• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Matrix Revolutions: The Epic Edition

havok1977 said:
Thanks a lot for correcting your DLCs geminigod, I was able to download the AVCHD version of your Matrix Revolutions fanedit and I burned it last night.

However, my PS3 won't recognize the disk as AVCHD, it just identifies it as 'Data Disk' - any idea why?
Tested it on my brother's Oppo BluRay player and it worked fine, so I wonder if it has anything to do with the way the ISO file was put together? Please let me know what you think.

http://www.videohelp.com/download/AVCHD-Patcher_1.06.rar

It has to do with the way the original avchd structure was put together. PS3 is finicky about avchd for some reason, but as you mentioned it should work on most other blu-ray players. Trying to re-image the files won't help. Running the files through multiAVCHD in re-authoring mode for AVCHD format and then re-imaging probably would.

This is one of many reasons why I will never do another edit in AVCHD.

EDIT: Didn't see Wabid's response. Yeah you can give that a shot. I have heard of it but never tried it before.

geminigod said:
It has to do with the way the original avchd structure was put together. PS3 is finicky about avchd for some reason, but as you mentioned it should work on most other blu-ray players. Trying to re-image the files won't help. Running the files through multiAVCHD in re-authoring mode for AVCHD format and then re-imaging probably would.

EDIT: Didn't see Wabid's response. Yeah you can give that a shot. I have heard of it but never tried it before.

I actually learned about it picking apart one of Q2's releases, I noticed it was mentioned inside one of the files. Why I was in there, I have no idea.

geminigod said:

Don't get discouraged pal, Im sure that now that you learned all the finer points it will be easier next time :)

Still have to try the workaround, will let you know how it goes...

And boom goes the dynamite. Mediafire finally got around to suspending my account. Will post when alternate download locations are up and running.

geminigod said:
And boom goes the dynamite. Mediafire finally got around to suspending my account. Will post when alternate download locations are up and running.

:x

Sigh... I guess I should, like, re-upload this or something.

So, that site we don't talk about that usually has links to files we don't talk about won't be updated for another week or two. For those who like to take advantage of the free 10-day retention window, I thought I would preemptively mention here that if you are setup on usenet you can go to binsearch and search my name. I am uploading all my edits now. DVD & AVCHD are up. BD won't be up for a while yet. * Make sure you are looking at binaries.movie as opposed to binaries.test groups.

Option 2: you can download eMule (or aMule for Mac) and search my name via that app. All the various versions of my edits may be found there. (You may have to open up a port through your firewall just like you have to with usenet.) This is ancient P2P tech. It will never get shut down, and it is free, but don't expect blazing speeds (still faster than free Rapidshare!).

Option 3: We don't talk about option 3.

Back
Top Bottom