• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Michael Bay's TMNT

I hate cgi when practical make-up/effects can be used. Having the turtles be guys in suits like in the originals would add some charm to the movie. I never saw the third or fourth film, but loved the first two. Anybody remember the soundtrack for the first film? It was released on tape in four different colors. Each one corresponding to one of the turtles colors.

Frantic Canadian said:
Anybody remember the soundtrack for the first film? It was released on tape in four different colors. Each one corresponding to one of the turtles colors.

Hell yeah son!

Okay I think the turtles and Splinter will be from Earth. Krang will have the ooze had for some reason it goes from Dimension X to Earth.There it will hit the turtles and their master.Bay said they were working closely with one of the creators of TMNT.

jamesianozi said:
Okay I think the turtles and Splinter will be from Earth. Krang will have the ooze had for some reason it goes from Dimension X to Earth.There it will hit the turtles and their master.Bay said they were working closely with one of the creators of TMNT.

Thank god if this is true. Turtles that come from space sounds really bad. I'm much more okay with ooze from space mutating regular turtles. For some reason.

I don't get why Michael Bay is emphasizing how "real" it will seem to kids. When I was a kid, the cartoon was real.

So was this:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles.jpg

Another franchise highly likely to be ruined, and yet millions will go see it! The market has spoken.

I can't see the video. The loading loop just keeps going around in a circle. Chances are I probably won't be able to see it either since it's probably only viewable to users within the US. Has anybody outside the US watched the video on the link Throw provided?

Frantic Canadian said:
I can't see the video. The loading loop just keeps going around in a circle. Chances are I probably won't be able to see it either since it's probably only viewable to users within the US. Has anybody outside the US watched the video on the link Throw provided?

Video Description:
Don't worry, there is nothing to see. Its a youtube video of a humping turtle

Swarles said:

:p

Yeah, saw that on the news today. :lol: Glad to see I'm not the only one pissed that Anne Hathaway was cast as Catwoman. :lol:

Thanks for reminding me why I never watch the guy with glasses. Annoying, stupid, and not funny at all.

Kevinicus said:
Thanks for reminding me why I never watch the guy with glasses. Annoying, stupid, and not funny at all.
I found that video hilarious! anyone with his oppinion i guess :)

I'm with kevinicus. Even when I agree with him, he kinda annoys me.

Third'd. I'm not a fan of the guy, and it has nothing to do with his opinions, with which I too mostly agree.

Really, he's just an amateur actor and his character isn't believable. His most memorable line is poorly delivered every time (Bat Credit Card?! Bat Credit Card?! etc). I don't buy that he's actually that mad all the time or that's "just the way he is". It's obviously an act and therefor something I could do, and therefor not that impressive. There's a lot of down time between his main points where he's thinking of what he's going to say next, but that should have been planned ahead of time. That time doesn't seem detrimental from the perspective of the actor, but to the audience it's like a reset button, back down to 0 on the laugh meter. There's a reason stand up comics have joke routines they deliver in specific ways with audience-tested timing during and between the jokes. It's because it's all a big buildup to the final big laugh. Nostalgia Critic has no real routine or formula for comedy but for some reason still feels simultaneously pre-scripted and unrehearsed.

I prefer Harry Plinkett, though I concede that the two are different in most ways, the goal is the same: to complain about things in a funny way. That character is believable, the actor doesn't stutter (unless he's doing it in-character), there's no down time (sometimes not enough time to even finish sentences before moving on which leads to some hilarious results). His most memorable line (OOOH my GAWWWD) cracks me up every time because of how genuine it sounds.

I'm kinda picky though with comedy. Not intentionally. It's just that that kind of act (making fun of nerds while trying to make fun with them) really has to seem legitimate to make me actually laugh.

All that said, I do agree with the Nostalgia Critic most of the time and this case is no different. As soon as I saw Michael Bay I thought "Baysplosions" and stopped listening. I'll look at it when we see screenshots. I'm sure a trailer will come out relatively soon and look badass, April O Neill will be OMZGSUPERHOTT and just like transformers 2 and 3, we'll all be duped into thinking maybe it will be Kiiiiinda cool. Come opening day, I expect a shallow, action-packed mess. I really enjoyed transformers 1 due to it not having a "love story". Yes there's a guy and a girl, but they don't even kiss the whole time, and they're just kind of stuck in that situation together with giant robots, and it's almost poignant. T2 came along and ruined it all with the relationship crap. I don't mind relationships in movies when they're done with a little tact, but Bay can't do it. Pearl Harbor was a good world war 2 movie with a horrible love story thrown in, for example. What I'm saying is that if they keep the love story idea out (which is hopeful since it is Turtles and not Ninja People) it might at least be an entertaining action flick. We won't know until Bay expands on his "everybody chill" comment what direction he actually takes it.

Back
Top Bottom