• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Byrne's Man of Steel is my gold standard for capeshit, so I'll definitely check out anything he's done with F4

Byrne was a rock star creator in the 80s and 90s. His runs always start out very exciting and innovative but I find most of them lose momentum and focus towards the end, with him usually leaving a series with unresolved plot lines due to fatigue or editorial disagreements.

FANTASTIC FOUR cast announced!

Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards.
Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm
Joseph Quinn as Johnny Storm.
Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Ben Grimm.

And if the promotional art is to be taken seriously, the story (or a portion of it) may take place in the 1960s.

Release date set for July 2025.

Thoughts? Feelings?
Not feeling the rest all that much but it's excellent they hired a Jewish actor for Ben Grimm.

How many of these MCU movies do you guys really love? How many will you be watching for years to come? The more I think about it, the more I realize I don't like a whole lot after phase 1 other than Spiderman mostly because of Keaton and Tobey Maguire.

1. Iron Man
  2. Spiderman No Way Home
  3. Spiderman Homecoming
  4. Incredible Hulk
  5. Captain America First Avenger
  6. Thor
  7. Winter Soldier
  8. Avengers....
Not crazy about much else... How about you all?

How many of these MCU movies do you guys really love?
Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Guardians trilogy, Marvel's Daredevil and The Punisher S01.

The rest, some I like, some I dislike. But nothing I can't live without.

Edit: It's nice to see that TIH slowly becomes a fan favorite. I loved that film since day 1, and I wished they could've released a Director's Cut.

Last edited:
I pretty much love everything from Phase 1 to 3, and have watched most of those multiple times.
But after that...?
It becomes a very mixed bag of quality. Some I loved, some I liked, some I tolerated and then there is Thor Love and Thunder - pure stinking garbage imo. šŸ˜

How many of these MCU movies do you guys really love?

Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, Infinity War/Endgame, maybe first GOTG... and I like quite lot of others but after Endgame they dropped the ball. Now I am not even interested in watching their latest movies. Last year I watched only GOTG3 (not bad, but nowhere near masterpiece, 7/10) and ignored rest of MCU productions.

Because of multiverse stuff and most of the new characters which I dont care for I've become completely indifferent to all of this.

Last edited:
I wish I had the Infinity Gauntlet to erase that movie from existence.
I think Taika was inspired to do Ragnarok, and was required to do Love and Thunder. While I still like some of it, the comedy of it has somewhat soured me on other Waititi comedy. It's shown too much of what's "behind the curtain". Korg will never be funny again. Can't take Thor for more than an improvvy "nothing" character now.

I'm a straight up MCU shill, even past Endgame. And even I can't deny there have been some clunkers.

The biggest waste of time was secret invasion though.

How many of these MCU movies do you guys really love? How many will you be watching for years to come?
The ones I made a point to buy for the movie collection;

-Iron Man 1 & 3
-Thor 1 & 2
-Captain America 1 & 2
-Spider-Man trilogy (Holland)
-Avengers 1 & 2
-Guardians 1 & 2 (will buy 3 eventually)
-What they released of the Netflix series (minus Punisher, which I didn't like)
-BP 1

And that's it. Nothing else to me was worth buying or revisiting.

MCU is, for me, mostly fun/pretty okay while watching. But I honestly rarely remember any of it an hour later. The ones that stand out to me are the first Iron Man and the first GotG movie. The leads were compelling enough. I also liked the first 2/3 of Endgame. Actually I really donā€™t much like the final act of any of the MCU movies once it becomes throw all the CGI at the wall that we can. The rest are all just fine and diverting enough for a couple of hours. The real strength of the MCU is that itā€™s a solid brand that you know isnā€™t going to be awful. Though I have completely tired on the idea of each movie being an ad for the next one.

Black Panther (just like Captain Marvel) is in my collection only because it was connected to Avengers story and part of the series that I was collecting at the time. It's just a bad movie with weak main character (who was great in civil war but not in his own movie), who lost in fair fight, survived because somebody saved him by breaking the rules. He constantly needed help by this or that character and didnt earn any respect from me in this movie. Really, T'Challa in Black Panther is one of the most pathetic losers among all superheroes ever shown on screen. And instead of recasting and finally give the character a movie he deserved, they've just flushed him down the toilet for real world reasons (which should have never ever happened), and replaced him with someone I couldn't care less for. Way to go Marvel!

After Endgame I've decided that there is too much such movies (and TVshows) that I cant enjoy and trying to buy all of that no longer makes any sense. I got some Blu-rays for reviews, so I didnt need to pay for them (Shang Chi, Black Panther 2 - both boring and weak as hell), then I've decided that I dont even want to write about these movies anymore or put them on my shelf (still didnt watch Marvels, Eternals, third Ant man or any of later Disney+ shows - the last I've watched was Hawkeye).

So I have blu-rays of all movies from phases 1-3, then Spider-Man movies, Thor L&T (got if for review too), Black Widow and Strange in Multiverse of Madness (enjoyed these two), Shang Chi and Black Panther 2 (didnt enjoy these two), and finally GOTG3. And I am not trying to have complete MCU collection on my shelf anymore. I may buy some movies in the future, but only the good ones, about characters I care for.

Last edited:
In my case, I made up my own phases. Yeah, I'm a nutjob.

First shelve is where I put the Earth's Mightiest Heroes saga (Phase 1 & 2):
  • 1. Iron Man
  • 2. Ang Lee's Hulk (I know it's not MCU, but it works pretty well as an origin story, with no big contradictions with the greater universe)
  • 3. Iron Man 2
  • 4. Thor
  • 5. The Incredible Hulk
  • 6. Captain America
  • 7. The Avengers
  • 8. Thor 2
  • 9. Iron Man 3
Putting the three Iron Mans in a single phase allows better character arc and development for Tony Stark.

Second shelve I call it The Road to Civil War saga (Phase 2, 3 & 4):
  • 1. Captain America & Winter Soldier
  • 2. Avengers : Age of Ultron
  • 3. Ant-Man
  • 4. Civil War
  • 5. Black Widow
  • 6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • 7. Black Panther
  • 8. Ant-Man & The Wasp (the post-credit scene offers a good sneak peek at what's next, makes you wonder what happened)
This was due to my disappointment regarding the Civil War movie, that I felt rushed. It's a storyline that is supposed to last at least a phase.

Third shelve (and where I personally close the book on the MCU) I call Marvel's Infinity Quest saga (Phase 2, 3 & 5):
  • 1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1
  • 2. Doctor Strange
  • 3. Thor Ragnarok
  • 4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  • 5. Avengers: Infinity War
  • 6. Captain Marvel
  • 7. Avengers: Endgame
  • 8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
That way I put the Guardians at the center of this saga, the same way Iron Man is at the center of the first saga. And at the same time, I wrap the whole package deal on the Avengers in one final cosmic stand. Yes, I knowingly omitted Love & Thunder, it is just implied that Thor needed a lift and went on to live his own adventures, which explains his absence in Guardians 3.

The rest of the MCU is irrelevant to my viewing order since it opens doors, where I want to close them. Besides, I just don't like most of the post-Endgame stuff.

Last edited:
2. Ang Lee's Hulk (I know it's not MCU, but it works pretty well as an origin story, with no big contradictions with the greater universe)

It works even better as replacement for TIH. And since main actor was recast anyway it is even easier to watch it as part of MCU.

It works even better as replacement for TIH. And since main actor was recast anyway it is even easier to watch it as part of MCU.
True, I thought about it too. Also, not only Banner, but General Ross was recast numerous times as well, Sam Eliott (if you consider Hulk part of the MCU), then William Hurt (RIP), and now Harrison Ford.

I secretly consider that part of the MCU cause recasting doesn't matter that much if the rest works fine, and also the Ghost Rider movies, (cause why not, and also cause they kinda did a Johnny Blaze cameo on Agents of Shield for like half a second when the AoS Ghost Rider gets the spirit of vengeance).

they kinda did a Johnny Blaze cameo on Agents of Shield for like half a second when the AoS Ghost Rider gets the spirit of vengeance).
The only thing that clashes with the theory that Nick Cage's Ghost Rider is part of the MCU is that at the end of Spirit of Vengeance, the Ghost Rider turns into the Angel Rider (blue fire). But in AOS S04, Blaze somehow returns to his classic look before passing the curse to Robbie Reyes.

Looks pretty rad! Not a fan of the 3D/2D style tho. I would've preferred if they stuck with the original animation. Finally, we'll get to see Cyclops as a rightful leader. Something X-Men: Last Stand failed to deliver.
where are you seeing 3d? I can't see any 3d, this looks all hand drawn to me.

Back
Top Bottom