• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Return of the Jedi - The Spence Edit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Retrurn of the Jedi - hmm yeah, that's a good title I agree, but I think I heard it before;-)

This drastically and different edit deserves something new...something original (as in the original title) and some revenge on Lucas for bringing in the ewoks and his 'revenge' theory (Besides, Luke does take revenge..eye for an eye...hand for a hand:)

But you are the editor, so whatever the title is going to be I cannot wait to see this 'Revenge of Spence' edit.

OK, I'll quit lobbying now....good luck Spence!!!

I always thought the last film should have been called Balance of the Force. I know it's been used previously though.

I still think you should use "Redemption of the Jedi".

Like I said previously it works on two levels, the first being the plot & second the edit itself.

im liking the "Redemption of the Jedi" title. maybe we'll go with that. I have no idea how to do a new scroll though.

Basically do the complete opposite of mine :lol:

I use to use Adobe Affter Effects but Aztek463 recommeded "BluffTitler", which is easy to use if you follow the tutorial before you start.

Here's a link to the site http://www.blufftitler.us/

I haven't mastered BluffTitler yet so I can't send you a template for the scrowl, sorry. But I sure someone out there can help you.

Here's some font links Aztek463 gave me.

http://www.blenderwars.com/tut.php?module=crawl
http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/postpr ... pening.asp

yeah im gonna need some help, im not good with this sort of stuff.

spence said:
yeah im gonna need some help, im not good with this sort of stuff.

Hey, I'd be glad to it for you. Just email me what you want it to say.

For a title, how about "Return of the Jedi, Dewoked Edition". :)

You know, I honestly think i'm just gonna leave the title as "Return of the Jedi". I've never really had a problem with it, or the opening crawl. I don't want to change things I actually like. Also, this would just delay the relase date, and i want to get this out there! (it's the same reason i dropped the idea of adding a shot of Bobba Fett)

Also, this might be a bit controvertial, but I'm leaving the celebration scenes on the different planets (cloud city, coruscant, naboo, etc.) as well as Hayden Christensen as Anakin's ghost. I've always liked these little bits of continuity between the new trilogy and the old, and it's my edit, so i'm leaving it!

i kinda think the celebration stuff on different worlds is cool too... but i was never a fan of replacing anakin with a shot of hayden christensen..... just really distracted and took me out of the moment. we just saw sebastian shaw as the old anakin skywalker, and he was turned back to the light side at the time of his death... so why wouldn't he be standing there instead of a version of him from 30 years ago? i didn't even think they fit hayden in there very well effects-wise... his glow effect looks very different to me. sorry, that's my rant about that... lol sorry, spence.

Even if you had Hayden appear and then morph into Shaw, now that would be the best of both worlds. Not perfect but acceptable.

I'm with Lewis on this. Sebastian Shaw is the way to go.

But I don't think it has been 30 years, since Luke was just born when Anakin became Vader. And in the film he's supposed to be 16 years old? Unless the twins were carbon frozen for an extra 20 years.

Does Alec Guinnes morph into Ewan McGregor? Doesnt it follow that if Vader becomes the Younger Anakin, wouldnt Kenobi become the young Kenobi?

I don't know of any effect I hate more than morphing.

Why don't you use every actor thats ever played Anakin/Vader. That way you could place Sebastian Shaw next to Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen gives Alec Guinnes the thumbs up while Jake Lloyd could be hanging out with Yoda

killbillme said:
Does Alec Guinnes morph into Ewan McGregor? Doesnt it follow that if Vader becomes the Younger Anakin, wouldnt Kenobi become the young Kenobi?
If you want to wax Lucas, no, it doesn't. The by-the-books reason for young Anakin is that is how he looked when he truly died and became Darth Vader and not the light-side Jedi, Anakin Skywalker.

Still, though, it's a stupid change and I think that if that same logic needs to be followed, Anakin redeemed himself and should be Sebastian Shaw.

I believe it's the way they(Obi-Wan,Yoda and Anakin) chose Luke to see them one last time. They are one with the force now and can chose any form they want. If Luke only knew me as an old man then i would say good bye to him in my old man form, it doesn't mean i am an old man. Same with Anakin....if my son only knew me as scar ridden monster then i would appear to him before any of that happened. I agree with you Spence leave in Hayden.

im still undecided on it actually.

after some consideration i've decided to put Shaw back in.

the reasoning for this, mainly, is that 98% of this edit uses the original versions, without any of the special edition shots save for the end celebrations. Just to keep everything sort of flowing, it works a lot better. I showed the ending both ways to a few people, and they all said go with Shaw.

Plus, that's the last shot of my edit before the credits, i don't want it to be of that whiny bihatch Christensen!

The first dvd has been made, im just checking everything now to make sure theres no tech issues. Should be up by friday.

I also want to announce that my next two edits, assuming I don't find anything else that I really have to immediately jump on, will be the film noir version of Revenge of the Sith, and my own version of Spider-man 3 titled Peter Parker: Spider-Man.

Back
Top Bottom