• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Matrix Revolutions: The Epic Edition

Hey, just looked this one up and am looking forward to a viewing. I watched a different 'both sequels in 1 movie' effort by a different editor a while back and felt it didnt work... Cautiously optimistic with this one! Will download and post a review soon.

FWIW I have this on my hard drive but not sure when I might get to it.

For the first time since June (or whenever this got officially released), I sat down and re-watched my edit. This is probably something I should have done before deleting the source material, but I am dumb like that.

There are a couple cuts that stand out a little that might have been tweaked to be a little less awkward of a transition. I have also come to agree with those who complained that the dialogue is a little too quiet for home viewing. (This would be an easy fix if I could find a program that allows me to change Dolby Digital's DRC setting to Film Standard. If anybody can find a program that can do this without having to transcode the audio, please let me know.) Lastly, there is still the closure issue with Trinity. Unfortunately I had no good solution for that problem then and I still don't. There is no footage I have ever come across that would work better than leaving it to one's imagination. Even without this, the ending still left me feeling very warm, fuzzy, & satisfied.

If this were showing in a theater for the first time, I don't think the audience would even think about what exactly happened to Neo & Trinity until after leaving the movie and talking with friends. And even at that it is kind of a good teaser in a way because it does leave it a little open to the imagination about what exactly happened to Neo. Is he alive or dead? I have my own thoughts on the matter, but the viewer can draw his/her own conclusion. And there is the teaser at the end with the Architect that people can noodle over as well. I have always been fond of movies that create good discussion with friends after it is over. This is far preferable to some crappy looking scene I might construct just to give the audience once last glance at Trinity before the credits roll.

I will always be biased of course, but I think I can say with some objectivity 6 months later that my hard work on this project paid off. This is now the great piece of action, sci-fi, & superhero fun that it always should have been. I daresay it even rivals Matrix 1 now. I hope you all get a chance to watch it at some point and rediscover the awesomeness of The Matrix universe.

downloading the bluray now. a whopping 22.5gb! looking forward to it.

Hmmm. Can you check on the status of parts 6, 14, 20, and 29-34 for me? jdownloader can't find them. I'm still waiting to download 45-47 as well, but my limit has been reached at the moment.

Ignore my last post, they're coming online one by one. Only parts 20 and 29 are offline/can't be found now, and I'm sure they'll turn up at some stage. Megaupload has gone a bit batty lately me thinks...

Yah, megaupload has been like that for a while now. I wish it would at least give a different message that says "temporarily unavailable." And I can't say I understand why this happens at all. I think I may try uploading my stuff to Mediafire instead for my upcoming movie release.

Funny how you didn't believe all of us about the low talking volume ...... See we weren't lying to you. Either way amazing fan edit!

Lol. I believed you. I was just resistant to the idea of wide dynamic range being a negative. I have since come around to the notion that these fanedits need to be more tailored for the optimal home viewing experience.

But yes, in a round-about way I am acknowledging you were right. :) If I didn't properly thank you then for the feedback Revel... Thank you!

Since I am so excited for you other upcoming edits .... give yourself a break before finally viewing them as completed. It is so easy to miss those little things when you have sat at the computer staring at it far too long.

Keep on rocking it, you are an amazing editor!

I feel a little guilty posting today during the blackout, but I have my own mini call-to-arms against Megaupload that I need some help with. I am in the process of trying to get my edits added on Mediafire because I am sick of MU shenanigans. It is a horribly managed, designed, and supported website. Of course they haven't responded to my messages I sent them.

There are currently 3 files that have been unavailable for like a week now for this edit. It may be that they will magically become available on MU any second now as they have in the past, or they may never become available again. I would prefer to not have to re-RAR my copies for upload to Mediafire. So... if anybody still has the RAR files for these sitting around on their computer, please for the love of all that is good in the universe send them to me ASAP.

Missing files I need:
Matrix Epic AVCHD, Part 58
MREE_BD, Part 20
MREE_BD, Part 29

Thanks!

geminigod said:
I hope you all get a chance to watch it at some point and rediscover the awesomeness of The Matrix universe.

id love to, but i can't find anywhere :sad:

found a low res version, now i need to find only the blu ray version

Where did you find a low res version?? Delete that crap. It is almost all re-uploaded. Links will be available soon.

found searching on internet, it's 1.8gb xvid @ 762kb/s.

i was watching it right now, i just paused to take some snack and i found your reply.
if i find an nzb for the bluray version i'll happily move from my 32" LED studio monitor to my projector upstairs :D :D :D

geminigod said:
Where did you find a low res version?? Delete that crap. It is almost all re-uploaded. Links will be available soon.
for what i saw until now (about 1 hour and i liked it), your "new matrix story" really deserve a better resolution.

Denun said:
found a low res version, now i need to find only the blu ray version

Denun said:
for what i saw until now (about 1 hour and i liked it), your "new matrix story" really deserve a better resolution.

Obviously because you are downloading some crap rip of my edit from someone who never had my permission on a site other than here where the source edit made by me, the editor, gets posted. Which is why I responded:

geminigod said:

The problem is that Megaupload where my edit was being hosted was shut down by the government. New links will be available soon. Stay tuned. I will PM you with the links for the BD version once it is uploaded.

Files are now re-upped to a new host server. Links available. PM me if you are chomping at the bit to watch. Once admins have a free moment a new dlc file should be available publicly... for however long Mediafire continues the good fight anyway.

Success! Fully loaded and ready to burn.

Back
Top Bottom