• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Inglourious Basterds

Mollo said:
Hymie said:
Can't disagree with you more Mollo.

Well that is the joy of the FE forum. The one thing I did like, was that German was German, French, French and Italian, Italian. QT is forcing the American youth to read subs....nice!!! :)

I appreciate it when films do that. I hate nazis that speak english and the like.

I was very mixed about this film. Parts of it I loved, while other parts felt like they dragged.

I loved the first 2 acts of the movie and up to that point it was a 10/10 for me. But I think around the time of the bar scene it really started to drag and it finally picked back up towards the end.

I think there could be a pretty easy fanedit made from Shoshanna's part of the story as I think if you remove the Basterds completely her story still remains intact (and possibly more complete with the death of someone who survives because of the Basterds).

Just finished watching it. I really enjoyed this one. In no way perfect but very very very different than what I expected - in a good way (for me) ;)
8/10

Mollo said:
Hymie said:
Can't disagree with you more Mollo.

Well that is the joy of the FE forum. The one thing I did like, was that German was German, French, French and Italian, Italian. QT is forcing the American youth to read subs....nice!!! :)

This was one of my favorite aspects as well. While I'm certainly no language buff, I do like listening to things in other languages to sort of get a feel, or an ear, for them. That aside, it's a pretty ballsy move for an American film director to shoot a film that is about two-thirds non-English. What surprised me even more was that it worked. The dialogue (in my opinion) flowed very well, all things considered. This definitely brought the film up a few notches for me.

Maybe it's because the guy who wrote the final dialogue was not french (?) I don't know, but almost all the french actors have some "difficulties" to delivers their lines in that movie.
It's not bad acting, it's something else, a bit odd. I can't really say what it is.
Maybe Tarantino wanted them to "act vintage"?! :-?

Finally got around to watching this over the weekend, and absolutely loved it. I thought the acting was great, the characters were well written, and it was a fun story.

Christoph Waltz was brilliant, and my favorite character in the movie. and the scene where Aldo & Co. are trying to pull off Italian are side-splitting.

Not my favorite Tarantino film (I love Kill Bill Vol.1 the best) but this is up there for me. Lots of fun.

Hahaha! Well transcribed, Elbarto. Great scene.

Holy hell, look at this awesome poster.

yJFeRCX.jpg

I've had that on my computer for a while. Its a great composition.

Back
Top Bottom