• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

making interactive dvd menu icons...

I am using pro 4.0. Well, if you found a work-around that is working, then, thats good. Sorry I wasnt a better help. Still here if you run into more troubles :)

well, moving on...
how do you author a selection that has 2 audio tracks (for optional commentary)?

you can add the extra audio track as a new layer in the timeline. Your menu can be setup 2 ways. 1) when you assign the media in the action, choose whatever audio track you want to go along with it. 2) make it just "set" the audio. It will stay on the menu, and then when you finally choose play, it will play the audio you set (a lot of commercial DVDs are setup this way). This is done with the SET AUDIO TRACK option under ACTION in the BUTTON PROPERTIES pane.

Is there an easy way to add a "back" button into a custom menu (psd)?
I can add it - but I cant get it to appear visibly other than a solid color highlight square.

2 things you can do. use the one you added in architect, just change the highlight mask of the added text button (I am assuming you added a text button) from "rectangle" to "text mask overlay" (in the BUTTON PROPERTIES pane, under HIGHLIGHT)

OR

your other option if you want it to look different is go back to photoshop, add something custom there, and start that menu over in Architect. Takes a bit more time, but if you have a special idea in mind, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

ThrowgnCpr said:
2 things you can do. use the one you added in architect, just change the highlight mask of the added text button (I am assuming you added a text button) from "rectangle" to "text mask overlay" (in the BUTTON PROPERTIES pane, under HIGHLIGHT)

Tried that, whenever I change the settings it goes away alltogether. all I can get is a solid square to highlight no icon. or nothing at all....
methinks architect 4.5 is a pile of shit and I will be looking for a new DVD authoring software for my next effort.

ThrowgnCpr said:
your other option if you want it to look different is go back to photoshop, add something custom there, and start that menu over in Architect. Takes a bit more time, but if you have a special idea in mind, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

I figured, guess this is my next move.

Thanks!

weird. i havent had any issues with 4.0, and I love the software.

I have had many more problems than this but have solved by myself. Maybe I am just not familiar with it enough but I wasnt familiar w/ vegas and photoshop and i dont have this many issues with them.

for instance sometimes I'll add a video and when I preview it theres no sound? I'll remove it and re-add it (sometimes this takes a few tries) and then there will be sound.

4.5 just seems very buggy to me.

Back
Top Bottom