• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Every time I start to lose a little faith in Marvel, they drop something like this to revive my hope/hype.
I see nothing but Ryan Reynolds doing his usual annoying Memepool nonsense and using the character like Dwayne Johnson used Black Adam.

I like D1 and D2, but here... well, it will be filled with current MCU nonsense, so I am not even sure If I'd like to see that in theaters. Depends on next trailers I guess, this teaser kinda sucked.

Deadpool & Harley Quinn suffer from the same syndrome, they were cool and rather "niche" characters, whose sudden explosion of popularity made them annoying. The only genuinely good Deadpool comic out there (to me) is Wade Wilson's War, it's the only DP-centered story I read that highlights his schizophrenic tendencies, he's not this cool meta fourth-wall breaker, but an unpredictable bloodlustful psycho. A frightening character, definitely not a hero among heroes, nor Marvel Jesus.

But hey, there's Wolverine & Jennifer Garner's Elektra (šŸ˜) in the movie, so I must to be there!

Last edited:
But hey, there's Wolverine & Jennifer Garner's Elektra (šŸ˜) in the movie, so I must to be there!
I worry (only in the sense that I want the film to be enjoyable) that the Disney Plus ball and chain will drag it down. From what I know of the plot (if the trailer's not withholding info), the TVA are only there to give him a means to timeline hop, but that didn't need to be there, Deadpool can already travel through timelines with his own thing from DP2. So I'm curious if the tie-in is justified or tagged on after the fact.

So I'm curious if the tie-in is justified or tagged on after the fact.
There's a Secret Wars easter egg in the trailer. Plus, I read somewhere that the MCU is not done yet with Hugh Jackman, so maybe the inclusion of the TVA is meant to recruit some "multiversal Avengers" for an eventual showdown with Kang, Doom, Beyonder, or whoever's going to be the final boss of this current saga. As some kind of cosmic S.H.I.E.L.D.

Last edited:
the TVA are only there to give him a means to timeline hop, but that didn't need to be there, Deadpool can already travel through timelines with his own thing from DP2. So I'm curious if the tie-in is justified or tagged on after the fact.
I think because DP has already been timeline hopping is the reason that TVA are after him initially. He is a variant. But then they use him to save the universe or whatever.

FANTASTIC FOUR cast announced!

Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards.
Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm
Joseph Quinn as Johnny Storm.
Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Ben Grimm.

And if the promotional art is to be taken seriously, the story (or a portion of it) may take place in the 1960s.

Release date set for July 2025.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Casting seems pretty good aside from Pedro. He has been in too many big roles lately and we already had a great Reed Richards.

I'm glad Kirby is Sue, she's perfect!
Ebon Moss-Bachrach already played an MCU character, he was Microchip in The Punisher. But since The Thing's gonna be mostly CGI, it doesn't really matter.
I don't know Joseph Quinn (never saw Stranger Things), be he looks the part.
I'm really not sold on Pedro tho, even with sharp fanarts (and there are a lot of very good ones), he just seems totally miscast. Besides, he's already everywhere, people have Marvel fatigue, I have Pedro fatigue.

I know the 2005/2007 movies were far from great, personally, I'm very attached to early Marvel movies. But you gotta admit, that's where the F4 cast reached its peak.

I just wish this wasn't yet another male lead over a decade older than his love interest, but that's such a tiny gripe for a film I'm definitely not going to watch.

And I agree with @DirtyCop1036 Ioan Gruffudd is peak Reed Richards. The rest of the cast I liked, but Ioan really nailed that role

That makes me feel better. My knowledge of F4 comes from the random issues I picked up around the 2010s when I was on a big Marvel binge, but I've never connected with the cast on any real emotional level, so even if I knew that at one point, it's not something I retained. I always assumed the white hair he has was simply due to whatever gave them their powers, not any real indication of age.

I am a MASSIVE FF fan and the Sue/Reed love story is one my favourites.
When it is done right, it is pure magic.
Many great writers have addressed the age difference between Reed and Sue over the decades, always portraying it as a strength rather than a negative.

I don't mind age gaps in general, I'm older than my wife by some years, it was more coming from a place of my disdain for the treatment of women in Hollywood. It's something I always appreciated about Man of Steel (ironic to be praising Snyder for this), having Lois Lane played by a woman a decade older than Cavill. A nice touch.

Any storylines you'd recommend for F4? Recently purchased a big tablet I've been using to catch up on some favorites, Green Arrow, TMNT, Transformers, He-Man, etc.

I thought it would be cool to adapt a bit differently with F4 and localize them for another country, like India or something. But having them originate in like a retro futuristic version of the 60s then dimension warped to the present sounds like the only other likely choice, but a welcome one.

Any storylines you'd recommend for F4? Recently purchased a big tablet I've been using to catch up on some favorites, Green Arrow, TMNT, Transformers, He-Man, etc.
There are so many classic runs, it really comes down to personal taste.

I think one MUST read something from the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby era. While dated, it is just overflowing with incredible ideas and concepts. Maybe the iconic 3 part Coming of Galactus storyline? Or ā€œThis Man, This Monsterā€?

After Lee & Kirby, the runs of John Byrne and Jonathan Hickman are universally praised by most fans.

But there are lots of wonderful stories by various writers and artists.

@bionicbob, it's John Byrne who introduced She-Hulk into the team as a replacement for The Thing? I used to dig that era.
Yes it was. After the first SECRET WARS, the Thing temporarily left the FF and got his own ongoing solo title (before that it was a team-up book), and She-Hulk was his replacement. Later, Byrne would launch She-Hulk in her own title, revolutionizing the series as a fourth wall breaking comedy.

Back
Top Bottom