• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back Harder

the full dvd is now up on Rapidshare.

i bet n0march is too busy right now making a cover for the contest ;)

kaine23 said:
Hope cover art is being made for this!

well im slowly getting one together, but since this new job started last week my time is greatly diminished, although since you're so keen why dont you have a go?

Ok, its WIP, so feedback please.

jsbsbcoverbetadf3.jpg

the text in the red section just lists the deleted scenes.

you need to put extended on the spine

i would but its impossible. about the best you'll get is if the word 'Extended' or 'Harder' is dropped on top of spline graphic. i tried it, it looked awful so i left it as it was.

well move the name up more and remove the bloke and push the logos down and it will fit

You may need to create the spine logo from scratch. It should be quite easy. I can help with this if you need it. Here are some other suggestions since this is a WIP (looking good so far)

-tone the blue down on the front bottom. is a bit too striking
-remove rating from spine. dont think its necessary
-you have a lot of white space at the bottom of the back, and because the rest of the back is so full, it looks a bit unfinished. I would suggest maybe sliding the rest of the back contents down a bit to fill that area.
-add your logo to the back

:) I'm glad you are taking a crack at this

it may well fit but it looks horrible, see.

jsbsbcoverbeta2mq5.jpg

like throw said you need to design "extended" and also i take it is a scan of your dvd you may want to use a blank white cover you will get better results..

yeah, I am not a fan of that on the spine at all. I think you can make a new spine logo that has the word extended in it without much difficulty.

Basically use the same methods as for the front logo, except this time start from scratch. Try the 'Star Jedi' font, or something similar. I have found that particular font to be the closest to the Star Wars style. The fonts 'A New Hope' and 'Lucas Font' tend to look like crap, imo. If you want help with this. let me know, I can also probably throw one together for you to use real quick tonight

thanks for the suggestions thrown and AvP :)

i know the back cover looks a little bare in places, but couldn't think of anything to put in there.

i'll change the front blue to the same blue as 'Hollywood'...

i would like to have a crack at creating the spline logo first but if i give up and admit defeat i might well ask for a little help :)

i used a scan of the australian cover as my base, only half decent image i could find.

I have a higher res scan (doesnt show spine folds) I can email it to you. PM me with address again if you want it. And yes, by all means, you should try to make the spine first yourself. I think you shouldnt have too much trouble with it ;) let me know if you need any suggestions.

jsbsbcover4vc3.jpg

needs a little touching up around the edges by 'Extended' but other than that im pretty happy.

yep, I think it is quite nice.

high praise indeed from the boonster :) its not the final by any means just a little somethng to show where im at with it.

looks alot better

I'm making one right now too...I've got a lot of it done...I'll give post it once I'm done.

Yay :) hes back!

thought you'd dropped off the planet mate, cant wait to see your design!! mine is pretty basic and doesn't change things much so im looking forward to your take on it.

Back
Top Bottom