• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Michael Bay's TMNT

[video=youtube_share;nCjsWpM9zFU]

Well that was... I don't quite know. Not looking forward to this one.

These are my thoughts on the bad trailer:

Bad trailer.
Doesn't look right.
Doesn't inspire any feelings of excitement in me.
Looks like something I'd put on if I wanted to fall asleep real fast in the afternoon.

I don't know what to think. It isn't as horrid as I imagined it would be. I'm slightly bothered by the suggestion that they intentionally made mutant turtles - seriously, of all the animals you could mutate into super warriors, turtle is not one of them... I'm hoping there is still some sort of accident linked to the origin. meh, won't give this any more thought until I watch, and I will when it hits DVD.

I don't know about y'all but Im pretty interested in it. IMO its got alot of that Bay-Transformers feel to it that I hoped would he wouldn't bring to TMNT, but I really dig the turtles and looks like Megan Fox will do April justice, despite my disliking of her casting earlier.
Im psyched for this. Finally, a Bay film I think I'd genuinely love since Bad Boys.

It looks like crap. I felt like I was watching the Transformers trailer, but with cgi turtles instead of cgi robots. And it's even got Megan Fox in it too. He better dazzle me with the next trailer, because so far I am wildly unimpressed.

I'm definitely glad I saw it because I've been waiting a long time to see the trailer for this flick.

I also definitely will not be spending the dough on this one. I'll catch it on Netflix.

MWRK said:
I don't know about y'all but Im pretty interested in it. IMO its got alot of that Bay-Transformers feel to it that I hoped would he wouldn't bring to TMNT, but I really dig the turtles and looks like Megan Fox will do April justice, despite my disliking of her casting earlier.
Im psyched for this. Finally, a Bay film I think I'd genuinely love since Bad Boys.

I would have to agree that after seeing this trailer, I'm pretty interested in seeing this. This has moved from a rather meh to a more looking to see what comes from it. It has a great chance to be terrible. But I have a feeling that this may not necessarily be the case.

bbbbbbbbrrrrraaaaaammmmm!!!!!

Now this trailer has moved my excitement from non-exsisting to meh. But here are a few noteworthy things:
-The foot clan wears the Persian warrior masks from 300 apparently
-The thing about intentionally making the Turtles is stupid
-Megan Fox sucks
-Do the turtles have penis shaped heads or something?
-This doesn't feel anything more than Bayformers, but with turtles instead of robots...

I have said it before, and I will say it again. If you want to see something TMNT related that is actually great, check the new CGI Nickelodeon show. You are welcome

I hated every second of that. Is all the flashing supposed to induce an epileptic fit?

They gave the turtles semi-realistic "turtle" proportions, which simply does not work well with a humanoid body structure. The shells are just far too large, even considering they increased their size from about five feet to well over six. They also gave them lips, which was surely a move towards expressiveness, but only serves in increases the the uncanny valley.

They also made Shredder white. Come on. (Some are speculating that April's father will turn out to be Splinter, which would make him white as well)

I'd like to think the explanation for making Shredder white is because having an asian villain would not do well for Chinese box offices. That's not a justification, just a humanization. If they wanted to justify it, they would have Oroko Saki in the film, but make him a man filled with deep regret and make Eric Sachs his estranged, adopted son who inherited everything (including the Foot clan) when his father "died."

Also, wow, they really did life the origin wholesale from The Amazing Spider-Man. That's not a good sign.

g1orkatsos said:
I have said it before, and I will say it again. If you want to see something TMNT related that is actually great, check the new CGI Nickelodeon show. You are welcome

I am proud to say I am amongst the 15% on this planet who thinks the Nickelodeon show is absolute juvenile rubbish

it isnt a patch on the first five seasons of the show that ran on 4Kids from 2003-2009

Zarius said:
I am proud to say I am amongst the 15% on this planet who thinks the Nickelodeon show is absolute juvenile rubbish

it isnt a patch on the first five seasons of the show that ran on 4Kids from 2003-2009
Well each one with his opinion i suppose :p
While i also really like the 2003 series (though indeed after season 5 it went down the crapper), in my opinion the 2012 embodies the best of both worlds. the serious moments from the 2003 mixed with the goofiness and fun of the original show. And i think it pays great respect to the overall turtles mythos. Plus with a concept that is so ridiculous (i don't know what the creators were smoking but i want some!), i prefer a more.... "fun" approach. Again, just my opinion, and yours is respected too.

g1orkatsos said:
Well each one with his opinion i suppose :p
While i also really like the 2003 series (though indeed after season 5 it went down the crapper), in my opinion the 2012 embodies the best of both worlds. the serious moments from the 2003 mixed with the goofiness and fun of the original show. And i think it pays great respect to the overall turtles mythos. Plus with a concept that is so ridiculous (i don't know what the creators were smoking but i want some!), i prefer a more.... "fun" approach. Again, just my opinion, and yours is respected too.
That and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the 2012 cartoon actually ACT like f**kin' teenagers. I've never seen the 2003 series, but I have seen the director's cut of Turtles Forever, and while those turtles were serious-minded, they were so serious that they came off like young adults, minus the occasional mention of "what the shell/we're for ADULTS, man!!!!"

In contrast, I bought the entire '87 series, and if the first five episodes were any indication, would not be too hard to mistake for kids or tweens. Seriously, in one episode, April actually reads the turtles a bed time story! A BED TIME STORY, I say!

Speaking of this and The Amazing Spider-Man, it's really interesting how ideas that work in one incarnation feel reductive or less inspired than used in another work. For Amazing Spider-Man, it's taking Electro getting his powers from eels like in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon (I REALLY need to watch that series, including the first three episodes I saw), whereas with TMNT,
people are crying foul at the possibility of April being Splinter's daughter, whereas the 2012 cartoon pretty effectively make Shredder's daughter Karai into Splinter's biological daughter.

g1orkatsos said:

I was interested in checking that cartoon out, but then I saw the trailer and I just can't get past the animation. I really, really, really hate the cgi style that they're using for it.

Nic said:
I'd like to think the explanation for making Shredder white is because having an asian villain would not do well for Chinese box offices. That's not a justification, just a humanization. If they wanted to justify it, they would have Oroko Saki in the film, but make him a man filled with deep regret and make Eric Sachs his estranged, adopted son who inherited everything (including the Foot clan) when his father "died."
The Shredder is Japanese. The Chinese hold a strong hatred for Japan, so I can't see that as a legitimate justification for the white-washing.

Screen Junkies chat about the trailer...

...they're a little bit more positive.

Back
Top Bottom