• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

gdism I hit my head hella bad. fuckin hurts. All cuz of this bitch. Fucking ow.

kq6v.jpg

gdsim this bottle of champagne won't let me put the crok back in , fawk. Well I guess we're drinking teh whole bottle

*Checks time stamp*...you guys were up late.

TV's Frink said:
*Checks time stamp*...you guys were up late.

Yeah, her boyfriend was pretty pissed at me the next day.

2013 didn't go out on a high, nor did 2014 come in with a bang for me. Instead, 2013 went out for me with a cold, which started with a 3-day sore throat, and 2014 came in with laryngitis. All this thanks to my little nephew's Christmas "gift". :lol: He was sick when we saw him on Christmas, and now myself, my sister, my sister's boyfriend, my mother, and my brother's girlfriend are all suffering from a cold. My brother's girlfriend and I seem to be suffering the worst of it though. :(

What I didn't want to spend my Sunday doing...alternating between backing up my phone and yelling at my kids to stop yelling at each other so I can back up my phone, all so I can factory reset my phone in order to (I'm sure) discover I still can't make outgoing calls. GDISM.

Also, ot.com is down so I can't b*tch there too.

TV's Frink said:
What I didn't want to spend my Sunday doing...alternating between backing up my phone and yelling at my kids to stop yelling at each other so I can back up my phone, all so I can factory reset my phone in order to (I'm sure) discover I still can't make outgoing calls. GDISM.

Still can't make outgoing calls.

wayne.workman2012 said:
Exhaust fan burned out on my main laptop. Goddammitsomuch!
Man, I'm scared of something like that happening. And I think the fan on my Gateway laptop could probably use a cleaning, but I'm not brave enough to unscrew and open up the whole dang thing in order to do so. :oops:

Gaith said:
Man, I'm scared of something like that happening. And I think the fan on my Gateway laptop could probably use a cleaning, but I'm not brave enough to unscrew and open up the whole dang thing in order to do so. :oops:

It's not as hard to do as you think. And if you want it done, 50 bucks will likely do it at any am and pa computer shop. Look at some tutorials online, watch some videos. Know that what you see will differ from your laptop but it is very similar. You can do it. Buy an anti static bracelet or just always keep one hand on a metal part to equalize the electric charge between you and the laptop. Take a shit ton of pictures as you take it apart. Put the screws in a ziplock bag as they come out.

My exhaust fan is the only moving part in my laptop. I let my laptop run 24/7 for about three months doing some hardcore bit coin mining. That's what did it. No biggie tho. Replacement fan was ten bucks and will be here in two days.

Thought about the el cheapo fix?
Can of compressed air.

Vultural said:
Can of compressed air.

Depends on the debre. If it's dog hair, it won't help a lot. Especially if you have a new Lenovo laptop because it has numerous small intakes all over the bottom. On a lot of the new laptops, there isn't a central intake vent. So spraying air in there will just blow that junk all into your laptop.

And if there is a serious clog that's sorta woven or compressed against the heat exchanger, this can get lodged in your exhaust fan, burning it out, causing it to overheat.

I don't have a Lenovo personally, I have a beastly Lenovo that I use for "work"... I have a personal Acer with a central air inlet. It was clean, I just shouldn't have treated it like a server. Oh well.

The lesson: don't use bitcoins.

Vultural said:
Can of compressed air.

If you did it with a new laptop monthly or even bi monthly (just a quick shoot of compressed air) you'd probably be fine forever. It's the big nasty clogs that you wouldn't wanna do this with.

Hm, I do have a can of compressed air, but have read some articles suggesting that blowing it into the fan could damage the fan. But as for the gunk, it should only be normal small dust particulates, nothing as thick as pet hair. So maybe I'll give that a try at some point... thanks for the advice. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom