• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

RoboCop Reboot

Just to play devils advocate, isn't it body armor?

I guess what it comes down to for me is the name of the movie. If you call it Robocop, then you should at least make it look like Robocop. If you want to make a similar movie, call it something else.

At least Cameron had the common sense to not name his movie Dances with Wolves.

Like I said before, I don't mind if they go in a different direction, and, honestly, if you're going to re-do RoboCop you better do something different, otherwise it's a pointless retread. But, yeah, this looks like body armor. But the movie is RoboCop. So he should at least look robotic.

captain americop.

More devil's advocate...

Looking at the second photo more closely, it looks like they're doing a close-up shot from the neck up. So maybe they just had the actor wear the first layer for that shot.

Look at it. His right hand has no glove. Obviously the final costume will be more than what we're seeing.

Cross-examination...

Come on, if it was just a close-up shot of the neck up, why would he even wear a costume from the neck down? If it was really a shot intended for the neck up, they would have put the final chest piece on him in case the camera picks up anything below the neck.

Your witness...

Maybe the director doesn't know what he's doing? Let's look at the teaser poster...

225px-RoboCop_Teaser_Poster.jpg

Shit.

I subject.
Me object.

:p

Neglify said:
More devil's advocate...

225px-RoboCop_Teaser_Poster.jpg

That looks like a poster for mass effect 3, hell the armor kinda looks like a variant of the N7 armor

Just my thoughts

Shit.[/QUOTE]

No doubt the score will be some lame Han zimmer-rip off piece of crap instead of Basil Poledouris awesome score.
grrrr.... :mad:

greenpenguino said:
No doubt the score will be some lame Han zimmer-rip off piece of crap instead of Basil Poledouris awesome score.
grrrr.... :mad:

This. For better or worse, Nolan is the in-thing to imitate to death in the next few years. Me, I can't wait until the goddamn trend dies.

^ /giggle that really made me laugh.

it looks too much like so many other things and absolutely nothing like robocop.

its just one of those iconic things about the original that shouldnt be changed dramatically. its like remaking total recall and....
...right. nevermind.

I dont know. I think that most people that would be into seeing a movie called robocop are young enough to remember the original suit and/or would be fans of the original enough to not want to see it so drastically altered. who am i kidding, most people wont give a crap:

sweet nanosuit broseph! robo looks like crysis/batman/generic so is sooperkewl dur dur dur.

yeah, i'm not impressed with the new suit whatsoever. somehow i'm not expecting greatness with this at all. which for the most part, think i'll be sticking with the original film and possibly avoiding this altogether.

It actually looks better than I expected. But not as good as I'd hoped. But I think I'll actually give it a chance now.

Back
Top Bottom