• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mathilda

Yes. Thank you all so much for your gracious reviews! We are happy to inform you that we've worked out a deal with @Wraith so we can send everyone a wheel of Asiago to gnosh on in the luscious green rolling countryside wherever you happen to live.
Tom And Jerry Eating GIF

To be clear: It's the same wheel of Asiago. Ya'll will need to figure out how to share it equitably. Who gets it on which weekend, etc.
Aw...man...Couch! You shouldn't have disclosed that we hadn't determined the cheesy custody arrangements yet. We still need a few reviews to make a hundred. 🤫

Last edited:
Sounds like a gouda time to me...
Winning FEOTM should be a bries for this edit...
It was grate!............

I've made a few very minor adjustments to the audio as per some notes from @The Scribbling Man
  • Removed strings from Leon's meeting with Tony -- when he gets the rifle -- so they no longer clash with the score at the beginning of the next scene.
  • Increased the volume on various foley during "Dancing Barefoot"
  • Adjusted music levels slightly in "Dancing Barefoot" so dialogue breaks through better.
  • Corrected a moment before "Angry Johnny" where the sound dips to zero.
There are no visual changes so the version code stamped in the opening warning is still 20230511.

I plan on making a second, optional 5.1 track with a more reserved score. I'll be bringing back Eric Serra's music in a few scenes. There will still be several of the "new" songs, however. I have no plans to bring back Sting's song for the closing credits or "Venus as a Boy" during the montage. I'm still balancing it out in my head (which to keep, which to revert). Either way, both tracks will be available (once I learn how to package it up properly), so folks can pick their poison.

I'm currently rendering a new version of this without any opening intros or trailers. This version also restores Eric Serra's score during the final shoot-out. So "Human Behaviour" has been removed, in other words. That scene is definitely better with the original score. If you are interested, please reach out and I'll share when it's ready (later today or tomorrow, most likely).

Regarding ArtisDead's involvement in this edit, it's no secret his overall input was minimal, and he didn't do any actual editing, but he was a receptive ear when I needed it most, and I do think the edit wouldn't have been finished/released without his encouragement and creativity. Having said that, a special thanks might have been a more appropriate form of attribution, at the time.

For full transparency, these are the songs he recommended I use (that made it into the edit):
  • Real Life - Send Me An Angel
  • Patti Smith - Dancing Barefoot
  • Poe - Angry Johnny
  • Sarah McLachlan - Elsewhere
Placement, timing, and the audio rebuilds were all me, but I can't deny how much better the edit is with Elsewhere closing out the movie. That was a truly inspired choice. ArtisDead, if you're reading this: Thank you. It was a genuinely great experience having your ear during those final few weeks before release.

Back
Top Bottom