• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Jaws III: Monster by Last Survivor **now on vimeo**

TM and Bionic Bob, thanks guys for such well written and enthusiastic reviews. Whilst we all do fanedits for ourselves at the end of the day, it's very gratifying to see others enjoy the edit so much.

I also recommend watching the commentary for Ghost Shark edit too! For some reason I really enjoy listening to Last Survivor talk (I'm not creepy ;-))

Seems Ghost Shark may end up being more than "just" a bonus edit, as early indications are far more positive than I thought they would be! And to think I almost didn't bother :D And TM, I'm glad you enjoyed the commentary - although should I be worried about you listening to my voice? lol, just kidding.

From a personal stand point though, I think I would have preferred the cut Alternate Seaworld scene to the final version, as I think it would have added more to the final pay off. But that is just me. Never too much monster. LOL!:lol:

Interesting Bob... I totally get where you're coming from with this. I watched it loads of times to see if I could get the scene to feel like it flowed and felt natural - but it just didn't quite fit for me. Be interesting to see what other people think on this point I have to say. May have to end up with a special special edition called Jaws III: Supermonster cut. ;)

Anyways, once again... thanks guys - if you can both remember to upload your reviews to the edit's main page when it's finally released that would be awesome.

LastSurvivor said:
if you can both remember to upload your reviews to the edit's main page when it's finally released that would be awesome.

Can you post it for me because I can't login to the page where it has the fanedit reviews...

TM Productions said:
Can you post it for me because I can't login to the page where it has the fanedit reviews...
Send a PM to Q2 or post in the Bug Report thread, he should be able to fix that for you.

TV's Frink said:
Send a PM to Q2 or post in the Bug Report thread, he should be able to fix that for you.

Alright, I posted it in the bug report thread.

I've been gone for a long, long while now but I'm thrilled to see this up now that I've returned. Finished downloading disc one and am currently enjoying it. Loving it so far. A full review to come once I've looked at disc 2. Congrats on release!

Waslah said:
I've been gone for a long, long while now but I'm thrilled to see this up now that I've returned. Finished downloading disc one and am currently enjoying it. Loving it so far. A full review to come once I've looked at disc 2. Congrats on release!

Hey Waslah! Long time no speak... good to have you back :) You helped me a lot with your feedback earlier on in the edit, so nice to hear you're enjoying what you're seeing so far. I would ask how you got the links when it's not properly released yet and I've only given the links to people who have asked for them, but hey... I'm only joking ;)

Look forward to your review.

LS

Well, looks like I've spoken too soon... all officially released now :) Thanks to Neglify and all the admins/mods for putting it out there. Enjoy, and remember to review and vote if you can.

Just finished posting a review, which was really just me repeating myself over and over and gushing about this. lol. I loved it. This is easily my favorite version of the movie now, and will be my go-to version from here on out. Loved the commentary as well. Fantastic to have what to me amounts to a tremendous special edition of Jaws 3.

Will probably get to write a full review later, but for now I'll just say this edit is AMAZING. 10/10. Watch it NOW. :)

is it just me or is J3m_2.part02 missing?

Apparently it's back up. Back to downloading.

Lea Thompson = Yummy!:-D

Can't disagree with you there Bob! She looks great in Jaws 3 :)

Waslah - thanks for the well written review on the edit's main page. Glad to see you had a great time watching it. The "B" movie style you mentioned is something I wanted people to have fun with, so it's a relief to hear that it appears to be working :)

DwightFry - again, great that you loved watching it. I always look forward to reading your reviews on any fanedit, so be good to read your thoughts on the edit overall.

oh Yeah, definitely had a blast with it. Jaws 3 is and always has been a cheesy b-movie wrapped in A-movie production values (with the exception of it's effects haha), and to see that brought out and really embraced made it even more fun. Sometimes all it takes to make a movie "good" is to just accept and emphasize how silly and goofy it all is.

Heads up to adamapple76, blueyoda and TMBTM for taking the time to write informative and entertaining reviews on the info page. Enjoyed reading all your thoughts.

I'll pick up on a couple of things... firstly, adamapple76...

Which amounted to 2 discs of meh for me. I had hoped the new shark footage might give it a kick. But rather than seeing a shark that barely moves we get fleeting glimpses of sharks from other films at various color temps, footage styles and frame rates that felt out of place. Because of that, it didn’t really work for me.

Was hoping that my edit and "meh" would never be two words used in the same sentence, but hey you can't win them all! :D However, I can't deny that the new shark effects are indeed of the fleeting glimpses kind (until perhaps the end) and of course whilst I tried my utmost to get the colour correction as right as I could, the colour temps do not match perfectly. I tried to be as upfront about that aspect of the edit right from day of the diaries I recorded. But hey man, I'm really glad you enjoyed the edit overall.

blueyoda...

and most impressive of all a “making of” special feature that details the making of Jaws III as well as its subsequent fanedit, all narrated by the faneditor. Honestly, the most impressive special feature I’ve ever seen for a fanedit.

I can't ask for more than that. Particularly as it was your P2 edit and its documentary which gave me the kick up the backside I needed to believe that hey, maybe I could actually pull this kind of thing off for Jaws III.

TMBTM...

Then we have Ghost Shark. A 30 + minutes short fanedit of Jaws the Revenge. The main idea behind this edit is something I wanted to make myself but did not have time and, to teel the truth, did not really know how to do. And I can tell you: I had the time of my life watching LastSurvivor’s version because I could not have done it better and it was a pleasure to watch a fanedit I wanted to do without, well, doing it! lol. I don’t see another way to make Jaws 4 better, IMO. Not to mention tha this short edit also have a commentary as an option.

Lots of interesting comments in your review TMBTM, but obviously this one I was relieved to read. It's no secret that at one point you were going to try and have a go at a version of Jaws IV to include on the Jaws III Monster release, so obviously when that didn't come to pass, I wanted to try and make the best job I could with my take on it. So pleased you liked it Monsieur. :)

That was a fun watch. I will say that certain footage were probably the best bits of those films. How I hate that so-called studio:p.

Asylum can be fun if you go in with the understanding of just what exactly it is they do before you turn their films on. They've absolutely perfected the art of the "knockbuster." They aren't intended to be good films, they are intended to be "entertaining" in the way that a lot of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 films were "entertaining." And believe it or not, none of their films are anywhere near the bottom of the barrel when it comes to b-movies. lol.

Waslah said:
Asylum can be fun if you go in with the understanding of just what exactly it is they do before you turn their films on. They've absolutely perfected the art of the "knockbuster." They aren't intended to be good films, they are intended to be "entertaining" in the way that a lot of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 films were "entertaining." And believe it or not, none of their films are anywhere near the bottom of the barrel when it comes to b-movies. lol.

We'll have to agree to disagree when it comes to The Asylum. I don't find anything they make to fall under a "so bad it's good" philosophy myself.They're just plain awful and painful to watch. I can't even laugh at them, like a Polonia Bros. or Conrad Brooks film. Believe it or not, I really am a HUGE fan of bad cinema. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I don't care for most Troma films either. They are actually very blatant about trying to be funny or tongue in cheek, but it just doesn't work for me. The Asylum, on the other hand just makes movies that aren't even tongue in cheek, but I can't laugh at either.

Just my opinion, though:)

Back to the topic at hand now. I just finished watching the 2nd disc (the extras disc), and was extremely impressed. You put a lot of hard work into this project, and it does indeed show. Unbelieveable job:).

LastSurvivor said:
blueyoda...

I can't ask for more than that. Particularly as it was your P2 edit and its documentary which gave me the kick up the backside I needed to believe that hey, maybe I could actually pull this kind of thing off for Jaws III.

Glad to hear I was an inspiration. Although your docu blows mine out of the water (pun intended).

The entire package is nothing short of amazing and I'll probably return to it a couple of times in the future.

Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom