• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Jaws III: Monster by Last Survivor **now on vimeo**

TMBTM said:
@LastSurvivor , yes they did. After three complaints from studios. I should have protected all videos with passwords when it was still time.

That sucks... sorry to hear that.  It's a shame studios don't realise that we do fanedits for the love of the films - and if anything it helps promote the original film anyways.  Still, hopefully the password thing will help that prevent it from happening to my account.

Hope you're well btw :)

jawsteaser2.jpg

Original title: Jaws 3-D

Fanedit title: Jaws III: Monster

Studio: Universal Pictures, Alan Landsburg Productions
Faneditor: Last Survivor
Originally Released: July 1983
Fanedit released: April 2012
Original running time: 99 minutes approx
New running time: 92 minutes approx
Cut time: 14 minutes cut, 7 minutes added
Started Edit: June 2011
Completed Edit: April 2012

Synopsis and Purpose of Edit:

Welcome to Seaworld, Florida's number one aquatic theme park for the whole family. Preparations are well underway for the opening of the eagerly anticipated Undersea Kingdom - a series of underwater tunnels which will allow the public to get closer than ever to a vast array of marine life without getting wet. Unfortunately, an unwelcome visitor has made its way onto the guest list... the killing machine known as the Great White Shark has forced its way into the man made lagoon from the open ocean. Now trapped, it has but one thing on its mind - doing what comes naturally of course and eating the paying customers!

The intention of this fanedit is quite simply to embrace the "B" movie style nature of the story and ramp it up to another level. By removing as many of the obvious 3D effects as possible, replacing many of the existing "slow" movements of Bruce III with new shark effects, creating a whole new finale and many more surprises besides, hopefully Jaws III Monster will act as a fittingly monstrous disaster tribute to a much maligned cult classic. Enjoy!

Started Edit: June 2011

Completed: April 2012

Cutlist:

- Original title sequence removed - new pre-credits and title sequences created.

- Removed scene where the Sea world water-ski team "pyramid" collapses and the shark fin is then seen nearby.

- As the sea world ocean gates become jammed, cut shot of the shark fin (in an attempt to make the sharks' presence less obvious so early on)

- Moved the attack on Shelby Overman to slightly later in the edit. New shark effects added. Also cut the 3-D shot of Overman's floating severed arm after he is attacked.

- Added Rick Springfield's "Souls" as background music for Bar scene

- Removed short scene at the Bar where Kelly, Sean, Mike and Kathryn are asked who's going to pay the bill for the drinks

- Added Billy Idol's "Eyes without a Face" as background music as they leave the bar

- Have slightly trimmed and recut the sequences involving Mike & Kathryn and Sean & Kelly after they leave the bar - intercut then more with the sequences of the two would-be coral thieves which have also been trimmed.

- Attack on the coral thieves now "altered"

- Added Cheap Trick's "I Can't Take it" as background music as Mike, Kathryn and Sean have breakfast.

- Submersible search for Shelby Overman substantially trimmed. Removed as many of the poor 3D effects as possible.

- Shark chase scene trimmed. Shots of the real shark footage have been reduced as Mike and Kathryn escape the jaws of baby shark, thanks to the dolphins Cindy and Sandy. Also shortened scene of the shark crashing into the wreck of the Spanish Galleon, meaning we no longer see the inside mechanics of the shark come forward into view through its mouth.

- Cut Calvin, Fitzroyce and Jack having dinner.

- Needle spraying into camera 3D effect trimmed as Danny prepares tranquilizer for Kathryn to use against the baby shark.

- Capturing baby shark - trimmed a few shots of the real shark footage

- 3D Underwater tunnel of monsters removed

- Sean and Kelly getting into the bumper boats removed

-As Shelby's body floats into view through the portholes of the underwater tunnels, removed the part where the girl is pressed up against the porthole by some idiot behind her.

- Mother shark gets through the shark buble screen - new shark effects added.

- Removed popcorn cart chase (thanks Bob!)

- As the water-ski team collapse into the water, have added new shark effects

- Shark attacks Kelly - new shark effects added

- New shark effects added as Mother heads on a collision course towards the underwater tunnels

- Darkened scenes of Mother actually crashing into the tunnels

- Darkened scenes inside the tunnels as the water cascades in, making it appear as if the lights have failed

- Trimmed the attack on Fitzroyce and added a couple of new shark effects

- As Kathryn goes diving to help Mike as he's welding the underwater tunnels together, some new effects have been added.

- Sequence where Mother chasing Mike and Kathryn, and the dolphins attacking Mother has been severely trimmed and altered to create a new finale.

- Entire sequence where Mother crashes through the control room and then she is eventually blown up, now removed.

- New finale created.

- Super imposed shot of the dolphins as the movie ends has now been removed

Special Features:
Jaws III: Making a Monster - new documentary on the making of Jaws 3-D and the fanedit itself

Deleted Scenes

Ghost Shark - bonus fanedit of Jaws The Revenge

Audio Commentary on both Jaws III: Monster and Ghost Shark

Technical Details:

16:9 Anamorphic. NTSC. 2 x Single Layer DVD. (special features only available on Disc 2)

Dolby AC3 Stereo.

Software used: Sony Vegas Pro 9.0, DVD Architect Pro 5.0, HC Encoder, Audacity, PgC Dmux, VirtualDub, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 6

Special Thanks:

Sophie Payne, Bionic Bob, TMBTM, blueyoda, and Romain Christmann. Without all of your help, this edit would not have been possible.
any change i could get a link to this please?

any change i could get a link to this please?
@tigermask1

American Housewife No GIF by ABC Network

Now bear in mind I'm not an authority on this subject, and that I have on many previous occasions led people astray and jumped to wrong conclusions, but in this particular case I really do believe that you would be well advised to read, or if you have already then re-read, the site FAQ regarding links to edits, because - and again, disclaimer, not an authority, I'm not 100% on this - with that said, I'm pretty sure that asking for links in the forum is against the forum rules and probably you'd be best deleting that post and messaging the edit's creator directly via DM, or if he's not in then ask a mod or someone else if they've got a copy.

Back
Top Bottom