• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

New Shows

Nope: Gotham and Constantine are both no-gos until the reviews turn amazing. Not holding my breath. :p

I thought you were just listing current comic book TV shows, not ones you were watching. Gotham is really good, you should give it a chance.

Watched the second episode of CONSTANTINE and I think it will be my last. It's not a bad show, but it's not great either. Sat through it and just did not care about the characters or the plot... just ho hum meh.... if you want something similar, Sleepy Hollow is far slicker, scarier and more entertaining.

bionicbob said:
Watched the second episode of CONSTANTINE and I think it will be my last. It's not a bad show, but it's not great either. Sat through it and just did not care about the characters or the plot... just ho hum meh.... if you want something similar, Sleepy Hollow is far slicker, scarier and more entertaining.

Sleepy Hollow is funny, which Constantine is not.

I get that it's a comics thing, but his tie just makes him look like a clown - it's a proper knot, but way out of place. Who does that? And if there's a practical reason behind it, like preventing demons from choking him or something, why wear a tie at all? I mean, if he only loosened it at night, that might work. But in full daylight? Huh?

normal_scnet_constantine1x03still_007.jpg

Netflick's new epic MARCO POLO (10 episodes) premiered this past weekend. I am on episode 6 and I am thoroughly enjoying the series so far. Amazing cast, beautiful cinematography, costumes and set design... tons of court intrigue and some cool kung fu too!
Historically accurate? shrug....:p but solid entertainment! :thumb:

^ Was surprised to see this was renewed for a second season, what with the blah critic reviews and mammoth budget. Not gonna lie, I myself am not intrigued.

^^ Damn that looks amazing, wish I still had Netflix. Yay it stars Comic-Actor Benedict Wong...

Man Seeking Woman (FXX)

I am liking this new program. (That's Bill Hader as AH.) I mean, not one but two mentions of Carnivàle in the first five minutes... it's practically daring me not to like it. It's sort of like a late-20s version of Louie, but without the standup and with just about ever scene having several totally surreal moments.

Vultural said:
Been watching Penny Dreadful, which has held my interest.

penny-dreadful-renovada-segunda-temporada.jpg

I have the feeling - and not all the time - that they are trying too hard.
Definitely got that Gothic ~ Steampunk look down, and I don't hate Josh Harnett as the token Yank.

Having heard many of friends rave about this series (I don't have Showtime and it does not air on Canadian Netflix) I have always been curious about this series.  Last weekend, found season one on sale at HMV for 10 bucks, so on a lark I picked it up.  And I am glad I did.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!

My wife and I binged watched the entire 8 episodes in a day and then I ran down the next day to buy season two at full price...lol.

It has similarities to Allan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (the comics, not the movie).... the lives of the great literary horror characters of the 19th Century tangled and intertwined as they battle a greater, darker evil.   Very compelling and brutal at times.  Both subtle and extravagant, while providing fresh takes on classic characters and yet staying true to the core elements.   We found it completely addicting.

Thank goodness, I have less than 4 weeks til season three is released!  :D

Tried to watch the new rebooted MacGyver tonight.... I only lasted 30 minutes and then switched channels to watch THE GOOD PLACE (which was super funny!!!)...

MacGyver struck me as slickly formulaic.   Not that the original was Shakespeare or anything, but this just seemed too conventional and by the numbers.  But I might give it another episode since apparently the pilot was heavily recut and reshot when James Wan joined the production and may not be representative of the series proper.

After watching the terrible MacGyver remake pilot last week, I thought I would torture myself again by watching FOX's LETHAL WEAPON reboot....

...and surprise, it isn't terrible!!!

I missed the pilot, so this was the second episode in, but it recapped everything quickly in the first few moments and was very easy to follow along.  The episode was action packed, directed by McG, and looks gorgeous, capturing the feel of LA the same way the first two movies did.   The plot was standard introductory procedural mystery, elevated by the character beats and action scenes.

The stand-out was the performance of Clayne Crawford as our hero Martin Riggs.  He brings the right balance of likeable unstable/sad/tortured crazy to the role.

Daman Wayans as Murtaugh?  Well he ain't no Danny Glover, thats for sure.  I never cared for him as an actor, but in this role I found him enjoyable and he has a good rapport with Crawford.

The police side supporting cast are all generic and uninteresting.   But the Murtaugh family, just like in the movies, are highly enjoyable and steal their scenes.

One silly nitpick, Murtaugh does not use a Smith & Wesson revolver like he did in the movies.

So not a fantastic show, but surprising enjoyable and ripe with potential.   I will definitely check out the next few eps.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifgr4DVbB3c[/video]

Not sure if this should go under New TV Shows or not, it is I believe a Webseries and everything is digital  these days....

The competition between Shared Comic Book Movie Universes has a new player, move aside Marvel and DC, and make way for VALIANT COMICS!

Now Valiant may not have the immediate mainstream brand recognition of as Marvel or DC, but it has been publishing probably the BEST WRITTEN superhero comic verse since its relaunch back in 2012.  

Valiant has already announced plans for movies, but to pave the way they are launching a digital series to introduce their characters to a wider audience.    

And they hired BAT IN THE SUN to produce them!!!!!!!!!!    I have said repeatedly over the years that DC or Marvel should hire these guys as they make the BEST onscreen adaptations ever done.  Their Batman stuff is incredible!!!   

So I am very excited for this project.  :D

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQcLClgLfkg[/video]

Both Frequency and Timeless are worth checking out.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Growing up, the first book series I remember hungrily reading was the OZ series by Frank L Baum... I loved these stories!  In many ways, this was my Harry Potter as a little kid.  Thus, I have always been interested in the many various onscreen interpretations of this beloved book series.

NBC has the newest addition to the OZ mythology, called THE EMERALD CITY, it sort of looks like a OZ meets Game of Thrones... LOL.
Who knows it might be good....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRCKdYORpiE[/video]

The trailer reminds me of the Sci-Fi mini called TIN MAN from a few years ago.... I really enjoyed that series and was always sorry it never continued with more adventures.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUWyDjuHEC0[/video]

The Tin Man miniseries was great! I'll definitely give Emerald City a try, but hopefully they do something refreshing with the universe.

Back
Top Bottom