• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween - The Doctor’s Cut

Finally watched this entire edit all the way through as a movie for pleasure with my partner and a gaggle of Halloween loving friends in my home theatre.

Got the chills. Everyone of us. We all had seen these two movies multiple times. Most of us have also enjoyed my collection of fanedits of these movies. We all but my partner, (she had to go in for a night shift), watched it twice.

It was an excellent time as I had just got home for a while from the center. Everyone unanimously agreed that it was among the best Halloween edits and far superior to the originals.

We all loved the haunting bookend songs!

Great work again, J. You conquered it!

I agree. It is a great, but lowkey edit, thus far. If it wins this month that'd be fantastic. More people should definitely see it.

Last edited:
If you win J there will be some people who reach out to you to see it that you've never met. The edit would get some of the attention it deserves.

Last edited:
A few good people, and a great many random people have reached out to me, which has been great. Happy to give people better entertainment.

Last edited:
I think a great many people more than you are personally aware enjoy your edits. Read your reviews. Look at the results. 😁

I think you misunderstood the post.

Finally watched this entire edit all the way through as a movie for pleasure with my partner and a gaggle of Halloween loving friends in my home theatre.

Got the chills. Everyone of us. We all had seen these two movies multiple times. Most of us have also enjoyed my collection of fanedits of these movies. We all but my partner, (she had to go in for a night shift), watched it twice.

It was an excellent time as I had just got home for a while from the center. Everyone unanimously agreed that it was among the best Halloween edits and far superior to the originals.

We all loved the haunting bookend songs!

Great work again, J. You conquered it!

If you win J there will be some people who reach out to you to see it that you've never met. The edit would get some of the attention it deserves.

That’s awesome to hear! I am finally gonna sit down and watch it for entertainment only purposes myself and share with my fiancé to see. Let’s hope it goes well. I’m excited. I’ve had. My eyes off off it for a while so it will be a fresh take on somerthiong in familiar with. I really hope I win and I hope everyone who voted feels it’s worthy 👍🏼 I’ll be happy to talk to more people interested in this. I try and check here often as possible

Hello,

Happy Halloween! I have some fun news to announce. In light of some afterthoughts as well as great feedback I’ve received, I decided to make a small revision of my edit. To those of you who have already seen it, you won’t find this to be a completely new edit, but some improvements were certainly made. I don’t like to think of it as a rerelease, but simply a correction of a few things.

Very soon, my IFDB page will display the accurate information of the revised version. I will also be updating the first page of this thread with the current changes. However, I’d like to briefly explain here what changes were made for those that are interested:

-Color corrected the black and white in the opening to be sharper and a more true black and white.

-When Judith says “Michael”, no more bleed through of music is heard, vocal remover much cleaner.

-After Judith seen, does not linger on black for as long (very small change)

-No longer incorrectly May 4, 1978, it's now correctly pictured as May 4, 1964

-Volume adjustments throughout the first 20 minutes or so, including more even audio between H1 and H1 Extended files

-Michael no longer stalks Tommy outside of school

-Loomis scaring Lonnie added music quieter

H2:

-H3 music erased during Hunt telling Brackett that Annie found dead and scene following, left as no music

-Janet No longer finds Mr. Garrett and Mr. Garrett scene of death removed with it

-Janet finding Dr. Mixter removed and her death removed

-Jimmy and Nurse checking on Laurie to her unresponsive immediately cuts to Jimmy running down hall looking for Mrs. Alves - cutting the Janet scene above

-Jimmy cut saying to Nurse who of "I can't find anyone" that he can't find, including him saying "we gotta find Laurie"

Let me know if you’d like to see this new version!

I am quoting the front page as it stands, as this is the accurate information depicting the approved version and version that won FEOTM July 2022. The front page as well as IFDB will be updated in accordance with the revised edition. I wanted to keep this version available for historical purposes I suppose. Thanks everybody for your constant support 🙏🏼

full

**Hello, I wanted to finally get my Halloween Fanmix out there. It is called Halloween: The Doctor’s Cut. This is my first time submission and the first fan film I’ve made.

Brief synopsis: It is Halloween 1, Halloween 1 Extended Edition & Halloween 2 mixed into one movie, the entire night he came home. The twist is that it focuses more on the relationship between Dr. Loomis and Michael rather than Laurie and Michael.

Additional scenes in the Halloween 1 Extended Edition were included as it adds to the Loomis/Michael story. The movie is mixed primarily on the basis of removing content, but there are other changes I have made to make the film unique and a fun alternative viewing of the night he came home. This includes additional music and other surprising tweaks that you will just have to see for yourself. You can see a complete list of changes below…

**CHANGEST LIST**
SPOILER ALERT
All changes noted are roughly within a second or two.

Halloween 1978 removed:
0:00-3:34 - The opening credits/part of the opening scene of Michael watching his sister and boyfriend
6:00-7:00 - Michael walking outside after killing sister
14:29-16:25 - Loomis talking to Wynn and Laurie in class
25:37-28:06 - Laurie seeing Michael outside, talking on the phone with Linda
44:05-49:56 - Tommy talking about the boogeyman, Annie getting stuck in the laundry room
54:19-56:18 - Tommy seeing Annie being carried by Michael
1:07:44-1:07:50 - Linda being strangled on the phone, removed Laurie referencing her "famous chewing"
1:13:38-1:14:22 - Trimmed Laurie looking for Paul and Linda in the house
1:27:36-1:30:56 - Cut after Loomis says "as a matter of fact, that was" and then walks by Laurie. This transitions into the 2nd film

Halloween 1978 added:
-Beginning scene of Michael stalking Judith is now black and white with "Don't Fear The Reaper" playing. Judith can be heard saying Michael and stab effects are included until the scene eventually fades out to black.
-Scene from the Extended Edition added where Loomis is at the panel discussing Michaels future. Also includes Loomis walking back into Michael's room and telling him that he "fooled them". Opening credits and title are added and included in this scene. Two additional scores are added to this scene and Halloween theme fades out during 15 years later scene of Loomis and Marion in the car driving in the rain, signaling the end of the new intro.
-Extended Edition scene added of Loomis seeing Michael's room where he wrote "sister"
-Additional score begins in the scene of Loomis yelling at Lonnie and eventually talks to Brackett.
-New titles added featuring the dates and location early in the film. These replaced the ones from the original film that were in place.

Halloween 2 1981 removed:
0:00-3:05 - Opening recap removed. First film transitions into Loomis running outside to see Michael not in the grass
3:33-7:28 - Loomis not seen standing up after touching grass, opening title removed
8:30-12:27 - Michael not seeing stealing knife, killing neighbor girl, siren of police car removed during scene of EMS picking up Laurie.
14:17-16:02 - Laurie in ambulance trimmed to quicker arrival at hospital, boy with blade in his mouth removed entirely
19:59-22:02 - More of boy with blade in mouth removed, Jimmy visiting Laurie removed
24:29-27:55 - Karen heading to work removed, Michael being seen walking towards hospital removed, Bud and crew watching news about Michael removed
28:22 -32:16 - Garrett not seen letting Karen in, more of Bud and crew in break room watching news removed, Michael not seen walking down stairs, Karen talking with Mrs. Alves removed
44:22-52:35 - All of Bud and Karen removed. Laurie's dream sequence removed.

Halloween 2 1981 added:
-Halloween main theme begins when Loomis is visualized stepping outside to see Michael not in the grass. It plays through until scene of EMS picking up Laurie and fades out at the beginning of said scene.
-Additional score included when Hunt tells Bracket that he believes they found Annie dead. Scene plays through Brackett actually seeing her, Loomis and Hunt discussing things and finally fades out at the very beginning of Garrett missing Michael on the camera at the hospital scene.
-Additional score during the Samhain scene at the school
-Additional score after Loomis points gun at officer shouting "those orders have changed!" and plays through after Laurie seeing Loomis and crew entering hospital
-Don't Fear The Reaper cover fades in and plays when ambulance drives away with Laurie and plays through the newly constructed end credits.

Although this is my first fanedit, I believe I have created a very fun, dark, eerie and fresh edit. Big changes have been made since the beginning. I have had great guidance through this entire journey and I encourage anybody who wants a fresh take one the original two films to ask me to see the edit. Scenes cut out, cut scenes added in, additional score and a fresh perspective on two beloved characters: Michael Myers and Sam Loomis.

Perhaps, you shouldn't refer to it as "this new version".

Just finish watching this. It’s awesome. I’m definitely watching this one in order with 4, 5 and 6 now. I even made myself a copy of it.

I would love a copy of this. In fact, if anybody has skills to create a custom blu ray case and print like this, PLEASE PM me. I would love to speak to you. I have yet to create a copy for myself except for a digital.

Back
Top Bottom