike in the original where Vader shows up in the middle of the movie for no good reason.
- Replaced soundFX and music for almost the whole Vader scene.
- The Mustafa establishing shots needed to be deleted to remove Krennic's shuttle. I originally intended to find a replacement but I now prefer us not being shown this is Mustafa, so we can imagine where he is for ourselves. With the set design it's more suggestive of his location being on a Stardestroyer, which is appropriate considering he arrives in one at the end.
- Added other soundFX to other places in the clip.

It is absolutely wonderful.  I believe you could add a bit more “oomph” sound to the opening doors of the Vader bacta tanka scene, but it is only a nitpick upon what is some beautiful editing

That is gorgeously done! I couldn't have thought it would have fit in so nicely!

TM2YC said:
I love it! I once experimented with using the WED theme in my aborted SW:Workprint edit...  so my brain bizarrely associates that film with Star Wars now.

I'm honored! :D

I love this. I think it works really well. I didn’t hate the scene with Krennic, but I hated the sound of JEJ’s voice. I’m also glad to be rid of the Mustafar shot. It seemed a little hokey to me. I’m not sold on the breathing. Maybe if it’s a little less prominent or it’s only heard when we’re close up on Vader, just a second later. I think the theme sells it without the need for the breathing. I don’t know, I guess I always associated the breathing with the mask. He’s obviously wearing some sort of respirator, but it just doesn’t seem to me that it would sound the same.

I'm with Moe on this one. Transition is great, but the breathing seems a bit too loud to be introduced. Perhaps sourcing an iron lung sfx for this scene or scuba gear would get the effect but in a slightly modified approach? The breathing also starts when he's still in the bacta tank which feels a bit off visually.

Back
Top Bottom