• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Heroes

I'm just stating what I think....Heroes has notably declined in quality. Even tonights episode(US) has the worst dialogue I've heard in ages - seems like kids wrote it.

Heroes feels like it's flailing, desperately whinging it's arms in the air at the moment. Too many twists and turns make them all the more predictable. I'm not alone in what I think - many people across the net were complaining from Season 2 that it needed fixing - hell, even Tim Kring, the series creator has commented several times that they've gone off the page as it were. :-(

I'm a tad worried about them rehashing the same material season after season...after frakking season. Seriously, either come up with some sort of original idea, or slip a blade into the series's lower back. Ugh...

Seriously, either come up with some sort of original idea, or slip a blade into the series's lower back. Ugh...

exactly what i think.

look what happened to prison break. i´m glad they bury it after this season. the story and the twists were unbearable...

Heinrich said:
Seriously, either come up with some sort of original idea, or slip a blade into the series's lower back. Ugh...

exactly what i think.

look what happened to prison break. i´m glad they bury it after this season. the story and the twists were unbearable...

Oh god yea - I was relieved when they shitcanned PB, that was just getting way too stupid - especially when dead people kept being resurrected.....oh whoops- isn't that what Heroes is doing now? :wat:

I agree.

I'm still not sure why I'm still watching it. I think it's the same reason why people buy still U2 or Oasis albums. It's like a twisted loyalty cause their early stuff was great. Same with Heroes I suppose.

It's clear they have no new ideas. They keep rehashing so much. The Future Drawings, Citites getting destroyed, Time Travel, Screwing with powers.

I think the problem is the show never really settled after Season 1 & it's struggled to find it's feet ever since. So the writters try something new out of desperation, but it's not thought through properly so fans complain. So the writters try something old from Season 1, but the fans complain cause they've seen it before. So in the end nothing works & everyone is left unhappy.

It's a shame. O well, guess I'll just have to stick with Dexter.

I keep watching it hoping something would actually happen, but it all feels so... well, washed out. The characters are boring and it's full of unneeded twists and weak ideas.

Just realised, Peter never saved that Irish chick from the future in season 2. I thought he'd kind of remember he had to save her in season 3 or something.

Come to think about it this is just a cheesy family drama with superpowers. All we need now is for the cheerleader to get pregnant by Aquaboy, Peter to finally tell his mother he's gay and Sylar finding out his daddy is... let's say... Linderman? Matt's Dad? Ah, it would be something cheesy making Sylar someone's long lost brother or son or something. Oh and in case you havn't figured it out, his sidekick is his half-brother. :oops:

I started watching Lost again and strangely it kind of started to make sence. :)

Just realised, Peter never saved that Irish chick from the future in season 2. I thought he'd kind of remember he had to save her in season 3 or something.

Wow, I completely forgot about her. I guess the folks in charge ho--

Wait...I see something --- someone goes into the future to see why DC is blown sky-high and manages to rescue her. That's it! They aren't rehashing material, they're just taking and altering existing material to put a new spin on it! Yes, totally awesome!!!*

*Take two 400mg sarcasm tablets and call me in the morning, please.

yesterday's episode, [spoiler:1mo5hymw]the one where Sylar finds out about his mom[/spoiler:1mo5hymw] was not as bad as the one before that, but still far from good. If it wasn't for my wife, I think I would have long stopped watching that show which started so promising.

I thought the last episode was much better, watchable even. That Bryan Fuller fella wrote it & the difference shows. The drama, comedy & even the romantic stuff worked pretty well. It's a shame he left after Season one, 1 good episode hardly makes up for 2 shite Seasons.

Agreed FM. Last weeks and this weeks seemed to actually be coherent again.

[spoiler:2c3yuqxm]And this week they've already killed off two pointless characters....even though Ali Larter is hot stuff. Bit disappointed that Rebel is Mikka.[/spoiler:2c3yuqxm]

I loved this episode.

HRG is still in the middle of sh!t. Always working his own agenda.

Zeljko is still a bad ass that you love to hate, though with last episode's end, I thought Sylar would be coming after him.

Ma Petrelli on the run was cool. I don't get how Peter found her though.

Hiro, Ando, and Toddler Touch and Go were all great. Saw Hiro getting power back a mile away, though I thought Ando may have had to charge Matt first.

I didn't see the Parkman/Daphne thing until it was revealed. Something was off, but I just wasn't sure.

I loved everything Tracy, except the dressing room. The parking garage was beautiful.

I missed Sylar this episode.

Soo, Volume 4 is over... [spoiler:1om5cmwg]I liked how Sylar used his ability in the begining of the episode. It was.. creative. The twist was interesting. Oh, and the big final battle? They decided not to show it? What the hell?[/spoiler:1om5cmwg]
It wasn't too bad really, I just thought it would be "bigger". It gives me a feeling of deja vu, I think something like that was planned for season 1 or 2, I don't remember well, but there was someone went to the future[spoiler:1om5cmwg]and found out Sylar was actually the President.[/spoiler:1om5cmwg]I don't recall, since most of the "time travel" and the "visions" never actually happen or even matter in the next episodes. These kind of things just lead nowhere, lead away from the story and in the end, make me lose interest in the characters and show itself. Sylar can be fun, Hiro too, even Mat has his moments, but 80% percent of the stuff that happens actually makes me feel... numb.

So what do you guys thought of it? Any remaining "fans" out there?

i've stopped watching this a few episodes into season 3. perhaps i'll pickup the DVDs.

actually i probably won't.

Well. The finale of Season 4(Volume 4) was pretty underwhelming. As suggested on Aintitcool.com, I rather hope Tim Kring passes over responsibilities to someone else....

I'm still pissed Peter hasn't got all the abilities like he did in Season One. They should hand it over to someone else & if they can't make it into something exciting then they should put the show out of it's misery.

so. watched a few episodes of the new season. I like it better than the last one but that was a total pile of crap.

but i have the feeling that somehow they started to tell a story again. show us new heroes with abilities. that ability to see sounds is a great idea. it seems like they start using their cosmos again instead of letting the actors stumble around in it. I even like Sylar again. ok that idea with his soul and his body being apart but still the body part is 100 per cent Sylar without the evilness is stupid but since Star Trek i like watching the dude again. And having T-bag on board is a good idea. I even like this whole circus freaks idea...

anyway since ratings are still going downhill (even with the lesbian kissing thing :oops: ) that is probably the last season...

Back
Top Bottom