• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

L O S T - The Abridged Film Series

ive been waiting 4 this-thank you dl now.didnt think this would ever come back on.ill write a review in the next week.thank you 4 posting

For those still looking for this movie, info has what you need. You can also PM me if you like.

Hey radinsky, you need to change your post and instead say something like:

"For those still looking for links to this movie, they are now available in the usual location."

basically the site you explicitly mentioned and linked to is supposed to be completely separate from this one except via PM.

If people don't know what the "usual location" all they need to do is read the rules of this site, available at the top of every page! ;-)

Glad to hear your links are now available to the masses! :)

Radzinsky said:
Thanks. I don't know what I was thinking.
No problem, I think it's quite a challenge releasing your first edit on this site, it is very understandable to make honest "mistakes" like this. I know I made tons of mistakes (I'm sure much worse than this!) when I first started out on this site!

Wow [MENTION=24032]bookwin69[/MENTION], read the rules.

Specifically, the part about info not being a concern of FE.org. You certainly should not be starting new threads about .info. Nor about topics that already have threads.

Thread closed.

seciors said:
Hey radinsky, you need to change your post and instead say something like:

"For those still looking for links to this movie, they are now available in the usual location."

basically the site you explicitly mentioned and linked to is supposed to be completely separate from this one except via PM.

If people don't know what the "usual location" all they need to do is read the rules of this site, available at the top of every page! ;-)

Just to clarify, per the rules:

6. Discussing The Availability of Fanedits. NEVER post a link in the forums to any website where you can download fanedits. And when saying where something has been uploaded, DO NOT use full URLs. Generic names are acceptable (rapidshare, mediafire, info, etc.) but please DO NOT get into discussions of download sites.

It's fine to say the edit is now on info. You don't have to say "the usual place." However, as noted, direct links to info are not allowed.

Thanks for clarifying Frink! I'm glad to know saying info is ok, and sorry for misleading anyone to think otherwise.

bookwin69, my apologies, I misunderstood your first post. I'm going to merge this thread with the existing one. Please do a search of existing threads before starting a new one next time. Thanks.

Threads merged and cleaned up.

For anyone still following this thread, I have a question:

The second film in the series (entitled LOST II - Numbers) is the only one that is anywhere near 1.5 hours (the minimum running time of a feature film). Should I include scenes that are relatively important to the narrative, so that this film is feature length like all the others, or should I instead pare it down to the 80 minutes or so that would carry the narrative forward in the swiftest possible manner?

Your input would be very helpful, since I'm not certain which method I should use. Keep in mind that if I do make this less than 90 minutes, it will be the only film that runs under the normal feature length time of 1.5 hours.

Either way, this installment should be ready for viewing in the next couple of days.

Hi Radinsky,

There are plenty of edits of full length films on this site that go below 90 minutes (raises hand...twice!!)

Focus on the narrative; do not pad your edit just for the sake of length. That's the goal around here, since telling a good story and using sound technical editing techniques is what is important.

There is a category for "shorts" on this site, but you are waaaay above the length for that category.

In short (;-)), 80 minutes or so is perfectly fine!

EDIT - in re-reading your question, it seems you really have two questions.

First, I stand by my statement that you should not worry about how long the running time is. That is not important!

Second, with regards to including material that may improve the narrative, well, that's what you need to focus on.

My advice would be to start a new work-in-progress thread for your second release, and perhaps explore this idea further in that thread.

i lke the idea of more streamlined series, but you dont wanna miss out any important footage that takes away from the story

jswert123456 said:
i lke the idea of more streamlined series, but you dont wanna miss out any important footage that takes away from the story

What I'm getting at is that I reckon that all the important footage for this film takes up about 80-85 minutes. I could include another 5 minutes or so to get it to 90 minutes. This five minutes of stuff is obviously still pretty useful, but it's not absolutely necessary. I wouldn't quite call it "padding."

Right now I'm leaning towards including it because it is good enough (and important enough), and I'd kind of like to make it so that every film in the series is feature length. It's not as though I'm sticking in 42 minutes of useless crud here, right?

Radzinsky said:
Right now I'm leaning towards including it because it is good enough (and important enough),

Hi Radzinsky, I would take a guess and say you have as good as answered your own question there. If you feel its important enough and it helps make part 2 in the film series closer to the length your aiming for surely its a win win situation.... Cheers.

Thanks for all the advice. I've decided to leave the film at 90 minutes. It was already fully rendered at that length, but I thought I'd get a little bit of advice on it anyway. I've just started uploading it, and it should be ready within the next day or so.

The extra footage is probably not 100% necessary, but I think including it was the right decision for the sake of the narrative (not to mention the added bonus of making it so every film in the series is over 90 minutes).

So that makes 2 down, 8 to go.

Back
Top Bottom