• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween - The Doctor’s Cut

just got done watching the updated version. u nailed it. cant think of anything id change. very smooth, really good editing. if i never seen Halloween id think this was the real deal. this is gonna be a big hit, i bet u that one. It really tells the story in way and makes it a nice ride.

You dont know how much this review means to me. Thanks for posting it in this thread. Im so glad you enjoyed my work! Don’t be afraid to watch it again this Halloween!

Speaking of which, they would both be excellent candidates to preview your edit at this point.

Hint...hint...
Hey message me back when you get a chance. Haven’t heard from you, wondering if I accidentally had you on ignore? I’m still very much here.

This is a great take on the story of the two first movies. You put them together in such a way that they seemed to belong that way. Love the beginning scene and the haunting ambience of the end credits! This is almost ready for approval!

This is a great take on the story of the two first movies. You put them together in such a way that they seemed to belong that way. Love the beginning scene and the haunting ambience of the end credits! This is almost ready for approval!

Thank you 🙏🏼 I appreciate your feedback and look forward to the final stages. I’m glad you liked those things in particular.

The artwork is getting better and better. If I didn’t have a favorite piece, I do now. Glad to see you added Loomis to the knife. It turned out wonderful and looks better than I envisioned. Thank you for doing that

After months of my nitpicking and major assistance from @INIGHTMARES in previewing, mentoring and technical assistance, along with preliminary previews from @Ryantology , @INIGHTMARES and I consider this edit approved! Excellent job, @Jnisch this is our definitive version of the first two installments of the original series. Love the Don't Fear The Reaper open, the awesome sound effects and that very haunting close! You've come a very long way and we are anxiously awaiting your next masterpiece!

Thank so much. I’m so happy to finally hear this. Thank you all again for all of the help you’ve given me at every step of the way. I look forward to see what the future holds. In the mean time, it’s time for everyone to enjoy a fresh take on Halloween! 🎃

This will probably be my last comment in this thread unless somebody asks me something here….movie is new, improved and APPROVED. Message me on how you can see this. We’re live on IFDB so dont forget to go over there and leave a rating/review. Here is fine too. Happy Halloween and be safe…

As someone who did a similar Halloween 1+2 film concept and has seen many other incarnations of this specific fan mix, Jnisch has made the best I've seen. The cuts are logical. The Hi-def footage of Carpenter's tv footage is not something I thought I'd ever see, and it showcases the power of that scene and its seamless integration into Halloween. The pacing is solid and the transition between the two films is seamless without losing the catharsis of the theme music playing at that moment when Michael is gone. It's tough to not lose momentum by the time you get to part 2 and this edit cuts through the fat. Congrats on getting approved. Well deserved!

As someone who did a similar Halloween 1+2 film concept and has seen many other incarnations of this specific fan mix, Jnisch has made the best I've seen. The cuts are logical. The Hi-def footage of Carpenter's tv footage is not something I thought I'd ever see, and it showcases the power of that scene and its seamless integration into Halloween. The pacing is solid and the transition between the two films is seamless without losing the catharsis of the theme music playing at that moment when Michael is gone. It's tough to not lose momentum by the time you get to part 2 and this edit cuts through the fat. Congrats on getting approved. Well deserved!

What an honor 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Thank you for your kind words. This was nicer than I could ever imagined you’d say, so thank you! There was a lot that went into it and im so happy you appreciate it.

That was a very awesome review. Would you mind officially reviewing it on IFDB? Thanks!

I was told about this edit by @ArtisDead
It has been many years since I have seen Halloween (and can barely remember part 2..); your list of additions & alterations sounds really interesting! I am looking forward to watching your edit. (y)(y)

I have watched your edit today. It's absolutely fantastic mate!
The opening sequence, with "Don't Fear The Reaper" is perfect, and really had me thinking that this was always like that in the original film! The subtle trims you made work perfectly; none of the trims stood out as "hang on, something is missing". All the cuts were seamless.
The audio sounds great, and the transition from the first film into the second film was flawless.

It had been many years since I last saw either of the first two Halloween films; I first saw them on VHS, then later on DVD. The picture quality in your edit looks amazing -- so much better than what I have seen before haha! I imagine that these are from a Blu-ray source?

Thanks @ArtisDead for telling me about this edit!

Oh one odd question: what is the name of the font that you used for the titles of the locations and years etc.? It looks great!

This edit is the one I'll be keeping and watching for these two films.

Excellent work!

Th
The opening sequence, with "Don't Fear The Reaper" is perfect, and really had me thinking that this was always like that in the original film! The subtle trims you made work perfectly; none of the trims stood out as "hang on, something is missing". All the cuts were seamless.
The audio sounds great, and the transition from the first film into the second film was flawless.

It had been many years since I last saw either of the first two Halloween films; I first saw them on VHS, then later on DVD. The picture quality in your edit looks amazing -- so much better than what I have seen before haha! I imagine that these are from a Blu-ray source?

Oh one odd question: what is the name of the font that you used for the titles of the locations and years etc.? It looks great!

Excellent work!
Thanks so much! Im really happy you enjoyed

Excellent work!
Also, it’s ITC Serif Gothic Heavy. You should be able to find the font on Google easily

Back
Top Bottom