• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back Harder

thanks throwen :) will try and get around to touching up the untidy bits later on tonight.

My angle is going for a comic book...The cover will look like a comic book cover and the back has some panels with movie quotes altered to deal with the fanedit. I hope you'll like it.

sounds good, like the cartoon angle!

in the meantime heres my finished cover.

jsbsbcover6ge3.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/58368937/J_SBSB_Extended_Cover_Final.jpg

no worries :) just a shame i couldn't do more with it really, very much looking forward to UYI's design.

yeah, I am looking forward to another of his covers. I will get this one posted on the main page today

Here's a quick, small preview of what I have. obviously the spine hasn't been worked on at all and the back needs all the info text (and the front needs fine tuning and some edit work on the top) but it's the general direction I'm going for. Is it worth finishing or should I change some stuff up? it's your fanedit, I want you to have a cover you like.

Preview (Work in Progress):
JandSBSB.jpg

looks cool. however, i don't like the spine one bit. i like how n0mArch created a version of the original spine. Which SW font are you using there? Some of them just look awkward. I pprefer Star Jedi as the closest match. Lucas font and A New Hope are horrible. You may need to make adjustments to individual letters in the end to match the original JASBSB logo. I think you could do something similar to your front logo, only make it linear down the spine. Also I dont know about that black box at the top of the front. Other than that very cool cover. Looking forward to the final product. thanks for sharing

yes, definitely keep working on it, i do like it but i have to agree with Throwns points about the spline and front box.

feel free to use my spine logo though, after all my bitching about it being impossible im actually pretty happy with it.

anyway, looking good UYI!!!

Thank you for comments, but if you read my text before the image I said the spine wasn't worked on at all. I just put text there so it wasn't blank. That's the reason why I said "obviously the spine hasn't been worked on at all.

Also, the black box was the part that I was referring to when I said "the front needs some fine tuning and some edit work on the top" because I'm going to make it look like a compic book cover, I just need to work on it to make it actually look like it.

indeed you did :) must stop skimming posts when im tired, anyway really looking forward to the final version.

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back Harder rocked, loved every second of it, those bong-suckers rule

Same here, I downloaded it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Very nice job converting the deleted scenes to 16x9.

thanks guys!!! really appreciate the feedback :) glad you enjoyed it.

What did you guys think of this fanedit?

In the middle of it now, and just have a couple comments:
1- Love the "Do you legally own this dvd" menu at the beginning, very cool touch.

2- Maybe its me or my player, but the video looks kinda grainy.

It was exactly what I expected: J&SBSB with deleted scenes put back in, looking as good as they could. I enjoyed it quite thoroughly. Only reason it gets a 4 and not a 5 is because the source material wasn't perfect to start with, but nOmArch definitely did the best he could with the existing footage.

ReverendBeastly said:
I enjoyed it quite thoroughly. Only reason it gets a 4 and not a 5 is because the source material wasn't perfect to start with, but nOmArch definitely did the best he could with the existing footage.
I gave it 4 out of 5 for the exact same reasons. Good job!

Back
Top Bottom