• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween - The Doctor’s Cut

Thank you. Some more tweaks and improvements coming this Sunday! Thanks for your support. Looking forward to its final release

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Every day we get nearer to this edit being approved. For anybody curious, the edit was completely redone a while back with HD files of the movie. It has also been restructured with a brand new intro, alternative scenes, additional music and all new credits, amongst other important changes.

Please ask me if you’re interested in this edit.

Last edited:
This looks great. Loved the trailer. Look forward to seeing this one.

Hey everybody. Just posting an update that more improvements have been made and we are very near a final cut. I would sincerely appreciate anybody interested in this reaching out to me and giving me honest feedback.

In the meantime, check out the two trailers and awesome cover art!!

Really cant wait to see this. Sounds like its in a running for top spot. Let me know when its ready.

You're talking about the Don't Fear The Reaper trailer? It freaking rocks!

I know how badly you want to hear that it is but he commented this before I posted it 😛😛😛

But you’re right. It rocks!

@INIGHTMARES is talking about the beginning of the edit that I shared with him weeks ago. I told him that it would probably become a trailer. I shared it with him and @Wraith on our shared pm when you first put it together.

😁

Last edited:
@INIGHTMARES is talking about the beginning of the edit that I shared with him weeks ago. I told him that it would probably become a trailer. I shared it with him and @Wraith on our shared pm when you first put it together.

😁
Speaking of which, they would both be excellent candidates to preview your edit at this point.

Hint...hint...

Speaking of which, they would both be excellent candidates to preview your edit at this point.

Hint...hint...

I have talked to Inightmares and they will watch if they have time soon. I will see if Wraith is interested. Also I will say to you and publicly that I have made the tweaks I’ve wanted to tonight and have officially added the credits and one last additional score…

To everyone, PLEASE let me know if you want to see how this intense edit stands

Not sure what you mean by that...
There was just a couple things I wanted to tweak slightly since my latest version. I was just saying that I did that in addition to adding those credits on to it. So it’s in an even better spot now. Check your PMs

I just finished watching a preview of this edit.
The opening scene with the Fear the Reaper song was a perfect fit, since the track plays diegetically within the film later on. I enjoyed how the new location & day titlecards displayed alongside the music, flowing from one scene to the next as we follow Doctor Loomis and his relationship with Michael immediately.
The plot is easy to follow. And with how the scenes in the opening are arranged, all the tension throughout is retained. This version of the first two films is well worth anyone's time if they are fans of the series. But even more than that, it is great for people like me that think the first film is a little slow. Since we follow Doctor Loomis from the beginning it keeps things feeling fresh and intriguing. The full runtime is 2hr.18min. and we get to see how truly relentless Michael really is throughout that time.

Jnisch has done a great job of having seamless edits. First time editor like myself too! This version will be my shelf replacer for films 1 & 2 of the franchise.

I want to address a few things that caught my attention:
-Possibly add more gore SFX to the stabbing in the opening POV scene.
-Not a huge deal but maybe make the opening actor's credits smaller on-screen. They are quite large.
-After the Halloween titlecard appears put the year right after it, since you have all other times with the titlecards.
-(01:18:50) Try not fading to black, instead cut from the POV shot to the cop car parking with no fade.

Besides those small, only suggested things, this edit is great and ready for everyone to enjoy in the community.

Last edited:
I just finished watching a preview of this edit.
The opening scene with the Fear the Reaper song was a perfect fit, since the track plays diegetically within the film later on.
I enjoyed how the new location & day titlecards displayed alongside the music, flowing from one scene to the next as we
follow Doctor Loomis and his relationship with Michael immediately.
The plot is easy to follow. And with how the scenes in the opening are arranged, all the tension throughout is retained. This version of the first two films is well worth anyone's time if they are fans of the series. But even more than that, it is great for people like me that think the first film is a little slow. Since we follow Doctor Loomis from the beginning it keeps things feeling fresh and intriguing. The full runtime is 2hr.18min. and we get to see how truly relentless Michael really is throughout that time.

Jnisch has done a great job of having seamless edits. This version will be my shelf replacer for films 1 & 2 of the franchise.

I want to address a few things that caught my attention:
-Possibly add more gore SFX to the stabbing in the opening POV scene.
-Not a huge deal but maybe make the opening actor credits smaller on-screen. They are quite large.
-After the Halloween titlecard appears put the year, since you have all the other times in the titlecards.
-(01:18:50) Try not fading to black, instead cut from the POV shot to the cop car parking car with no fade.

Besides those small, only suggested things, this edit is great!
Wow. What a great review. I really appreciate the feedback. You had such great things to say and you highlighted a few of the things I liked about the edit. I can tell by what you had to say that you did not see the most up to date version of the film (perhaps I did not send the most recent?), because I actually did change that there was no fade at 1:18:50. I agree, it doesn’t work, so I currently have it more seemless. As far as your other suggestions, I think you make some really great points that are worth addressing. Thank you so much for taking the time to both watch and review! Have a great weekend.

just got done watching the updated version. u nailed it. cant think of anything id change. very smooth, really good editing. if i never seen Halloween id think this was the real deal. this is gonna be a big hit, i bet u that one. It really tells the story in way and makes it a nice ride.

@Jnisch I watched your last workprint, not the latest one you sent me. So that's great if you changed the fade at 1:18:50. That would be the #1 thing I'd change on my small list, and you have 🙏

Back
Top Bottom