• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Inglourious Basterds

Frantic Canadian said:
TMBTM said:
PS: Anyone noticed that huge "Star Wars window" when Shoshanna is dressed in red and the Bowie's song is playing? :)

I didn't notice the "Star Wars window", not even sure what you mean either, but I felt that the choice of song for that scene wasn't right.

I mean the window where Shoshanna is looking through during the Bowie song looks very much like many Star wars windows and cockpits:
escape12.jpg

Anyway, just another quick hommage I guess. No big deal.
(And it is possible that even the Lucasfilm guys took this design from somewhere else after all.)

I thought that I.B. was very well done. I give Q. mad props for using as many subtitles as he did given that he has to know that it'll slow down ticket sales. (This is the reason for only scenes of the English speaking bastards in the trailer.) I actually wanted MORE subtitles because there are bits of the German conversations that aren't translated. I realize that this could be for the effect of us being in the dark as characters in the film are but I'd still like the subs for those bits. The music for the most part worked quite well and there isn't really too much of the film that I'd wanna see changed. (I have to agree that I too would lose the Bowie song. The chapter cards irk me and I can't understand why Q. for whatever reason thinks they're cool. There are plenty of QT moments in the film if you know what that means. I would have liked to have seen more flashes like the one where [spoiler:2c9ty1vk]the female translater is introduced and then we see the flash of the director banging her[/spoiler:2c9ty1vk]. I did feel offended by the flashback of Shoshonna running away. I agree with those before me, we just saw that not that long ago, we can remember that far back and if we can't then you need to make shorter films. And friends, please remember...
[spoiler:2c9ty1vk]If your goal is to kill someone and you think you heard them make a noise after you've shot them, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't roll them over to check on them!!! Instead, shoot them two more times in the back of their head.[/spoiler:2c9ty1vk] :lol:

TMBTM said:
I mean the window where Shoshanna is looking through during the Bowie song looks very much like many Star wars windows and cockpits:
escape12.jpg

Anyway, just another quick hommage I guess. No big deal.
(And it is possible that even the Lucasfilm guys took this design from somewhere else after all.)

Oh well then, yes, I did notice the window but I just saw it as a window. Star Wars never entered my mind.

Frantic Canadian said:
Oh well then, yes, I did notice the window but I just saw it as a window. Star Wars never entered my mind.
I must be too much of a SW freak...! :razz:

Frantic Canadian said:
Yeah, I think IB warrants another viewing but I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray as well. What order would you place his other films?

for me it goes

1 Pulp Fiction
2 Reservoir Dogs
3 Kill Bill Part 1
4 Jackie Brown
5 Death Proof
6 Kill Bill Part 2
7 Inglourious Basterds

I counted Kill Bill as one whole film but if I were to count it as two seperate films then my list would be as follows:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill Vol. 1
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Jackie Brown
5. Death Proof
6. Kill Bill Vol. 2
7. Inglorious Basterds

so it looks like apart from Kill Bill Vol.1 and Reservoir Dogs being inverted our list is exactly the same.

great minds think alike :smile:

1 Reservoir Dogs
2 Pulp Fiction
3 Kill Bill Part 1
4 Inglourious Basterds
5 Kill Bill Part 2
6 Death Proof
7 Jackie Brown

...i didn't like jackie brown so much.

and i'm not convinced pulp fiction is better than reservoir dogs (i get that it is more critically acclaimed)

i rewatch reservoir dogs WAY MORE than i rewatch pulp fiction.

joebshmoe said:
i'm not convinced pulp fiction is better than reservoir dogs (i get that it is more critically acclaimed)

i rewatch reservoir dogs WAY MORE than i rewatch pulp fiction.

hehe, I put Reservoir Dogs AND Kill Bill 1 above Pulp Fiction. in all honesty, I probably even like KB2 more, but I know I am in a minority there. anyway, still havent seen IB yet, but really looking forward to it. The mixed reviews have me really curious. PLUS, for each QT movie trailer, I think "holy hell, that looks stupid" and it turns out to be awesome ;)

joebshmoe said:
you guys are crazy. death proof is good... but come on.
I'm serious. I even rewatched it last night to see if I still agreed with myself.
And I do. It's perfect. From start to finish.

didnt he only write and direct a segment of that movie?

Yes but I'd more readily watch his segment of that over Jackie Brown. I've always felt that JB was in need of a fanedit. That movie drags it's heels all over the place.

JB is about the same pace as the films it was inspired by. And personally I think his segment of Four Rooms is awful, and the worst thing he's ever made, by several country miles.

theslime said:
JB is about the same pace as the films it was inspired by. And personally I think his segment of Four Rooms is awful, and the worst thing he's ever made, by several country miles.
Even though he didn't write or direct it the worst thing he's done was "Destiny Turns On The Radio". The best thing he's done was his Top Gun monologue in the film "Sleep With Me".

i particularly like the sicilian bit in true romance. one of my favorite scenes of his writing.

Stomachworm, I think it's safe to say that our tastes, well, differ. :)

theslime said:
joebshmoe said:
I'm serious. I even rewatched it last night to see if I still agreed with myself.

Funny dat. I think, as do most of my friends that Death Proof is utter shite. Totally outshined by Planet Terror.

white43 said:
theslime said:
joebshmoe said:

Funny dat. I think, as do most of my friends that Death Proof is utter shite. Totally outshined by Planet Terror.

Yeah well you're comparing it to Planet Terror. On its own Death Proof is a pretty good film.

my pet theory is that the movie people see first is the one they tend to favour.

Back
Top Bottom