• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Return of the Jedi - The Spence Edit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

ReverendBeastly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, his work with removing things without leaving a trace is quite remarkable. I wouldn't put it past him to be adept at adding previously absent imagery.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great! I'll shoot him an e-mail!

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a quick thought. Could you (if possible) make Han Solo less of a girl in your edit? I've just remembered Solo was kinda wimpy in Jedi. If you can get rid of the ewoks & make Solo a man again that would be great.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by removing the ewoks, most of the silliness that was involved with solo is cut. it's not all cut however, as i feel his character was really just poorly written in this installment (in fact, i think most of the movie is poorly written, but what can you do?)

jeff

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never really was a fan of the Ewoks, so, I'm looking forward to this..

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
all that's really left to do is get the ewok sound effects out. any suggestions?

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, you could try EQ'ing them out... seems like they would be a fairly narrow band of frequencies... might hurt the surrounding audio a bit... but just use a separate track with separate EQ for the times you need to extricate the ewok sounds......

you could also try EQ'ing a track so you only leave the ewok sounds, as much as possible, and inverting the phase and playing it overtop of the original... and that might cancel out most of the sound.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would like to see a pitch shift on the ewoks. it would be very intersting if they sounded like BIGFOOT as opposed to smurfs.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i've managed to work around the ewok sounds, everything is pretty much done. I'm going to recheck everything and then you'll probably see this released next week.

Here's some info:

original run time: 2 hrs. 16 min.

new run time: 1 hr. 38 min.

Changes:

* The ewoks are completely gone. Never seen or heard at any point. They never existed.

* Some of Han Solo's scenes have been cut to make him less of a pussy. He's no longer worried about Leia loving Luke, there's no jealousy. They already know they love each other from Empire, so why is he questioning it here?

* A lot of scenes I found to be a bit pointless are gone. Little bits of dialogue and parts of scenes get removed.

* The band at Jabba's palace sequence has been cut. It was either the really crappy puppetry of the original version or the really crappy cgi of the special edition. I just elected to remove the whole thing. The Rancor is a bit more of a surprise now too.

* Han does not kill Bobba Fett by accident. He deliberately hits him. Also, we no longer see Bobba Fett fall into the Sarlaac pit, so the idea that he's still alive in EU makes more sense.

For those interested, I used OCPmovie's classic editions as my basis, but I pulled from all different versions of the film.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds very interesting spence. i am looking forward to this one. i never really had too much of a problem with the ewoks, personally, but i'm always interested in seeing a new take on things.... and there always did seem to be some awkwardness in jedi... am glad you were trying to deal with that in other places as well. kudos, man. i'll be waiting for the torrent ;)

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I definitely like Han Solo's editing part.....superb!!!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am so excited you did this, spence.

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
* Han does not kill Bobba Fett by accident. He deliberately hits him. Also, we no longer see Bobba Fett fall into the Sarlaac pit, so the idea that he's still alive in EU makes more sense.

I actually like both IG-88's and Dengar's stories in Tales of the Bounty Hunters... >_>

Silly as they are, I'm perfectly fine accepting the idea that a high tech metal suit with survival features like oxygen could protect a man from digestion.

EDIT: But I strongly agree with the other changes and look forward to seeing the new Han/Leia storyline unfold! To have the Trilogy restored to complete perfection (one that was always slightly flawed in its 3rd act from the beginning) is something I have awaited for a long time.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ive got a few technical hiccups, but in general im pretty pleased with my finished first cut. This should be up very soon!

DragonAngel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think if the digestive fluids take a thousand years to get you, the problem is surviving the boredom of being stuck in a giant belly with no way out. The acid would probably be less painful than being submerged in vinegar. But someone with a jetpack and a blaster and rockets should have no problem escaping.

So glad this edit is going to be released for real!

barnephiliac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to this very much Spence!

Have you decided on a title yet? If not, I hope ?Revenge of the Jedi? is still in the game. The original ?revenge? trailer(s) could be added as a bonus then?.with the ewoks edited out of course;-)

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't decided on a title yet, I honestly quite like "Return of the Jedi". I actually kind of agree with Lucas' "Jedi don't take Revenge" theory.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How about:
Rise Of The Jedi

bat-fink

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love return of the jedi, but cant wait to see this version.

As for a name what about...

REBIRTH of the JEDI

or even... DEATH OF THE DARK LORD

VICTORY of the JEDI

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
how about "Episode 6: In which the jedi come back and kick some A$$"
lol

Top Bottom